main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official 'Clone War' reaction thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JohnnyboyVT, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Well, it looks like trailer D is getting rave reviews, some calling it the best trailer ever made!! [face_shocked] I hope I'm going to be able to withstand the temptation! One thing the reviewer from the european sumit said about it showing a lot kinda scared me into avoiding it. What do you think, safe or no? Guess we'll just have to wait until March 10th to know. I found it intresting that abunch of business men gave it a standing ovation... BOTH TIMES!! [face_shocked]

2. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    That's amazing news there paranoid. "Best trailer ever" That high praise made my heart jump :D

I'm also debating whether to see it. If the trailer is that good, that means it must be showing A LOT. So that may mean I should wait until May 16, or shouldn't I?

Ah, the pressure! [face_shocked]

3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I am completely spoiled, i.e., I know most of what's in the movie. Given what little I know about the trailer, I'd suggest that non-spoiled people AVOID IT. There are quite a few things that spoiler-heads like me just take for granted, but might be huge spoilers for others.

*** YOU'VE BEEN WARNED ***

4. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    DHutt, I hear your warning but I'm gonna watch it anyways. If most of the public is going to see it why can't a hard-core SW fan, like me, see it? It's insane not to.

And for the record the final Phantom Menace trailer did not contain a spoiler. The "no" that Obi-wan screams in it could have been anything and certainly did not obviously piont to Qui-gon's death. It could have been anyone dieing, Mace Windu, Qui-gon, heck even Jar-jar. It was definatley not obvious that the scream was meant for Qui-gon. If you did figure it out than that was your fault for knowing to much as it is. A normal fan would not have put those 2 together unless they knew more info.

Anyways bring trailer D, I'm ready. :D

5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Xero, I don't blame you for wanting to see the trailer. I guess it depends on how 'unspoiled' you want to be, and how much you already know.

But, there is no doubt in my mind that the trailer will spoil SOME things for people.

6. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Here's my word of advice. If you are really a hard-core spoiler free member yet still want to see the trailer, go for it. I just wouldn't watch it more than two or three times. Lately the SW trailers have been pieced together with such a fast pace that you miss most of what is going on. If you watch it only a handful of time, you'll get the general jist of it, without having the time to over-analyze portions.

It is a win-win situation. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

7. Darth_Xero

Nov 13, 2001
    While watching trailer D don't think of it as a spoiler, think of it more as a preview and you'll be fine. ;) :) Trailers or previews are like "appetizers" and the actual film is the "main course" filled with spoilers galore! :D

8. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I am definately going to have to see the trailer now! :eek: I will just have to restrain myself from downloading it and watching the thing frame-by-frame. :)

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    YES!!!!

AOTC Trailer D Premieres MARCH 10, on FOX before "The X-files", and After "Malcolm in the Middle"!!!

10. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    there is a couple pretty big spoilers that will be in the trailer. they are jedi related. its up to you if you wanna risk it.

11. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Here is a question for you? What are the odds that you will come across the "spoilers"? If it is fairly likely, I would throw caution to the wind and have a countdown party ;)

--Joey

12. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    It's official:

"Shown in its entirety the full trailer, titled "Clone War," will air between original episodes of "Malcom in the Middle" (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and "The X-Files" (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The trailer will make its big screen debut with Ice Age beginning Friday, March 15."

13. Darth_Xero

Nov 13, 2001
    "Breathing" "Mystery" "Forbidden Love" and now "CLONE WAR"! I LIKE IT! :D

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Me too!!! I hope this trailer ROCKS!!! :D And I hope it does not give anything away like the TPM full trailer gave away Qui-Gon's death. :mad:

15. Tessek's BodyGuard

Tessek's BodyGuard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    When the next trailer comes out on the net here is a little system of saving it to your hard-drive if LFL won't let us, this works with all of the making of videos anyway, but you need Quicktime Pro I believe.

Once the movie has completely downloaded, go to your temp internet files folder, copy the trailer mov into a temp folder. Now open Quicktime Pro and import a small "picture" to create a 1 frame movie. Now drag & drop the Trailer mov onto the "picture" movie. Go to the "delete tracks" and delete the "Usher" or "Sprite" and the "Video Track 1". Go to "Enable Tracks" and enable "Video 1" and "Sound 1".
    Move the time slider back to the start and save the file as a self contained movie.

Hope that helps someone.

16. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    unfortunetly I'll have to see it when Ice Age comes out. Where I live, the T.V shows are about a week or two late but strangely the movies aren't. Which I think is a plus considering we're the first ones to get the movies from the mainland. In other words, we'll have seen AOTC before anyone in America(i mean the general public) :D

17. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Tessek's BodyGuard, do you know if that works with WinXP? It doesn't seem to.

18. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I got Tessek's BodyGuard's tip to work fine on XP. I've got good copies of A Jigsaw Puzzle and Good To G.O. sitting on my hard drive now. You need to have upgraded to Quicktime Pro though - I don't think it works with the unregistered version.

19. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I'll probably cave in and watch it, but I really don't want to...
    I've been accidentally spoiled A LOT in the past few months (pretty much a downward spiral since "Breathing" came out), but one of the biggest elements that hasn't been spoiled for me yet is the main storyline, involving Palpatine, the clones, the political seperatists, etc.
    Obviously, the new trailer will focus on this storyline. Since I'm aware of a few spoilers, I'm afraid that I might piece some things together in my mind.

I might just watch it muted, but then it would really take away the effect...

20. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `but one of the biggest elements that hasn't been spoiled for me yet is the main storyline, involving Palpatine, the clones, the political seperatists'

There are political seperatists? :eek:

You, you, you... ;)

21. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I'll watch the trailer, but I certainly won't come here to discuss it. Too many things that could be revealed.

22. Tessek's BodyGuard

Tessek's BodyGuard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    I have got Quicktime Pro 5.02 and XP. It all works fine. I don't think that XP should make a difference but I think you just need to have Pro 5.02.

Unless of course SW.com digitally encrypt the trailer like "Mystery", which they probably won't, everything will be fine. If they do we will have to Hex edit the trailer again.

23. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I went back and watched the Theatrical Trailer for TPM just to try to get an idea of how much it gave away.

I came to the conclusion that, as Mace Windy said, it flies by if you just watch it once. However, if you analyze it continuously you'll be able to figure out almost all of what happens.

Example: Obi-Wan screaming "NOOOO!". It happens at the end of the trailer so by then you're so overwhelmed that you think nothing of it. But when you go back you see that he's behind some kind of red force field which likely means he's being forced to watch somebody get killed. And from there it's not hard to figure things out.

That's just one example but there are more of them. So listen to Mace Windy if you're worried.

24. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    I'm spoiler free, but I like watching the trailers. considering I don't know what context the scenes are. where they are, why it's happening. That's what pisses me off. I read a "non-spoiler" review of the trailers. Yet they say... obi-wan on this planet talking to so and so. well, until then I didn't know names. see what I'm getting at. I wish they'd just say things like Anakin lightsabering some mutha, and Mace talkin some jive to someone. some spoiler free review...

25. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Don't worry about the availability of this new trailer. Due to it's popularity, it will be available for download on plenty of mirror sites (and savable) unlike StarWars.com new unfair policy. All of the past trailers have had about 6 or 7 mirror sites to download from. You may not even have to get it through Morpheus or Kazaa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.