main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Conquest discussion thread! (Spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LawgSkrak, Mar 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Borsk is doing what is right for the Republic. Dispite what Star Trek says, the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few. Deliver the Jedi heads on a plater to the Vong, and problem is solved.

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Um, well, I don't think the Vong know HOW to keep a promise!

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I agree with Rebecca.

4. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Who says?

I agree, they might be lieing, but that dosn't mean they are. Besides, Borsk dosn't know that.

5. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    They lied to the Duros in Balance Point.

6. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    I tend to agree with Jacen. Borsk was mostly doing the right thing from his perspective. However, ultimately, his decisions have been either stupid or selfish, and get lots of people killed. If the Jedi die, it may stop the war for a few weeks, but the Vong would soon grow tired of a truce. When that happens, there's no one left to save the galaxy.

7. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah. Borsk wouldn't be Cheif if he wasn't a fairly good leader.

8. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    The war won't be over if the Jedi are all killed. The only thing it will mean for the Vong is less oposition.

9. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    The Vong also have no sense of what we perceive to be honor . . . look at Ithor.

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I think the Jedi are the New Republic's only real hope.

11. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    Revised opinion of Conquest:

The first 5 or so chapters read like a Young Jedi Knights book. I found the book disappointing at first because of that. But somewhere in the middle of Chapter 5 the book, the writing, and the dialogue all grow up. I'm up to Chapter 19 and it's gotten really good. What I like is that this book doesn't have the hopeless feel that the previous NJO books have had. As for the juvenile beginning, I think Keyes did that on purpose so that we would really feel Anakin's thoughts growing and maturing.

12. Demon_Lord_Piccolo

Demon_Lord_Piccolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2001
    I just got Cenquest a couple of hours ago. It was kinda funny. I went into my local Waldenbooks and I was almost sure they'd have it. They'd had all the other ones, why not Conquest? So I go to the Star Warsw section, which is where they normally put them (duh). Not there. I started to get a little worried. Anyaways, I check the stands at the front of the store and the new releases section. No there. So I start to get scared and kind of angry. So I go up and ask if they'd gotten it in. Well, it turns out that they're had about 12 new releases and they just hadn't gotten it out of the box yet. So she opens it up and I get the first copy out of the box. :D

I'm at Chapter 3 right now, and it's great. :)

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    DLP...
    I have a story to top it, unfortunately. I have three bookstores all in a row...
    1. Border's - They had them in, but they were still boxed up and "up on palettes" which meant that their stockboy had to forklift them down. No one in the store at that time could drive the forklift. They did not let me operate it. Even after pleading to the manager. No luck.
    2. Waldenbooks - They were supposed to get them in yesterday. When they opened their boxes of yesterday's shipment to stock today, no Conquest. No luck. Supposedly they'll come in Friday's shipment!?!
    3. B&N - Had Essential Guide to Aliens on their entry display and had multiple copies of Conquest in their SW section.

Going to start reading now. :)

14. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Congrats. I'll be getting mine tomorrow at Waldenbooks.

15. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I got it his afternoon. I'm on halfway through chapter..... 2.

16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    I've read the prolouge. Going to read the essential guide first.

17. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Finally got my copy. Fresh from the box at my B&N. And I didn't break the SOS date.

18. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Hey, I finished reading it. I liked it. Finally some Jedi action involving Jedi other than the Skywalker-Solo clan. If Jaina ever thought about wanting to follow her mother's footsteps and enter politics, that thought is dead now, courtesey of Borsk. Well, nothing lost there.

With Anakin starting to sense the Force, I think the Jedi will start getting their edge back. Tahiri will need to spend some time healing and coming to terms, but I think she'll be alright.

I only got two complaints. First, I wanted to see Jacen and Jaina meet Qorl again. It would have been interesting. Second, other than Tionne and Kam, none of the other first-class Jedi (Cilghal, Kyp, Kirana Ti) don't really have much of a role in the book.

19. Xizora

Xizora Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 1999
    I really hate it when the freakin books arn't in the freakin' book stores on the freakin release dates! AHHHHH!!!! The freaking BN on freakin LSU campus didnt have the freaking book, and neither did the freakin BN across town. I freakin hate that!

20. Jedi_Cosmos

Jedi_Cosmos Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2001
    Ack...I feel your sorrow...my story isn't as bad as some, but...

My friend's mom works at a bookstore in the mall (B. Dalton) so I asked her to get me Conquest when it comes out (they never get their damn shipments in early!!) So she can get it if it's in stock, but if not...I have to wait till Friday :mad:

21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I got it!!!

All I can say is: AWESOME!!!

Anakin is now my favorite character. I can't wait for more of him.

I case noone has mentioned it (I ain't reading 300+ posts!) the female on the cover is Tahiri, at least I'm 99% sure it is.

22. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Nope, it's definitely one of the shapers. They didn't tattoo Tahiri or give her surgery (look at the Vong nose), and they sure didn't grant her a shaper headdress.. They were going to, but didn't get around to it yet. And even though the finger count isn't quite right, you can clearly see the Shaper finger apparatus on the fingers of the Hand. I'd guess it's Nem Yim, though, because she sure does looks young

23. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Read my reply in the cover thread.

24. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Didn't they tattoo a Vong clan or house symbol of Tahiri's forehead? I don't have my books around, so I don't know for sure.

25. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Don't remember, they definitely were going to but I don't think they got around to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.