main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Cleveland "SW Galaxies" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I've heard that Galaxies is coming out in March. So that gives us a little over a month now. I just thought I would get a thread started to get to talking about it.

Who all is thinking of buying it... and if so, would you want to form a JKOC clan?

My answers: I am mixed right now... while I REALLY want to get this game, I don't want to lose what little bit of a life I have to playing it during all of my free time. The monthly membership fee is another downer. I am really going to have to weigh these options before making my final decision... but I really would like to get this game. And as for the second question, in the event that I were to get it... I would DEFINITELY want to form a JKOC clan.

Your thoughts?

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Sure, I've got a question. What is SW Galaxies?

And no comments from the peanut gallery! I don't own any game platform after SNES and I haven't bought a computer game since SimCity 1.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    As for buying the game, that's easily a "yes" answer. I'm going to get the "special edition" that comes with an exclusive action figure, among other things. As for the monthly fee, I don't really care about it. I've got like 10 credit cards, so I'll just let one of them take the monthly beatings of being billed. I can totally understand a monthly fee; a game of this magnitude, with a lot of hard work put into it,and being a Star Wars game attracting tons of fans, it's their way of being repayed. As for the "having no life" syndrome, commomly identified through that idiotic game Everquest...the developers of Galaxies have assured us gamers that they know we have lives, therefore they made the game so that you can play it in a casual fashion, or as a gamer junkie. Hopefully, anyway.

I'd love to get a clan going...but it may be hard to do that, considering the fact that there will be many different class types to choose from, and also different factions. Some of us, probably most of our group anyway, will join the Rebel faction, while others, like myself, would probably either join the Imperials, or be neutral. And let's not forget that there's like, what, 9 planets in this game? Gathering our members would be a chore...but I don't know for sure. Noone's played the game yet (other than those damn lucky beta testers!), so I can't tell for sure. If all goes well, sure, let's get a clan going. If it doesn't work out, well, expect me to at least run into (or rob, beat up, or kill) some of you ingame , hehe!

PS- GrnJalera,
    Man, you poor, poor soul. Don't get me wrong, SNES was awesome for it's time, and so was SimCity (I'd leave the game on by itself for hours on end, just to see how my city was "living" on its own...good times), but those days are over. This is going to be the PC game to rule them all...it's basically Star Wars roleplaying...online, with your own created character, which has his/her own job, place of residence, vehicles, heck, even a pet. It's as close as you'll ever get to living in the Star Wars universe. It's gonna rock!

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, if you've ever heard of EverQuest, Galaxies is a game by the same designer. It is basically EverQuest's format in the Star Wars universe.

You can be a character of one of six species. You can pick what color you want your skin, eyes, etc to be so you can truly personalize your character to be whatever you want. It takes places during the Classic Trilogy, but I'm pretty sure you can become a Jedi (despite the continuity that there are only Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Luke during this period; just so they wouldn't %50+ of their audience) but it takes a ridiculous amount of playing in order to reach Jedi status. (Some people are even projecting a year of playing to reach Jedi status) You can go to several planets too. There are all kinds of SW weapons, vehicles, wildlife, etc. Basically you are put into the SW universe. In short, it is a MMORPG, or Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game. The only drawback is that once you buy the game you have to pay a monthly fee of like $10 per month or so in order to be able to access the server. Any other questions, just lemme know.

5. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    It's only an additional month but LucasArts has the game slated for 15 April release.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/splash.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.