main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA - -* * * The Official Comic-Con Thread* * * - -

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Keiran_Horn, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Heh, you must have been really eager to post that.

Also, I just put this together because my brain is working rather slowly at the moment, but since it seems that the day to be at Comic-Con has changed from Saturday to Friday, Matt can come down now without fearing the wraith of his lady friend.

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    We are quickly approaching the convention. I need to know if you will have flyers made up for VCFF to place at the table. Also who will be bringing them? I want to make sure we have space set aside for your flyers.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Did we ever confirm that the "friend" is a lady? ?[face_plain]

4. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    /me hands YJ some gauze and bandages.

You'll need it. ;)

5. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I realized that about 3 seconds after I posted it.

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Fliers will be made.

Keiran, I will get them to you, somehow!

What did we decide? 15 or so in color, maybe 60-100 black and white, with one laminated copy to front the whole thing?

I'm still trying to come down; looks like if I do a one day, it will be Friday, then!

7. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, that sounds good GB.

Hope you can come down!

EDIT: If you can GB, just give them to me at the next meeting. :)

8. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    (something for those LOTR fans out there)

ComicCon 2003, July 17-20, is swiftly approaching! The day 1 schedule is now online, with days 2-4 to be posted shortly. Your friends at TheOneRing.net will not only have a booth, but will also present a panel discussion on all-things Tolkien.

4:30-5:30 TheOneRing.net: Lord of the Rings- TheOneRing®.net-Earth's largest Tolkien website-presents a panel of "Tolkien experts" to answer all your burning questions. Topics will range from The Professor himself, The Lord of the Rings and other works both in and out of Middle-earth to Tolkien fandom over the decades and how LotR/JRRT is affecting life today on the Internet, in cultures across the globe, and of course, in the movies. Presenters will include four TORn staff, including Quickbeam and Ostadan, two contributing authors of The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien. If you miss the panel but want to get some TORn this weekend, visit their booth in the Exhibit Hall. Room 6A.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    If any of you are in town Wednesday, we would like to invite you to the Fanforce dinner on Wednesday July 16th after preview night. If you can come, please RSVP on this thread:

RSVP for Fanforce Dinner

The dinner is from 9:00pm - 10:45 pm at the Greek Island's Cafe Restaurant in Seaport Village (Walking distance from Convention center - Parking is free at that time of night). My Co-City Rep is the head Chef there and is giving us a discount. Complete meals will cost between $7-$10. Jeff Parks from Parksabers.com will be in attendance at the dinner as well. People from several fanforce chapters are expected to be in attendance - San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Phoenix, Seattle and hopefully you guys). Guests/family members are of course welcome. Dress is casual or costume... whatever you feel comfortable in.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    New developments:

Since ComicCon is next week, and not 3 days ago as I originally thought, I may more than likely be able to go.

However, I may or may not have 2 other people that are interested in coming. I'll know about this within the next 24 hours.

If they do come, we'll probably all chip in for another room, and Matt and Keiran are more than welcome to join if they wish, if they go.

If they don't go, I'll still be with you ( :) ).

Futher bulletins as news warrants.

11. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Forget your friends. Room with us. ;)

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    LOL

OK, bad news. Well sort of.

My dad is coming down to visit this week (good), but he is coming for Wed-Fri, so there's no way for me to make it down for the SW focused day.

You guys rep us well!

I will do the fliers tomorrow or Tuesday.

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    WE get to be the reps? [face_devil]

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Pop in Saturday GB!

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I've got a family birthday event to attend.

And yes, you guys ARE the VCFF at this event!

16. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Heheheheheh. Reps... [face_devil]

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    "Oh....dear....." [/C3PO]

18. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Keiran, I'm working right now on finding out if it's even plausible for them to come next week, and if not, then you're it! :)

Edit: A few costs questions: 1) It costs $55 to get into Comicon itself? 2) $155 a night per person?! What if just one of us goes in the lobby and gets it... :D 3) How much does it cost to take the train down there?

19. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    $60 a person for the CON. $26.10 per person for the AMTRAK. $155 + tax per night for the hotel, based on double occupancy.

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Good stinkin' Lord, I don't even know if I can go now.

21. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Guess what! I get to work at the Star Wars Insider booth at comic con! Wooo! That means I get a vendor pass! Hooray! Now just the matter of getting enough money to pay for the hotel. I hope I don't have to sleep in my car for 3 nights.

22. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Room with me and only pay half!

That should be my slogan...

23. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, it's $60 for four days. If you only go for 2 it is $50. Plus, room with Matt and I and only pay a third of the room cost! It's magic.

24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I will most definately take that into consideration.

We could take a chapter from the hippie ages and see how many we can get to stay in room, so the cost becomes miniscule. :D

25. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey, I'm an open person, let's cram everyone into one room. I can sleep anywhere. :D

Or you all could share a room and I could sleep in Matt's car. I can sleep anywhere. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.