The Official 'Clone War' reaction thread.

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JohnnyboyVT, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally got to watch the trailer a couple more times and it gets better all the time. The CG is great. I don't see why you complain about it because models would just look plain terrible. The war does look pretty confusing. I don't think the clonetroopers are really on the Jedi side. I think they are kinda fighting everybody. Man it looks like the Jedi are getting decimated too. I can't wait for the movie to come out.
  2. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Patrick;

Correct, I'm just hoping one of the Jedi will go like, hey, huh, were did you get all these ships/troops ? :)

It'd be interesting if the movie took place in the space of months, that'd be a Star Wars first right ? Now that I think of it, most of the other films I didn't have good feel for how much time passed by. Seems like it was only a couple of days.

How long did luke train with Yoda ?
  3. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Niktos;

> I think they are kinda fighting everybody. Man it looks like the Jedi are getting decimated too. I can't wait for the movie to come out.

I don't know about that, it's not a spoiler, but if you take a close look at the scene with the gunships you can see Kit Fisto , Ki-Adi (one of my favorites!) and Mace inside the craft, which is driven by those clone troopers.

Hey, if we are all confused about this it means we weren't spoiled by the trailer. :)
  4. Patrick Russell Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm definitely not spoiled by the trailer. In fact, I think it was incredibly well put together in that it's got my appetite whet without giving away major plot twists the way the TPM trailer did. If anything, it's got me curious as to who is fighting on whose side... Obi Wan reports to the Council via hologram that "they" are using the bounty hunter to create a clone army (!) as if the clones are a threat. But the Clonetroopers are apparently fighting FOR the Republic.

Okay, now THAT poses a great question there, and it's all in how the trailer was set up.
  5. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Hum, I sense the presence of some spoiled fans ...
  8. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Your insight serves you well.

But don't worry. We won't say a word. :)
  9. Patrick Russell Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just guessing based on the trailers.

I will gladly zip it, however, if I'm making connections which make anyone uncomfortable. Just let me know, eh? ;)
  10. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will not confirm, nor deny, anything.

I'm just here to enjoy watching you all speculate, whether right or wrong.

:)
  11. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for not spoiling anything Twink ! :)

I'll say it again, I love it when a prequel can still surprise and provide so much speculation, that's a good sign in my book.
  12. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
    yea, no intentions of leading you guys anywhere...

Its just cool seeing you guys dig into the very interesting plot, IMO, that GL has set himself up with for Ep 2.

Oh the memories...
  13. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Or, as the Quintessons would say in Transformers, "Don't mind us. We just like to watch." [face_devil]
  14. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We know Obi-Wan says the separatists have clones made out of Jango Fett, so where the heck did all these Republic clones come from ?

Actually, he just said 'They' are making an army of clones.

Imagine this situation:

Remember that the Madelorians were Jedi killers? Well, Jango Fett wears Madelorian armor. Maybe Palpatine has found a good strain of Jedi-killing DNA that he's exploiting.

Next, Obi-Wan travells to Komino to discover something, I don't really know. Then, he's attacked by Jango Fett. Notice something. Obi-Wan isn't wet when he's attacked by Jango in the hologram, and ignited his saber. THERE ARE TWO HOLO SEQUENCES!

Obi-Wan is just checking in, and then sees someone shoot at him. He goes, 'Wait!' and ignited his saber. Him and Jango fight. Then, after the fight (Jango flies away?), Obi-Wan reports back in again. His message (he is now wet, and shivering, as he is seen in the 'first' holo message:

'They (the Republic) are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army. Jango Fett just attacked me. I think that the clone army is not everything it seems! Palpatine may not be on our ally!'

This is what I believe happens.

Agree, disagree?
  15. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Eagle;

Great speculation.

However, why would Obi-Wan be surprised at a Republic made clone army, we see Palpatine declaring his making a grand army in the Senate. In addition, we see the clonetroopers fighting agains the droids, and transporting the Jedi.

And how could anybody be surprised about Republic clones, did they think all those troopers came out of mid-air ? There's something really weird going on here ... of course Palpy must eb behind it but it's hard to see how it all plays out.

I do think the hologram sequence edit was more clever than people give it credit for.
  16. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    The whole Clones vs. Droids vs. Jedi is very interesting.

Here's the thing:

We KNOW Palpatine/Sidious was in cohoots with the Trade Federation (who make the droids) in TPM. Now he wants to build an army to FIGHT the droids. Interesting stuff.

It's clear that Palpatine MUST be in cohoots with Jango Fett, since HE is the one who made the clones. (Obi-Wan: "Your clones are very impressive"). The question then becomes where does Dooku fall into all of this? Also, if the Jedi are fighting FOR the Republic and the Clones are created by the Republic, why is it that Jango, who is involved in making the clones, is fighting the Jedi? Or at least Obi-Wan?

Oh well, it'll all make sense on May 16.
  17. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    However, why would Obi-Wan be surprised at a Republic made clone army

I was confused about that too.

But if you read what I wrote carefully, I think Obi-Wan's line is cut short. He's not suprised that they are clones, it's that they are clones of a guy that just attacked him!

What he said in the trailer was just a set-up for the big announcement he was about to give, but they cut it out of the trailer.
  18. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I think the question isn't sdo much who the clones are being made for, but rather Jango Fett's alliegences...he's allowing himself to be used as a template for a republic army it seems, so why is he attacking Obi-Wan (both on the ground and in those asteriod shots) and (apparently, from the trailer) Mace Windu?

I think it looks like the Clones are fighting with the Jedi against the droids- you can see some of the Jedi aboard one of those gun/dropships and in a later shot you can see the gun/dropship weapon pods are being manned by clonetroopers.

And whoever mentioned it looking like two battles, one in the arena and one outside it, is probably right...that establishing shot of the arena early on in the trailer makes it look like it definately isn't large enough to house all those walkers and stuff.

Anyone else notice the Royal Guards in the background of Palpatine's office?

Also, to those asking where you see Trade Federation ships- look at the scene where that ship with the sail opens it's sail up, the big ship behind it is a Federation Battleship.

And BTW, someone mentioned a couple pages back that they get choppy performance out of quicktime files. Usually older machines have some framerate loss on the high-rez quicktime files, try downloading one of the low-rez or medium-rez versions, you'll probably get better performance out of one of those played at double size or full screen size than a hi rez file played at normal size.

Another solution is to view the hi-rez files at half-size or smaller, but the screen size usually ends up being smaller than the medium-rez screen sizes.
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Also wanted to add-

Dooku is intriguing me now, because, based on the trailer, he either truely wants to destroy Palpatine, or was trying to lure Obi-Wan into doing what he wanted or to the darkside.

If it's the former, I wonder if Dooku is trying to destroy the Sith/dark side from the inside? That was one theme that Lucas had provided to some of the EU authors once upon a time and was utilized in Dark Empire and Tales of the Jedi..could Lucas be reapproaching that theme in Episode 2 (and maybe Episode 3 if Dooku survives AOTC)? Most interesting indeed, that would be a great plot thread...might even give a hint as to another possible factor to Anakin's fall...since we know his fall is supposed to be the result of just bad decisions mainly.
  20. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, as far as Droids vs. Jedi/Clones, that all makes sense because of TPM. The Trade Federation is part of the separists anyway, and they're led by Count Dooku (which makes sense, if you've seen the Jedi Starfighter trailer.)

I'm just confused on Jango Fett's allegiances and Dooku's line "Join me..!"

About the army, they could have just bought all the stuff anyway. Perhaps the clones were already in existence before AOTC starts, and the Republic just takes them.
  21. Silent_Assassin Jedi Padawan

Hey guys, first time on the board, and I've got a couple of questions for you all.

But first my reaction to the 'mess' that Mr. Lucas has unleashed with the most recent trailer.

It's a pleasant mess though because you don't know who's on what side, which makes things fun.

Dooku, the Clonetroopers, and Fett I think are a gray element, neither pure evil, nor good, sorta in-between. Sort of like they've got good intentions but they take evil actions to support good intentions. I don't think Dooku is at all on Palpatine's side. And the Clonetroopers are pawns. Fett is a hired gun, so he goes either way. It's something that I don't think we've seen developed extensively in the SW Movie Universe yet, so it should be interesting.

Agree, Disagree?

Also, I was wondering... the EU talks about Jedi Masters being cloned, and so far we only see Clonetroopers. Is this going to happen or did George incinerate that little tidbit of EU lore along with Boba Fett's beginnings?

And finally, are the Clone Wars going to end in this movie, or continue on through Ep.III?
  22. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd also like to know what the hell that Ship with the sails is?

Yea, I think it is two battles going on as well. The arena is where I think the jedi eventually go and fight more droids and that creature that slashes Padme.

While all the gunships and other new vehicles we see are fighting outside the arena on the planet.

Also what is that place where Anakin and Padme are in? I'm talking about the scene where Padme almost falls off the ledge and Anakin does that leaping backflip, and where R2 is flying, and Padme is ducking under that machinery. What is that place? Is it the fortress of those flying things or something?

I still think the Clonetroopers are kinda fighting both the droids and the jedi. I think they are with the jedi at first but maybe later on turn on the jedi and it is a 3 way battle. Personally I think that would be awesome too.

Jango I think is probably with Dooku who is a rogue. He wants to overthrow Palpatine because he sees through Palpatine, but his plans are to rule instead and his views aren't entirely good either.

It is all speculation though. Man I love speculating about the trailer and it seems most of us do.
  23. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the Dooku vs Palpatine theory, of course, they could also be partners and it's another ploy by Palpy !

Can't wait to find out though !
  24. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    `I'd also like to know what the hell that Ship with the sails is?'

Based on a real scientific theory. Involves solar winds/flares, I think.
  25. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Info about Solar Sailing from NASA;

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2000/ast28jun_1m.htm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.