The Official Cheap Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Motterman, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediWarrior Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Is there a KOA anywhere near there?
  2. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for the info on parking! That will be very helpful. I had a reservation at the Fairfield in near the airport for $99 one night and $69 the other 2 nights. I found a Super 8 in Greenfield for $54 a night so I changed my reservations to that one. The lady says it's only 20-30 minutes to the convention center. Not too much further than the airport but it will save me some cash.. more money for Merchandise. :D
  3. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Before you change that reservation, Greenfield is WELL over a half-hour to get to the convention center, let alone the construction on the east side of town. The airport is only about 5 minutes from downtown, less than that if you drive like me. Plus, believe me when I say to you that there will be absolutely NOTHING going on in Greenfield (middle of nowhere), whereas the airport is literally minutes from the convention center and downtown (where EVERYTHING will be going on. Hope this help you. Believe me, I have lived here for a long, long time...
  4. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I second the problems with Greenfield...that's a good 20 minutes east of me, and I live on the outskirts of eastern Indy. You could pick me up on your way into town [face_laugh] Seriously though, the lady over exaggerated Greenfield's convenience...sure, a construction free drive during non-rush hour conditions with Indy's finest preoccupied with other things than SW fans trying to make the kessel run....then yeah, 80 mph will get you from Greenfield to the Convention Center in under 20 minutes...but I cannot condone a course of action that will get my guests arrested.

Things you'll need to weigh out in your mind:
    -hotel savings vs driving time + parking costs
    -safety (peace of mind factor of a small town vs large city)
    -things to do outside of the Celebration (before/during/after)
    -probably other things that I can't think of
  5. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh well Thanks but I do not mind driving for a little bit to get there every morning. If the cops pull over me and my son in Jedi Outfits they may just put us in a padded cell so I will watch my speed. Anyway not being near the airport means I don't have to listen to airplanes flying overhead while I try to sleep.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.