main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "Clone War" trailer discussion thread - Literature Fans Edition

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    It's out. I won't be seeing it until Pacific Time, but it aired minutes ago on the East Coast.

Post your thoughts here on the "Clone War" trailer, as well as your thoughts on how Attack of the Clones may affect the EU with anything you see in it.

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Clever Sturm! Clever, clever, clever!

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Sturm isn't there already a thread on the EU and PT? As for discusisng the trailer, thats why we have NSA and PSA. Remember people you're members of the entire forum not just one our two boards.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Give me exactly 2 hours and 41 minutes and I'll see it. Add a few more minutes for an underwear change and an exhilirating "WHOO!"

5. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    It was very cool.

6. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Because the spoiler fourm is a freaking madhouse at this time.

"Simma dan na!"

7. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Thats hardly the point.
    There is no real reason why a discussion of the tralier should be allowed in the forum, I cna think of no way it by itself could be said to violate the EU.

8. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Farraday, if you feel this must be closed, do so at your discretion. But as fans of the EU, it's nice for us to talk of the trailer specificaly. Threads on Trailers A, B and C were handled quite well here, and it stopped others from constantly making threads on it, by seeing just one "Official" one.

We're kind of a family here. Most of us don't venture to the Prequel forums.

It's also a discussion of how specific things seen or heard in the trailer will affect previous or upcoming stories.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    PSA is a madhouse right now. It would be nice to have our own calm little discussion.

10. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    you're on shakey ground ehre but I'll let DL or Gath decide to tyr and knock you off it, just make sure no other threads open.

11. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    Yeah, I agree with Bib.

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Not DL, he'll close this just like my thread on the confirmation of Geonosis and Kamino in an EU product! :_| :D

Yes, nice, calm discussion, as Bib says.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I have what maybe a minor spoiler..

In the part of the trailer where it shows Palpatines clone-army there are several Star Destroyer type ships in the background. Now I don't know what the movie will call them but they were very similar in appearance to the EU own.....VSD!!!!!! If they were VSD maybe George does take the EU into consideration. (Excuse my comment if GL was the first to use the term Victory-class destroyer.)

14. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    does anyone have any idea when the trailor will end up on the web?

also, how coherent is the trailor, does it show some scenes, or is it just random flashes of dialogue and action?

15. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    You're right. They're in fact related to VSDs. They're called Acclamator-class Republic Assault Cruisers.

I saw some smuggled screencaps last night. Just seeing a tiny, hazy image of those massive ships floating in the red skies of Geonosis made me shiver in anticipation.

16. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    The trailer is alreayd viewable at the OS.

17. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    thanks so much

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I avoided reading the whole shot-by-shot description, so all I knew about was the multi-colored sabers and Bibble's silly line.

Wow! Great trailer! Odd choice of music though..where is that from? I think that was on the Best of John Williams 2-CD set but I can't recall off the top of my head which track. I personally would have made a different choice in musical selection, but hey, maybe it will grow on me...

Anyways, here's an observation...

We all know how there are one or two hints of themes in the EU that Lucas provided that he's ended up using in the PT...now, I haven't eaten up very spoiler so i could be off about this sorta thing, but based on Dooku's line to Obi-Wan in the trailer, is it possible we are seeing hints of the "destroying the darkside from within" theme first utilized in TOTJ and DE? Dooku may have felt this to be the best way to stop the Sith, but has ended up being corrupted by it. Interesting...

19. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Thank you Farraday.

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Remember, Spoilers are only allowed in PSA.... atleast put a label in the thread title if you're going to be discussing them or long spoilers spaces before and after.

21. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Small spoilers for trailer and er.... the EU.

So... Sticking to EU, where would the assult gun boat type ships be in the EU? They seem highly effective in battle, and those huge ships do look like VSDs. I wonder where they all went, and how long they took to build.

22. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    It is OK with me to have a thread in this forum discussing the latest trailer, "Clone War", in relation to the Expanded Universe as I do believe that there is a place for it here, and yes I agree, PSA is a MADHOUSE! at the moment! :)

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Hmm, I can't seem to find the trailer on TOS anymore. Oh well. Just another 2 hous and change to go anyway.

24. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    look on the news section

25. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.