SNG **The Official Cosplay Events For 2003 Thread**

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoOLv1rus Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm...no SW costumes?? disspointing if not!! any one got pics of SW costumers beside gouku yazid!? lol..
  2. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Congrats guys!!
    Whoo-hoo!!
    Great job! :)

And Yazid... Anakin Neo Monkey God?!?? :eek:
    Some new character, izzit??
    What happened??
    ...thought you wanted to be Anakin Frodo instead, or are you "reserving" that for the end of the year instead - LOL! :p
  3. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    JediJean, I got the Anakin-Frodo picture in my camera. ;) Will post as soon as I develop and scanned them.

Don't worry, end of year for the Cosplay Event, I'm thinking of LOTR-The Matrix-SW. [face_laugh]

As usual, the Jedis seems to be well received. Their pictures are posted in many albums. ;)
  4. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    But where are the LOTR costumers... don't see them... Any pics?

You mean this:
    Elves Team

2 "Ladies" are missing from the picture tho' cause they are busy running around looking for . . . err I have no idea what they were looking for. ;)

Hai . . . can't wait to get my ears and wig around the end of this month. :(

Hmm, so want me to list out all the albums that got pictures of the Jedis?
  5. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool. :D But next time, remind 'Legolas' to put the handbag down before getting a picture taken. :p

Sorry, but er... who's the character in the middle? Celeborn? [face_blush] Very nice costume anyhow. :D
  6. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehe Anakin Yazid the Monkey god and Legolas with a handbag... How lovely.
  7. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No lah! It's someone behind her holding that handbag. ;)

Well, it's Elrond in the middle; rest of elves are from Lothlorien. Ya, her robe is a bit too pinkish IMHO (well, better than purple robe rite? :D ).

Check out also my "Daddy's" picture (but this was in Malaysia). :D
  8. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    who is that?? Is she stripping or something? :D
  9. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    No lah dirty Anakin. I think is Elrond. Or is it ??? :p
  10. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Elrond?? Aiyah, what a turn off.
  11. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    //slaps forehead

Oops. Didn't see the extra hand there... :p

Elrond?? Aiyah, what a turn off.

[face_laugh]
  12. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Aiyah! Don't bully my "daddy"! :D He's very nice u know and I can't wait to meet him again this Dec! We are going to get rid the world of Neos! ;)

(Yub, she willingly allowed me to take her Front-Back-Side Photos. Very friendly indeed that we clicked the moment we meet. Her brother made a very big Sam though! :p )
  13. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    We are going to get rid the world of Neos!

:eek:

//looks suspisciously at DE
  14. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    as long as the "women in red" is unharmed thats fine with me. ;)
  15. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey did I mention that I was interviewed by a 19-year old chick on that day. She will be writing an article about cosplaying and Star Wars and it will feature in Beruta Harian(malay newspaper)
    By the way, the chick has sisters so...
  16. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    *BASH Yazid with a 1000 Tonnes Hammer*

Keep your Testosterones low can't ya? :eek: That's meant as a surprise for everyone! :eek:
  17. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    oooooh Yazid!!!
    Think I saw a cat wandering around somewhere in this board... must be you who let it out of the bag, right right??
    LOL! :p
  18. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehe.. Guess my bag wasn't big enough for the cat
  19. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Passing this along:

Hi everyone!

Some of you may have read and/or heard of the new things that we're hoping to incorporate at this year's MAC event at the end of the year. Indeed, we're planning to expand beyond just the usual cosplay event we hold yearly to something of a broader scope.

our main theme this year is "Creativity", and we hope to better support and showcase local talent in this aspect. A general overview of what to expect this year during this two-day event:

DAY ONE (Saturday)
    --------

The focus will be on "Creations". This day will be given over to featuring things that have been created locally with 'blood and sweat', illustrations, doujins, merchandises, model kits, animations, even game demos and trailers! We may not be able to get all these facets in but we hope to do our best! One thing mentioned to me before was that whenever cosplaying is involved, it tends to take most of the attention and the other aspects of a fest/fair/convention seem to suffer in its wake. So this year, we're planning it such that the cosplay part of the EOY event is on Sunday and while we are not going to chase away cosplayers on Saturday, it's not going to be the main focus/feature of that day and we hope that all enthusiastic cosplayers understand and save their energy for...

DAY TWO (Sunday)
    --------

What would probably be the 'rowdier' day to expend all your energies! We hope to have a fun-filled day of organised and free-and-easy activities in the typical tradition of our cosplay events, with improvements as best as we can handle. One logical reason for this arrangement is also to help our 'stamina'... can you imagine if we swapped the days? I think we'll probably tire out before the whole thing wraps up. In any case, we are still in the process of discussing the best way to maximise this year's location and two-day duration.

The general plan is subject to change but this just gives you a quick idea of what to expect. One of the areas we're really hoping to cultivate is really the local talent, which is why we have DAY ONE plans. We want to go beyond just appreciating anime/manga and actually help foster and encourage the community to create. I am personally involved in an animation group and we hope to be able to showcase an original story at the end of the year! Well, we're actually planning to showcase an OP to the original story, but we also hope to cosplay our original characters then

I'm also helping out a game development company with their music for a playable demo to be released at the EOY event as well, and they will hopefully not be the only local game development company to participate and showcase stuff. I understand that EDB and IDA are among some organisations that will be down to take a look at our community.

Needless to say, I think you'll get the general gist of what we're hoping to see happen this year. It will be something that's probably not attempted at this level before. We hope for all your support and do let us know if you have any thoughts and suggestions.

To help facilitate this thrust for "Creations", we're planning to print a special collector's event CD that contain contributions from the community, be it in the form of illustration, comics, music, animation, novel/stories, pictures of outstanding model kits, how-to stuff like "how i made my escaflowne costume"... We hope that it will be a testimony to the fact that we as a community have the interest and talent to grow and become something significant. Everyone is welcomed to contribute. We're still in the process of setting up a website for submissions but for now, do spread the word around to friends that may not know about this and who might be interested in contributing. We are maintaining a database in the MAC Committee of all interested parties so if you are one of them, do send in the following data so that we can easily follow-up with details:

Name/Nick:
    Email:
    Tel/Mobile:
    Website (if any):
    Talent: eg. Illustration, Music, Comic Creation, Tailoring...

Do send the inf/>
  20. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  21. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Hey Hey !!! Count me in for this one. I'll probably turn up as " G**** " for the LoTR one. I'm turning up with a new and improved EL saber for the first day... Annas broke my saber...
  22. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Your sabre was broken?!
  23. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yup... bloody annas... Now I have to start over and redesign, remake a different saber. My saber wasn't exactly broken, but one of the wires broke off from the " bad " handling of a saber by annas.
  24. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    LOL thats wat happens when u pass a saber to a non-Jedi, they'll end up spoiling the saber, or worse! haha
  25. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'll classify annas as a ysalamiri. Whenever i'm around him i lose the ability to use the Force.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.