main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG **The Official Cosplay Events For 2003 Thread**

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    From the news that had been released previously, it'd been announced that the year 2003 will see 3 Major Cosplay Events; all where we, SW Costumers, are most welcome to attend:

-COSFESTA (Feb 2003)
    -COSFEST (July 2003)
    -MIYUKI ANIMATION CLUB COSPLAY 2003 (Dec 2003)

All infos for each events will be posted here as they comes.

All posts/comments about the event and any discussions/planning are also adviced to be conducted here. :)

So what are you waiting for? Recharged your lightsabres and let's the Saga Continues! :D

2. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The news about COSFESTA 2003 (Feb) that I received:

[i]Hello everyone! I think everyone must be pretty excited and hyped up about Cosplay after the MAC 2002 Cosplay.^_^ Here's news of the next cosplay, brought to you by the Singapore Cosplay Club!

*****CosFesta*****
    15th Februar(Saturday) 2003

Cosfesta is a costuming event where you can dress up as jrock/animation/games/novels/movies/ original/etc characters. This event is held in celebration of the Lunar New Year and Valentine's day. Bring your family, relatives, friends or loved ones to have a smashing day with us!

Venue: Fort Canning Grounds
    Time: 1pm - 6 pm
    Fee: 6 dollars per person

There is a free flow of food and drinks for participants in the Cafe and a treasure hunt to be carried out in the Spice Gardens of Fort Canning. Come spend the day with us and have fun taking photographs of others in their costumes!

Booths are also available for rental at no cost. The Singapore Cosplay Club is not restricting you on what you want to sell, so you can basically sell anything you want, but please do not go beyond your own limits. Note that you can also rent a booth to display your personal works (artworks, costumes, photos, etc)

Registration for this event is open now as of today. Please send your name, contact number, and email to admin@sgcosplayclub.org.
    Title your email "Cosfesta registration" please.^_^ Please do inform your friends, relatives, anyone and anything related to you, about this event.

The Singapore Cosplay Club sincerely appreciates your contribution.

Any enquries about booths, event line-ups, sponsorships can be directed to admin@sgcosplayclub.org too.

Cosplayers/Non-Cosplayers planning to join the Singapore Cosplay Club can register with the Club on that day at a discounted annual membership rate of 5 dollars(3 dollars off).

Join us in making this event a success!

Regards,
    Stephanie
    Vice President
    Cosplay Club (Singapore)[/i]

[hr]

So anyone interested in attending the event? :D

Due to the location of the event, I'm interested in doing LOTR. I'll try to be Arwen. ;)

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    i will be as usual, heh, and i'll be aoshi once again i think, maybe minus the long hair =\ maybe i'll just get a wig or something.

4. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    This time I'll go as Jedi and hopefully I can make my Lightsaber in time with my EL. Or maybe do Frodo, because I know how to make a Elven brooch. ( got tutorial from internet ) Or maybe a sith lord. Any1 renting a booth to display collection ? If so I would like to share to display my lightsaber collection

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, and I wonder who'll end up as Gollum . . . :D

So what do you say, Master Ringwraith aka Witch King?

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Whoever's going as Gollum, don't forget a fish [face_laugh]

7. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Sidious will remain the witch king.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Whoever's going as Gollum, don't forget a fish

Will that be the BIG Pink one from last Sat? :D

*Started imagining "Gollum" try to kill the fish while singing his Fish Song* [face_laugh]

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    A bit too big for Gollum to whack on the floor leh [face_laugh]

10. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Not the floor, the rock [face_laugh] The big fish is Anime and Gollum is LoTR so wouldn't it be weird ? But funny [face_laugh] .

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Don't make fun of Gollem. Gollem our friend.... NO, no Gollem trickxy, false.They stole it my prescious. Stole it from us.

12. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yes, Yes, Gollum our friend... No, Kill Gollum he took precious from us.

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey Xeno dun even think about doing Frodo... I am frodo

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So I'll take it as a YES that you can do Frodo this Feb, Yazid? :D

15. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    So, DE, can I borrow your Royal Guard costume ? I will make my own crimson empire armour.

16. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    But DE I need the brown 3/4 pants and wig.

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I can't give an answer yet, Xeno_kenobi, cause Confest is still a long way away and I haven't decide when to start painting my helmet. And you sure you CAN do the Crimson Empire Armor. You got vacuum forming stuffs and big pieces of ABS is it?

Yes, Yazid_Skywalker, I'll keep a lookout for that pants. The wig, I'll order this Mon or Tuesday (errr, you want to buy it?).

18. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    I will not vacumform or use ABS, I will use faux leather for flak vest, posterboards for armour pieces. Umm, u know where got sell faux leather ? The last time I saw it was at Tampiness Spotlight, now no more.I want to wear crimson empire on Confesta, not Confest. Umm, what color sceme do you plan on using to paint your Royal Guard helmet ? U need a blue visor ? ( sorry no black ) I have it. Umm, what color sceme should I paint my armour ? Umm, Yazid, u want a Elven brooch ? I could lend u on that day. I don't wanna do Frodo, I want to do KIR KANOS !!!

19. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    erm C how lah... u don't wanna me to have heat stroke in teh costume...at fort canning somemore! sheesh....

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heeheheehehehe, then the Ringwraith can play hide and seek with Arwen & Frodo. :D

And after that, Professor Snape can go hunting for Moaning Mytle for flooding the teachers' toilet again. :p

21. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    So, DE, what color u want to paint your helmet ? Maybe go as Sidious, Sidious. Not RingWraith. DE, I will only need to borrow your Helmet and the red robe or whatsoever. The rest of the costume pieces I will do them myself. I already started to make my forcepike already.

22. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey Xeno thank you I would really appreciate the brooch. Anyway DE can you bring the walking stick along. HEHEHE. Thankx... And DE can u order me Frodo wig.

23. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    So DE, will you soo kindly offer to lend your helmet please ?

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yazid, I had ordered the wig for you so will see if it does reach Singapore by Feb 10th (the actual time needed is 2 months but the aunty said she can try to hurry her supplier a bit). About the staff, does that means I have to paper mache and paint it for you too? :eek: Am also looking around for the pants.

JediClare, do you want that cardboard roll too?

Sidious_101, will discuss with you more about this Feb's event later on mIRC. ;)

And Xeno_Kenobi, sorry! I'm gonna start redoing the whole of my IRG costume and helmet again.

25. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    no need to mesh if u dun want to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.