main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Conquest discussion thread! (Spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LawgSkrak, Mar 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Thanks, Hope!

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Can't wait...any...longer...AARRGGHHH :mad:

3. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    When was that excerpt released Hope? It is very interesting. I like how they threw in there that Kam was putting up a good fight. I do woinder though if this book will be the end for Karrde. You have to wonder with the info we have on Rebirth, ie having Anakin and Tahiri fleeing the Peace Brigade in hyperspace in an X-wing, whether or not Karrde suceeds in freeing the Academy, or whether or not he and his crew make it through the process.

On a side note, I am wondering if LFL is going to develop a romance for Anakin now. By the time the series ends he will be 20, that about the same age his grandfather got married to his grandmother. I'll be interested to see if they develop this scenario.

4. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    You're welcome, Rebecca.

Thejedikiller:
    The excerpt is from SW Gamer #3. I received the issue this morning.

I sure hope this isn't the end for Karrde. Although, there sounds like a bit of foreshadowing in this particular quote:

Karrde laughed. "Shada, when will you learn to trust my insticts? When have I
    ever gotten you killed?"
    "You have a point there, I suppose."

I'm a little worried now :(

5. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    There's going to be an interview with Keyes in the next issue of the Insider (#53). I doubt they will, but it would be nice if we got another Conquest excerpt.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/news/2001/10/news3a.html

Does anyone know how long after BP Conquest takes place? I can't imagine that they would wait too long to evacute Yavin4.

6. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Ghentz over at Jedinet/Lit just posted some new info about Conquest this morning. It looks like there will be Characters from Darksaber, Hand of Thrawn and Stackpole's X-Wing books showing up. He doesn't say who though. He also says that a key character's number is up early in the book. I wonder what that could mean?

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Darksaber means Qui possibly, maybe Daala, maybe the engineer bloke

8. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Or Callista

9. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I hope Callista shows up it will be interesting to see what happened to her.

10. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    My God I can't wait for this :) Been looking forward to a new SW book since October.

Now, looking at those 3 books I can recall one name that was in all 3 of them - Wedge! In DS he was fighting with Ackbar, in HoT he was with Corran (can't remember where), and well, you know about X-Wing :) Although apart from the X-Wing books he really wasn't in that big a part. Maybe we'll see Callista, maybe a big Mara/Callista fight <please LFL>

11. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Hope - I think there is about two months between each book.

12. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Pleeeese, no Mara/Callista fight.

That's what I thought MARA-JADE, but I can't see Luke waiting two months before he starts moving the younger students off Yavin4.

13. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    bye Karrde. Like you, hated the tache

14. MAD6121

MAD6121 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Hey Hope thanks for typing that excerpt.

15. Feylis

Feylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Yeah, thanks Hope, that was very cool. :D

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    The begining of Conquest will take place right after the events of BP, then it will speed up to a later date. Probably a month or so.

Thanks for typing up the excerpt.

Hmm, some Jedi are certainly going to die, I wonder which ones. . . Kam? Toinne? Who else would be on Yavin 4 now, besides them and the students?

17. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    The Keyes interveiw in SWI #53 say the Vong Shapers are going to try to breed a Yuuzhan Vong Jedi. KEWL! :) :) :)

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah, they try to make Tahiri into a Vong. . .

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Here's the first chapter!!!!!!!!
    CHAPTER ONE
    Luke Skywalker stood steady and straight before the gathered Jedi, his face composed and stronger than durasteel. The set of his shoulders, his precise gestures, the weight and timbre of each word he spoke all confirmed his confidence and control.
    But Anakin Solo knew it was a lie. Anger and fear filled the chamber like a hundred atmospheres of pressure, and beneath that weight something in Master Skywalker crumpled. It felt like hope breaking. Anakin thought it was the worst thing he had ever felt, and he had felt some very bad things in his sixteen years.
    The perception didn?t last long. Nothing was broken, only bent, and whatever it was straightened, and Master Skywalker was again as strong and confident in the Force as to the eye. Anakin didn?t think anyone else had noticed it.
    But he had. The unshakable had shaken. It was something Anakin would never forget, another of the many things that had seemed eternal to him suddenly gone, another speeder zooming out from underneath his feet, leaving him flat on his back wondering what had happened. Hadn?t he learned yet?
    He forced himself to focus his ice-blue eyes on Mas- ter Skywalker, on that familiar age- and scar-roughened face. Beyond him, through a huge transparisteel win- dow, flowed the never-ending light and life of Coruscant. Against those cyclopean buildings and streaming trails of light, the Master seemed somehow frail or distracted.
    Anakin distanced himself from his heartsickness by concentrating on his uncle?s words.
    ?Kyp,? Master Skywalker was saying, ?I understand how you feel.?
    Kyp Durron was more honest than Master Skywalker, in some ways. The anger in his heart was no stranger to the expression on his face. If the Jedi were a planet, Master Skywalker stood at one pole, radiating calm. Kyp Durron stood at the other, fists clenched in fury.
    Somewhere near the equator the planet was starting to pull apart.
    Kyp took a step forward, running his hand through dark hair shot with silver. ?Master Skywalker,? he said, ?I submit that you do not know how I feel. If you did, I would sense it in the Force. We all could. Instead, you hide your feelings from us.?
    ?I never said I felt as you do,? Luke said gently, ?only that I understand.?
    ?Ah.? Kyp nodded, raising one finger and shaking it at Skywalker as if suddenly comprehending his point. ?You mean you understand intellectually, but not with your heart! The Jedi you trained and inspired are hunted and killed throughout the galaxy, and you ?understand? it the way you might an equation? Your blood doesn?t burn to do something about it??
    ?Of course I want to do something about it,? Luke said. ?That?s why I?ve called this meeting. But anger is not the answer. Attack is not the answer, and retribution most certainly is not. We are Jedi. We defend, we support.?
    ?Defend who? Support what? Defend those beings you rescued from the atrocities of Palpatine? Support the New Republic and its good people? Shield the ones we have all shed blood for, time and again in the cause of peace and the greater good? These same cowardly beings who now defame us, deride us, and sacrifice us to their new Yuuzhan Vong masters? No one wants our help. They want us dead and forgotten. I say it?s time we defend ourselves. Jedi for the Jedi!?
    Applause smacked around the chamber?not deafening, but not trivial either. Anakin had to admit, Kyp made a certain amount of sense. Who could the Jedi trust now? Only other Jedi, it seemed.
    ?What would you have us do, then, Kyp?? Luke asked mildly.
    ?I told you. Defend ourselves. Fight evil, in whatever guise it takes. And we don?t let the fight come to us, to catch us in our homes, asleep, with our children. We go out and find the enemy. Offense against evil is defense.?
    ?In other words, you would have us all emulate what you and your dozen have been doing.?
    ?I would have us emulate you, Master Skywalker?when you were battling the Empire.?
    Luke sighed. ?I was young, then,? he pointed out. ?There was much I did not understand. Aggression is the way

20. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Heh! Thanks for posting it in here.

21. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    This just in fomt Jedinet lit:

"Finally, I can confirm that Corran Horn returns to the story in about two weeks, because he does play a role in Conquest. I'll be reading on April 3. See you at the bookstores!"

Sweet

22. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah.... and it also says the Prolouge deals with how Dorsk82 dies.

23. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Ya! Corran is coming back!!!!!!!

He'll talk some sence into everybody!

24. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Can't wait for this book!!

25. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999