main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "Clone War" trailer discussion thread - Literature Fans Edition

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I just saw a Quick time screen cap. No yellow. All of the sabers look green, blue or Purple. It did look like more than one of them had Purple though. It could have just been blue.. that was kind of hard to tell with a couple of them.

Can we post screen caps yet? someone found one that shows it pretty good. I saw it posted somewhere else but I am not sure if that is ok yet.

2. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I have mixed feelings about the trailer. Don't get me wrong, it got me very excited to see the movie, but it was almost too much CGI for me, but then again, most of the triler was action, so maybe it was just seeing it all at once. Also, the acting didn't impress me at all. Only Dooku's lines managed to stir any emotion in me. Obi-Wan and Anakin came across rather flat. I guess I will just have to wait 2 more minths to be proven wrong.

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    The spider looking walkers... AT-PT?

I have no idea.

4. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Since Saber colors seems to be the big EU related debate so far with this new movie I will toss it up. If it is a problem You or Mr. Gatherer can just delete this post. The only one I am not sure of is the guy at apox. 10 o'clock. He may be holding 2 sabers and the one near the ground looks like it may be yellow??

[image=http://www.operationsombrero.com/headlines/2002/mar/episode2/trailer/94.jpg]

5. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    All but one Jedi = blue/green. Mace Windu = purple. Blue over yellowish orange background can look purple. Another thing, the blaster fire from the clonetroopers were confirmed blue a few months ago (I think), but in the trailer they appear purple.

Either way, no loss or victory for EU.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Um, I count 4 or 5 different purple lightsabers in the shot posted just above you.

7. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I can see where the TF.N gods got the Pink in the description. Mace's saber looks kind of pink in that picture. I assume that is mace running towards the bottom of the picture. I do think the presence of something other than green and blue is a minor victory. Just the fact there "Can" be other colors is enough to cover all the EU Saber Colors to me.

BFT. I think those are blue but it is hard to tell with the orange ground. The guy at 1 o'clock sure looks purple though.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The one at 3 o'clock looks pink to me.

9. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Jaded -- Yes, "Mystery" is also awesome, if being a bit short. That was originally my favorite, until "Forbidden Love", and now "Clone War" is a little better than that. I actually don't have a DVD-ROM ( or even TPM DVD ) but it was floating around on Morpheus in December. :D

Although there ARE going to be more than one Clone Wars, right...i mean, Leia in the hologram in ANH says "...years ago you served my father in the Clone WarS."

Right. The Clone Wars will last 2 years, and end sometime during Episode III.

Re : Lightsaber colors. From what I can tell by pausing on my TV, it looks like green, blue and purple. But not just Mace's purple...a few Jedi have it. The detailed screencaps will confirm.

Don't get me wrong, it got me very excited to see the movie, but it was almost too much CGI for me, but then again, most of the triler was action, so maybe it was just seeing it all at once.

Just as much CGI as TPM or FotR, in my opinion. The effects are needed for the story. The OT had effects, but they weren't as good. I'm already kinda getting tired of this aspect of fandom not liking the movies because of this.

This doesn't mean every shot will look great ( the Gungan / battle droid battle in TPM looked like Toy Story in some parts ( for me ), with a very "synthetic" feel ) but it's something to get used to, because physical models probably won't be used at all within 20 years.

Also, the acting didn't impress me at all. Only Dooku's lines managed to stir any emotion in me. Obi-Wan and Anakin came across rather flat. I guess I will just have to wait 2 more minths to be proven wrong.

I wouldn't expect to find any Shakespearan dialogue styles in what is essentially an action trailer, let alone a Star Wars movie...a series that has had cheesy dialogue since the beginning. Was it the acting or the dialogue you didn't like? There's a difference. I really don't care...the cheeseball aspect of Lucas' scripts doesn't negate the innate "fun-ness" of the story for me.

'Sides, if you want the dialogue to at least look good, go read a Galaxy of Fear or Trioculus book, and then watch the movie. Then things will be balanced out for you. :)

The spider looking walkers... AT-PT?

I have no idea.

I wish. It's actually AT-TE's I believe. A new model of walker.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    A new model of walker

Don't you mean an "old" model of walker? ;)

11. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    It is really hard to tell with that guy. His saber seems to be pointed away from the screen so you really don't get a good look at it. Going Clockwise the next 2 I really think are blue. If I had to bet I would bet on Purple for the guy at 3. The Jedi running with the saber at the bottom actually May not be Mace. After looking at that picture repeatedly. (yes I am a saber junky, Can you tell ;) ) It looks like that Jedi has a dark brown Tunic. The saber is obviously Purple but the Tunic looks too dark to be Mace. So that would be one Example of A Jedi Other than Mace with a Purple Saber. Mace may be the Jedi at 1 O'clock with the purplish saber.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It looks like Anakin is at the 9 o'clock position. The tunic looks about right, and he's holding both a blue and green saber. :D

EDIT: Never mind, I watched that scene again, and it was just another Jedi holding a blue saber who was eclipsed by the other guy.

Hehe, in that Mace pic below, you can see Jango on the extreme left.

13. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    There is no doubt Mace has a purple saber.

[image=http://www.operationsombrero.com/headlines/2002/mar/episode2/trailer/78.jpg]

Again.. Please delete if these pictures are not ok.

Edit: At 6 or 7 there is one person holding a blaster in white. That has to Padme. to the left of her is a Jedi with a green saber with Anakins color tunic. My bet is that is him.. We did see him with a green saber in another trailer.

14. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I can't believe these parts of the trailer haven't been mentioned yet, maybe you all were just so blown away you missed them.

Anakin jumping out of the speeder on coruscant and "flying" down.

Yoda levitating down a corridor with Mace and Obi-wan discussing how Anakins powers have made him arrogant.

Dooku's "sail" ship.

R2D2 flying on some kind of "jets".

And on a side note, before the end of it, if you advance slowly in quicktime there's a shot of a battle sequence (not the circle of jedi at the very end) where you see atleast 3 purple sabers.

Overall best trailer yet, IMO.

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I think yoda is on some kind of repulsor sled, it looks like he's sitting on something.

16. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    "I think yoda is on some kind of repulsor sled, it looks like he's sitting on something."

Yes, I do remember seeing a picture somewhere that Yoda sits on some kind of repulsor chair.

Inspired by Super Bombard Racing, maybe ;) :p

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I thought that was pretty cool when Anakin Just jumped out of the speeder. There was so much in that trailer I thought was just awesome. I was just keeping my comments to the Saber colors because A. I am a saber Junky and B. It is the one EU related thing the trailer gives us a lot of information about.

I agree. I think Yoda was on a flying chair of some kind.

18. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I can't really tell... I have it paused as we speak and it almost looks like it could be a disc but I can't tell.

19. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    The walkers could be the MT-AT's predecessors.

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I wanted to have a cigarette after seeing it...and I don't smoke

21. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I know what you mean. My wife laughed at me. She said she had never seen anyone cheer at a commercial before. :D

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, before we thought the progression was AT-PT>AT-ST>AT-AT>MT-AT

I'm thinking there are now two different lines of progression- 2 legged and 4+ legged.

AT-PT> AT-ST
    New Walker (AT-TE?)>AT-AT > MT-AT

23. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Did Nkllon get the idea for their sailship technology from whomever manufactured Dooku's?

Did Lucas get the idea for having the sailship in his movies from Nkllon?

Will we ever find out?

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "The walkers could be the MT-AT's predecessors."

I think you mean AT-AT.

25. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    Nkkylon had shieldships not sailships. The shieldship was umbrella shaped with drives mounted at the end of the "handle". The "parasol" of the umbrella was a rigid metal heat shield (cooled from pipes underneath) about a half-kilometer in diameter.

NASA has been researching solar sailers for years, it's not a new concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.