main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL The Official City Coordinator Campaign Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Buzz here, One half of the team that helped start the Chapter.
    I am starting this thread so we can get the whole ugly biz of electing the City Coordinator out of the way before the meeting in Feb.

1) Nominate somone and why. Nominate yourself and you are out of the running.

2) Someone second it.

3) That person must accept or decline it.

Elections will be held in Feb.

2. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I nominate Delaya.
    For starters she is the one who arranges where the meetings are to be held, finds places like bowling alleys, and provides directions for the out of towners.
    So far it has been her planning that has gotten this group going.
    Who seconds?
    Buzz

3. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I'll second that. :) But we did vote on this once and choose Cigam. If we are to vote again I would suggest it occur at the meeting.

4. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Agreed.
    These are just the nominations. The election WILL be held at the meeting.
    In another thread Cigam meantioned Delaya as the CC.
    I am making this the formal primary.
    Buzz

5. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Ok, formal primary seconded. :)

6. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Yeah, I wholeheartily and utterly support Delaya as the OCC. I mean, she's already the Un-Official one, why not make it official?

(Ever notice the word 'Official' comes up alot in these threads?)

Delaya for City Coordinator...to the Extreme!

7. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Go Delaya! Go Delaya! I vote for Delaya also.

8. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I thought what Cigam volunteered for was to be forum administrator once we're official and have control over the look (and operation?) of our little corner of our board.

9. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    How bout that purple dinosaur on the wall of the library...

ummm...Barney!

Farmboy

umm I think I'll go with everyone else and vote for the Big D. :)

10. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    umm I think I'll go with everyone else and vote for the Big D. :)

You had me confused there for a second. :)

11. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    I thought what Cigam volunteered for was to be forum administrator once we're official and have control over the look (and operation?) of our little corner of our board.

Yeah, I think that's right. Thus, we have a seperation of City Coordinator, Fan Force Rep, and whatever Buzz is. Much like the three branches of federal government, but alot less red tape and old men in robes.

12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Yeah but it's a comfy robe....
    I am sure most of ya'll have seen many post from Minacia Brightstar proclaiming our need to name ourselves and have a City Rep.
    Since we are joining a national organisation that means there is, and I ma loathe to use this phrase but I don't have a better one, chain of command, of sorts (OK I am a recovering Trekkie!)
    National organisations LOVE to have their monthly reports. The sity rep is the one who lets them know what we are up to.
    As for the rest of us it's a free country, and we are free to express our fandomness in any way we feel like it as long as we are willing to live with the consequences.
    That is all the City Co-ordinator/Rep does.
    It is up to us as the fans to have as little or as much government we want in this thing.
    Buzz
    P.S. It might be a grungy bath robe but it's got character.

13. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    "It is up to us as the fans to have as little or as much government we want in this thing."

SeaTrooper summed it up pretty well. The main function of the City Rep is to be the liason between your FanForce group and your RSA, who then reports to the FanForce Global Support Admins. City Reps are also responsible for sending your group's event annoucements to me, as well as bringing any issues or concerns your group may have to my attention. In many cases, City Reps also function as a group's leader. But, some groups, especially those that have quite a few members, elect other officers to help out the city rep. Here are a few excerpts from the FanForce FAQ:

Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place!

City Representatives have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsible for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

I hope this information helps. As is mentioned above, your group can organized in any way you see fit. If y'all have any further questions, please let me know. :)

14. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    you know what is really important is getting a secretary.....thats the one officer we really need so we can have the meeting minutes mailed out!!

15. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Dec 10, 2001
    Actually, now that more neurons have fired, I take that back--Cigam was voted/appointed/volunteered for forum administrator AND FanForce liason; no separation of such was discussed. So it wouldn't be fair to him to have an election for a position we already gave him.

16. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    At the first meeting didn't we say that Buzz and Stef were co-chairs?
    It'll be good to get this thing hammered out as soon as possible and be on with things. One way or another we need to appoint/elect/shanghai someone to be the figurehead...er.... our leader.

17. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    I thought we did have a discussion of a seperation prior to selecting Cigam.

18. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Beats me...... screw it.... Anarchy rules.

19. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Sorry, just figured it was passed time for me to chime in here. :)

20. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Dec 10, 2001
    Okay, maybe I'm just making things more muddled, so I'm butting out! :)

21. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ook, was my secretary comment totally ignored?

22. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    It wasn't ignored. :) I for one think it's a good idea and should be addressed at the next meeting, unless Delaya still wants to download everything from her brain. ;)

It also seems to me that this particular issue of leadership and representatives and whatnot might be easier to hash out in person, real-time, at the meeting unless we need a decision on everything beforehand. But that's just IMHO.

And Ia, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Hang in there. :(

-Katie
    Thumper

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    yeah they listen to me!!!

24. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I nominated Ia-Bou for Secretary.

I second.

and I accept on her behalf!!!!

Congrats!!!

On a more somber note, my deepest condolences on your lost. I ran out of Grandparents last Christmas Eve.
    Buzz

25. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    So what's the current status of the Government of this orginization?

Heck, if all else fails, we could just have each clique (and Clique within a clique) to nominate a representitive, and have an Oligarchy or something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.