main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official 'Clone War' reaction thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JohnnyboyVT, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Wow, there's a lot of negativity on this board for the first time in a long time. I guess that's to be expected.

I saw a lot of stuff that made me want to see this movie even more, and I guess that's what trailers are all about. If you think you can call the CGI work done on this film poor after watching 2:31 of it all the while being bombarded by shot after shot without even being able to look at it you've got better eyes and taste than I do.

2. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm a little concerned about Hayden's delivery, but then again it's not like Luke sounded all that compelling in the OT... kinda a bland southern California type. As long as Hayden doesn't shrug off every line I think it'll be just fine. Maybe not an Oscar-winning performance, but comparable to Mark Hamill's performance as Luke.

(I hope...)

3. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    "Bad: Hayden's delivery again: "Excuse me, I'm in charge of security here, milady."

It's starting already - one of my favorite lines os on someone's BAD List.

GO figure.

4. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Hey, Patrick, good to hear you! But I must disagree about Mark Hamill. He put so much heart into his role that he was Luke Skywalker.

5. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Oh well, can't please everyone. I thought it was great, but hey...I'm biased.

6. Darth23

May 14, 1999
    "You guys do have to realize that it is not an actors fault if dialogue is flat or corny. They didn't write it. "

I thinl it's safe to say that anyoen who doesnt' like 'corny and flat' dialogue should simply give up on Star Wars now.

If your complaints abotu AOTC are the same as your complaints about TPM then I'd suggest that there's no point n hoping that things will change.

7. The__Reek

The__Reek Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    RRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

The Reek is angry.

Why didn't Lucas put the Reek in trailer??

*heads out to Skywalker Ranch to do some more trampling*

8. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh boy, now people are hoping actor's perform at the Mark Hamill level. I don't know if you guys have watched A New Hope recently , but by God does he sound whiny.

I just don't get how people forget some of these complaints could be applied even more to the original trilogy.

As for the battle scenes being too busy, well sorry guys, but it's a great Star Wars tradition to see battles with lots of things going on. If Lucas had the technology back then, I suspect the battles would be just as busy if not more as they are today.

I for one love all the little details on the back, and I'm sure when you see the actual film you will be able to follow it.

Hey, did everybody notice the little droids from TPM that pick up downed battle droids parts in the trailer, I love those ! :)

9. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    "I thinl it's safe to say that anyoen who doesnt' like 'corny and flat' dialogue should simply give up on Star Wars now."

No, they should have given up in 1977.

10. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I actually thought everyone's delivery was right on in this trailer, especially Ewan.

11. Darth23

May 14, 1999
    "No, they should have given up in 1977. "

lol

:D

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I loved how every line was delivered.

Yoda's 'Begun this Clone War has' was a great line, and delivered like a master.

I don't know how George comes up with this stuff, but it's great.

13. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    I loved the "Your clones are very impressive" line from Ewan, just his look, very subtly suspicious at Jango.

And Jango sounds great too !

Another thing I love about this trailer, I don't even freaking know who the good guys and bad guys are !!!

14. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    Here is a sampling of comments over at AICN... I just don't get these guys, they can find fault in anything... Why do they even read the stories if they have such a hate on for anything Star Wars...

I've edited the swear wors, cuz I know they are not liked here):

Still looks like a soap opera cartoon. Jar Jar fans must be drooling though?this is their kind of ****. And though I will see it at the theater, I am NOT paying for it. I'll pay for something else and sneak in to see this. I recommend others follow suit.

AOTC IS GONNA SUCK A BIG FAT ZENDA...

BAD DIALOGUE, BAD ACTING, TOO MUCH MEANINGLESS CGI - THIS IS TPM PART II
    Comment: I wasted five minutes downloading this toy and video-game commercial. That is the last time I watch any footage related to the "Star Wars" brand. This is not a movie; it is a one-dimensional TV commercial just like TPM. Bad dialogue - Check: 'milady'; 'we're guardians of the peace - we're not soldiers"; 'Begun, this clone war has' ?????!!!!!!... Bad acting? - Check (worst offenders: Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christianson - poor, poor delivery, guys) Meaningless laser beams all over the place? Check, check. Utterly meaningless and boring CGI everywhere you look? Check, check and double-check. This is the exact same as TPM but with 40% NEW FOOTAGE!!! MORE lightsabers! More aliens! MORE spaceships! MORE laserbeams! MORE explosions! Oh, beautiful EXPLOSIONS! MORE CGI! and EVEN MORE CGI! And MORE again!...... And there are enough morons to pay to see the same movie twice. Not me though

The frame is too full of action and it's overwhelming? What are you people? A bunch of ***** pussies? You're probably the same people who really liked all the quick-cutting non-action sequences in gladiator. And you can tell it was done by a computer? No **** How the **** would you go about filming a large scale battle between aliens and robots and clonetroopers? with a lot of puppeteering and close-ups? eh, **** off.

EVEN the ANIME "metropolis" has a better vision of the future..

IT LOOKS LIKE ONE BIG VIDEOGAME - AOTC IS NOT A MOVIE Join me in boycotting this piece of trash. We musn't give our money this kind of insulting rubbish.

you are all just setting yourselves up to be suckered again into giving Lucas your $9. I saw the trailer and it looks NO BETTER than the phantom menace. The acting was all wooden, the directing was generic aside from the tons of cgi which didnt even look very good. What the hell was that blue guy with the spikes? he looked cheesy. The humor seemed to lack just as much as the last movie. "I hate when he does that"; i dont think mccgreggor could have delivered that line any worse. No comic timing. Lucas was a hack when he made TPM and its now obvious that hes still a hack. A great marketer? yes! a good writer? no! a good director? **** NO!! But of coarse all of you are gonna go donate your money to the guy and then be extremely dissapointed with the film. But lucas need not worry, you'll ignore how bad AOTC is once they air the trailer for episode three and you'll just be georgies bitch once again. Take my advice, boycott the **** movie and maybe Lucas will hand off writting/directing duties to someone who has imagination and talent in filmaking instead of just being good at workin with effects and selling dolls and filming n'sync cameos.

15. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm sorry, but why do you have to post comments from another board here ? C'mon, like we don't have enough negativity here.

If you want people to read the inane rantings at AICN, just provide a link to that forum, don't repost it here. What's next, you're goint to repost usenet postings ?

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I missed Duel of the Fates as well. I know it had already been used in two trailers, but I think it would have fit well. The music from mid-way on just didn't seem to work. I realize, of course, that it's a moot point so far as the movie is concerned, but just a thought about the trailer.

17. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    I just wanted to show a smattering of the insanity over there - this isn't even 5% of the posts...

I don't think it's going to kill anybody to read the small amount of posts I've pasted here...

18. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Wow... and people hereabouts call ME a friggin' "basher"!

This is why I haven't been to AICN in ages though... talk about people who just live to rip on movies! These people seem to flat-out ENJOY hating Star Wars flicks. Even in my worst moments I'm still profoundly bummed that I didn't like TPM better than I did.

I'm STILL going ape-sh** over the new trailer! Yes, it's got a lot of CGI in it... but it seems to have a pretty damned good story to it too, and that will balance out the visuals nicely if the story is compelling.

All I can say to the AICN crowd is "What are you hollering?"

19. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    It's not going to kill anyone but what the point ? We all know that place is full of the worst imaginable posts. And it's not like we can answer them here.

Just doesn't make much sense to post messages from another board here. That's all.

20. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    You're right augusto.

I think it's safe to say that the clonetroopers are fighting the droids. But the Jedi? I guess they're with the Republic, which is who the clones are fighting for.....so the Jedi are fighting with the clones and against the droids, which is consistent with the last shot of droids closing in on a group of Jedi.

21. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    What we know:

Palpatine has created the clones to fight against the seperatists.

Dukoo wants Obi-Wan to join him against Palpatine

My conjecture:

In Episode III, the Jedi will take the side of the seperatists, and fight he clones, and be wiped out.

22. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    DarthMouth, Eagle;

Yes, Palpatine has a Republic Clone army, but made out of whom ? We know Obi-Wan says the separatists have clones made out of Jango Fett, so where the heck did all these Republic clones come from ?

That's what I liked about this trailer, before I was looking forward to the movie, but it was ah ok, star wars, action, love story. Now the story is even more complex, and I don't have a good idea where it's going !

And this from a prequel, where we know the ultimate ending (ROTJ) and where we know the main character will turn evil (Anakin). Yet, even if we know these things, there are a lot of surprises and imaginative plot twists along the way !

I can't wait to see this !!!!!!!!

23. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Well I finally got a good look at the trailer, and it is beautiful. The clonetroopers look outstanding, and the action at the end looked amazing. I cannot wait for this magnificent film to be released.

24. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    "Yes, Palpatine has a Republic Clone army, but made out of whom ? We know Obi-Wan says the separatists have clones made out of Jango Fett, so where the heck did all these Republic clones come from?"

I'm thinking that it's a matter of Palpatine playing both sides of the coin again. Think about it... Palpatine declares that he intends to build a Republic army in order to fight the separatists, and right away he's got legions of troops, troopships, gunships, even what look like proto-Stardestroyers. Unless AOTC takes place over months or years (doubtful) then this would mean that he ALREADY had an army ready to go when he made his declaration before the Senate.

Mind you, I'm just using logic on what we've seen in the trailers, so I may be way off base.

25. baggles

baggles Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Binary :

One day, you need to explain how TPM's trailer promised or hinted at, the clone wars.

Gungans vs Droids.. Podracers. CGI creatures like Selbulba.. How did you get dupped into thinking that??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.