main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Commercial for Ep2 on Fox (and various other television broadcast stations)!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    It's practically the same as the other Yoda spot, still cool though. :)

2. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    I agree. I was a little disappointed with the nearly identical footage, but it's still pretty cool. :)

3. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    the yoda thing isnt downloading

4. darthsmozers

darthsmozers Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    I concur with d8camjordan...its not working for me either...

Edit: It works now...but seems to be a spontanious thing...hehe, ah well. Thanks for uploading it Frank!

5. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    No problem. :)

Sorry about the jittery server. It's the best we can do right now.

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If you're having troubles getting the video to work, check your temporary internet files. For some reason, mine took forever to load, and then ended up showing me the broken image. I checked my Temporary Internet Files, and the full video was sitting there.

Also, I noticed they changed the wording in the Spider-Man commercial. At Celebration 2, it was "This May", "Go for the Ultimate Spin", "With this summer's", "Biggest Action Hero". This one says "This Summer", "Take the Ultimate Spin", "With this year's", "Biggest Action Hero". Nothing too major, but it was changed none-the-less

7. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Frank, how come we can't download the movies? It only lets me stream the Yoda commercial...Secondly I just saw a new TV spot for AOTC. It showed some footage and a brief glimpse of Yoda fighting while quoting some critics. It was a standard movie commercial, one i had not seen yet for Episode 2. It quoted CNN, ABC Radio, etc...

8. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    The Yoda commercial is not streaming. It's downloading to your hard drive and playing in your browser. Once it's done loading, save it or find it in your temporary internet files and move it somewhere else on your computer.

EDIT - TFN should have it up soon and it will be easy to download.

And, as always if you have seen a new commercial, please tell us the time, channel, and your time zone so me or Frank can grab it.

9. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    They just played the Yoda commercial two times during Jay Leno. Cool ! Hopefully this will get more people to see the movie this weekend !

10. keith71_98

keith71_98 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    SANDCRAWLER must drink alot of Jawa Juice

11. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    dang it it doesnt work now

12. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    Keep trying. TFN may not have it up tonight, but within 15 minutes or so it should be up on a new server. Just keep refreshing the 'spots.html' page.....

13. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    There seems to be a problem with the MTV footage with Master P. It only streams halfway, and stops downloading for some reason. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry for the trouble Moff and Frank, just wondering if I'm the only one seeing this. From the footage I did see was hilarious though (Master P: "did a real actor play Yoda?") [face_laugh] Something tells me he was serious.

14. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    Transfered it to another server. Refresh the promo3.html page in 5-10 minutes and it'll be up.

15. Tibur55

Tibur55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2002
    Hi! I have digitalized a new HUNGARIAN Connections video (Anakin). I am sure, it is a never before seen video:

http://web.interware.hu/tibur55/Hun_Connections.avi

16. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    thank you tibur

NOW WE HAVE A NEW COMMERCIAL...ITS THE COMMERCIAL THAT SAYS AOTC IS THE #1 MOVIE IN THE WORLD...SOMEONE GET IT :)

17. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    Thanks Tibur, I think we have seen that one before, but it's always cool to hear Threepio speaking Hungarian (although I think they still need to work on Artoo's translation). 8-}

D8, quit your yelling and maybe someone will take you seriously.

18. Tibur55

Feb 13, 2002
    Hi! I have found a new Natalie Portman Padme interview:

http://www.kristoffer.com/np.com/videos/starwars/natalie_cbs_morningshow.mpg

They wrote this:

"The cbs clip goes like this:

"Must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi. Not be able to visit the places you like or do the things you like...

"Or be with the people that I love?"

"Are you allowed to love?" blabla.....

Firstly....the line "to visit the places you like" was not in FL trailer. Now we all know that while Padmé says this last line above we cut on Ani's face and he gives her that shattered smile that always had disturbed me. In the cbs clip he does give her a kinda cute smile. That's what struck me! Also comparing both backgrounds of that Anakin shot, the background in the FL trailer moves a lot more than in that cbs clip. What's up with that? "

19. Tibur55

Feb 13, 2002
    Hi! I am uploading a video from the hungarian ep2 premiere. 30 min left...

20. Tibur55

Feb 13, 2002
    Ok, its up.

http://web.interware.hu/tibur55/020516_atvhirado.avi

The guy in the Death Star Trooper uniform is me..:)

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't know if it's too late, but JediNet has a report that there was some stuff on Dateline tonight. It showed guys animating and aging Yoda. It sounds interesting, but being in the Eastern time zone, I missed it.

Article at JediNet

22. Tibur55

Feb 13, 2002
    Hi! I have uploaded a new ep2 hungarian premiere footage:

http://web.interware.hu/tibur55/020515_fokusz.avi

23. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    Geeeez, I leave for a little while and I dare miss something like a Yoda character commercial. *slaps forehead* I got it though. I cant stop laughing at the great warrior in action. :D

Just a bump and a shout out to the night crawlers who made this thread so fun (YotS, CloakedOne, D8, etc).

lol thanx. Im glad to have made it so fun.

24. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    I just saw a really dumb commercial. It wasn't for AOTC. It was for "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron." The announcer says something like "...with more action than Attack of the Clones."

What an idiotic thing to say. I hate marketers. Are they trying to sell this to teenage males? Gimme a break!

25. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    They really said that on the Cimarron ad ? Weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.