main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Conquest discussion thread! (Spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LawgSkrak, Mar 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Okay everyone, less than a month to go till conquest comes out. Let's use that time to speculate on what's going to happen, what you want to happen etc. etc.

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Anakin will touch the Dark Side. He won't fall yet, but I think he's going to touch it for the first time in Conquest. One month to wait to see if I'm right about Anakin...

3. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I think Tahiri is going to kick the bucket, and that will contribute to your suspicions Gandolf.

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    She's in Rebirth, so she can't die quite yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to use the Dark Side to save her though, and then tries to justify it in his own mind.

5. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Oh I thought she was in both books.

I kinda wanna see Kyle Katarn make an appearance soon.

6. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I'd like to see Corran Horn back but I don't think thats going to happen.

7. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Probably not in the Edge of Victory series anyway.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    A katarn cameo would be nice, just so we know that he isn't forgotton. A archeologist jedi and jedi of prophecy like him should have at least some importance to the story at hand.

9. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    What other characters are supposed to be appearing in Conquest?

10. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    come on ppl

11. CorranHorn187

CorranHorn187 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2000
    looks to me like Talon Karrde is going to make an appearance, although what weight he will hold in the story, i don't know. i am curious to know why everyone seems to think that Anakin would go over to the Dark Side, in any capacity. that would be the height of repetitiveness for the EU if you think about it. plus, so many people are expecting, i can't imagine them actually doing it. kind of takes the fun out of it. i'm still not sure who Tahiri is, other than a female Jedi on Yavin. can anyone fill me in? i do see something somewhat significant happening, guessing from the title alone. is this the start of the Vong's overall 'conquest'? if it is, then 'rebirth' could be an implication of several things. but i suppose that is for another thread. :) i am definitely looking foward to what's ahead...but at this point, anything could happen.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    check out the Junior Jedi Knight children's books to learn all their is to know about tahiri. Not to mention they are pretty good reads. I'm reading 2nd to last book in the series right now.

13. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I read them. I liked the last three better.

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think that anakin's friend Tsari(sp?) will die, I think that she will be in Rebirth.
    I thought the book was going to come out in Febuary, man I was really disappointed when I found out I had to wait a couple more months.

15. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Tahiri is Anakin's friend from the Jedi Academy. I think she's two years younger, which would make her 14 in Conquest. And yes, she is definitley in Rebirth.

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Just a little info on Tahiri:

She and Anakin are the two main characters in the Junior Jedi Knights series.

She is from Tatooine. Her parents were moisture farmers but they died somehow (I forget how... Sandpeople maybe) and she is taken in by one Tusken Raider. She lives for years as a Tusken and then she is found by Luke and Tionnie. She is taken to the Jedi Academy to be trained. There she meets Anakin and together they have many adventures. Ohh, she never wears shoes. After living on Tatooine she likes the feel of the cool stone and soil of Yavin IV.

They, and Artoo, free some Massassi children spirts from a "golden globe" in one of the temples on Yavin IV, allowing the spirts to travel to the afterlife. They meet a small, furry Jedi named Ifrit keeping watch under the globe.

They meet a girl from Yavin VIII at the Academy and go with her as she returns to her home to make the transition into adult. Her adult form is a fish. Anakin and Tahiri protect the girl as she transforms into an adult. They find some Massassi writting on Yavin VIII that help them unlock the golden globe.

Later, Tahiri must travel back to Tatooine to face the trials all Tusken Raiders must go through to become an adult. If she fails the trials, her adopted Tusken father will die. Anakin goes with her to Tatooine and they go through the trials together. They suceed.

Thats the first 3 books. My memory is a little vague about the last three to explain them in detail. Its basicly Anakin and Tahiri go to Dagobah with Ifrit to go tothe cave that Luke went in in ESB. Anakin is having nightmares about turning to the dark side. He wants to see what the cave tells him. A stoaway, Uldir, a kid that wants to become a Jedi but dosn't have any powers, tags along. Anakin and Tahiri each get messeges from the cave, clearing their minds and souls. Uldir gets nothing. They go back to Yavin IV and recieve word that Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber is at Darth Vader's Bast Castle. The 3 kids, Artoo, Ifrit, and Tonnie travel to the castle to look for it. They meet a conman "magician" there who lures Uldir to his side, claiming he can give him powers greater than those of the Force. The magician takes the lightsaber and flees. They chase each other around, eventually going to the spacestaion where Anakin was born. The magician is revealed to be nothing more than a bag of tricks. Uldir apolgies and they all go back to Yavin IV with the lightsaber. Uldir desides to become a pilot. Anakin gets some time off to visit his family on Coruscant (I think Tahiri goes and visits the Tuskens) and Jacen and Jaina come to the academy to begin their training which starts off the Young Jedi Knights series.

Go to Timetales, section 5.1, for a more precise summary of the JJK and YJK books.

17. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
  18. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    I think that Talon Karrde's and Shada Dukal's relationship will be better defined that it has been previously.

19. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    "I think that Talon Karrde's and Shada Dukal's relationship will be better defined that it has been previously."

I hope so! Anyway, I'm looking forward to Talon's appearance in Conquest.
    I hope that the "older generation" of Jedi (Kam, Tionne etc.) will have larger roles not just in Conquest, but in the future NJO novels.

20. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    April 3 it's out correct?

I hope to see Dash rendar in one of the next two books, but I doubt that'll happen.

21. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Dash is trapped in EU limbo with Ackbar, Winter, and Corran, to name a few.

22. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    I want Dash back too. That's has to be the dumbest ending for a book ever.

I hope Anakin falls to the dark side and Jacen will have to kill him to save everyone. That probably won't happen, but here's hopin!

I think one of the older Jedi should die off. I'm not particularly thrilled about that happening, I rather like Kam and Streen, but no one has been hit since Chewie and Elegos. and I really think Elegos' death was uncalled for. and I'd prefer to see Kam dead then in the "limbo".
    How many of the original twelve are left?
    Kam, Tionne, Streen(who's like 90), Mara ...
    hmmm...

The big thing though, I wanna see the Imperials blow some stuff up. The Hapans should do some more. Obviously they won't be doing any interstellar combat... but something else.

Coruscant should be taken and melted down into it's original state.

that's it. :)

23. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I just received Star Wars Gamer #3 and there is a short (very short) excerpt from Conquest featuring Talon Karrde.

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Hmmm maybe someone can type it up if it's so short.

So what's it like, one page?

25. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Okay. Here's the excerpt from Gamer #3. I typed it really fast, so I apologize for any spelling errors.

Talon Karrde clasped his hands beneath his goatee and studied the
    scene on the Wild Karrde's command deck viewscreen through pale
    blue eyes.
    "Well, Shada," he told the striking woman at his right hand, "it
    appears that our baby-sitting chore has become somewhat more...
    interesting than anticipated."
    "I would say so," Shada D'ukal replied. "The sensors shroud shows
    at least seven ships in orbit around Yavin 4 and another six on the
    surface."
    "None of them are Yuuzhan Vong, I take it."
    "No. A mixed bag, but I'd lay odds that they are the Peace Brigade."
    "Gambling is a foolish occupation," Karrde said. "I want to know. And
    I want to know what they're doing." He ticked his finger against the arm-
    rest. "I knew we should have found some way to leave sooner. Skywalker was
    right." He sighed and leaned forward, studying the long-range sensors.
    "There's some sor t of firefight on the surface, yes, H'sishi?"
    "Looks like it," the Togorian mewled.
    "Solusar?" Karrde wondered. "Maybe. How long before we can be there?"
    "They outnumber us badly," Shada pointed out. "We should call the rest
    of our ships before we do anything."
    "We should certainly call them, but we can't wait for them. Someone down
    there is fighting for his life, most likely one of the people I told Skywalker
    I would protect. What's more, the fact that there are still ships on the surface
    suggests they haven't finished what they came here to do. That is, they don't
    have the Jedi children yet. If we wait until they have them aboard, in space, the
    job of rescuing them will becom much more complicated."
    "I see that," Shada said. "But it will be more complicated yet if they blow
    us out of the sky."
    Karrde laughed. "Shada, when will you learn to trust my insticts? When have I
    ever gotten you killed?"
    "You have a point ther, I suppose."
    Karrde pointed at Yavin 4, at the moment a dark disk silhoutetted against the
    larger orange profile of its primary. "So I want to be there, now. Dankin, keep
    full cloak, but let me know when they notice us."
    "Of course, sir."
    That point came an hour later, when they were almost sitting on the nearest of the
    orbiting ships.
    "They're hailing us, sir," Dankin told him. "And powering up weapons."
    "Put them on."
    A moment later, a thick-featured human male with thin, graying hair appeared on the
    communication holoscreen.
    "Freighter, identify yourself." He chopped the words out in even syllables.
    "My name, sir, is Talon Karrde. Perhaps you've heard of me."
    The man's eyes pincherd warily. "Yes, I've heard of you, Captin Karrde. It's rude
    to sneak up on someone like that. And dangerous."
    "And it's rude to be given a name and not offer one," Karrde returned.
    A look of annoyance crossed the fellow's face. "Don't try me, Captain Karrde.
    You may call me Captain Imsatad. What do you want?"
    Karrde favored the man with a wan smile. "I was going to ask you the same
    question."
    "I don't follow you," Imsatad said.
    "You seem to having some sor of trouble. I'm offering my assistance."
    "We need no assistance, I assure you. And to be blunt, Captain Karrde, I don't
    beleive you. I remember you as a smuggler, a pirate, and a traitor to the Empire."
    "Then perhaps you remember, as well, what became of those who treated me with
    disrespect," Kardde said icily. "But if we are being blunt--and perhaps that is best
    here, since you seem to lack the education for more civilized discourse--I am
    undoubtedly here for the same reason you are--to collect the bounty on the young Jedi
    below."
    "I don't know what you're talking about."
    Karrde leaned toward the screen, eye glittering dangerously. "You are a liar,
    Captain, and a poor one. I see no reason for us to play game."
    "I trust you've noticed you're outnumbered."
    "I trust you noted I was able to drop in on you in, shall we say, an
    unannounced fasion. Do you really think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.