main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Official Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    No ABS, but I'm sure we have plenty of spare styrene laying around that would be large enough for shims.

~Doc_Bev

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Matt -

I'm not sure how much Tom passed on - but you are welcome to march in the tape.

We did one shoot today, and the follow up shoot will be either Tuesday or Friday...

3. Wa-Sabe

Wa-Sabe Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    I found some styrene that was thicker than what I had before.
    So I'll just use that. Thanks.

4. Wa-Sabe

Wa-Sabe Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Yeah Tom told me what was going down. Unfortunately I won't be able to help you on Tuesday.
    I also has a little set back with the armor so I didn't get it finished this weekend like I planned.

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Matt there may be at least one more oppertunity, if it happens, I'll let you know.

6. Wa-Sabe

Wa-Sabe Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Sounds good. I'll try to get everything done on the armor ASAP.

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    If only I had the cash right now. Cheap Han stuff I need all in one auction. Would save me a lot of trouble. Oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-wars-Han-Solo-Costume-uniform-outfit_W0QQitemZ110026700138QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Wooh-Hah!!! Looky what MadKid finished over the past couple of days...

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/Jedi%20Projects/IMG_0931.jpg]

For more, lookit this gallery at my Photobucket page...

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/Jedi%20Projects/

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OMG!
    That looks so awesome!

~Doc_Bev

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Looks Great Deano

11. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Looks great! Can't wait to see it at the parade then :)

You have pants lined up?

If you are hurting for an inner tunic, let me know :)

-J

12. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Lookin' Good Dean-o!

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
  14. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    J-Man;

I hope I can find the time and resources this week to make the inner tunic, but I will send notice well in avance of Saturday if I do not get it together. Pants I got.

By the way, I'm shooting for the Ep. 2 look ('cuz of da mullet), so the inner tunic should be white. Is that what the color is of the one you have to lend? And do you have the thin "Comlink" pouches (2, I believe) that Obi wears on his EP.2 belt? I've got other pouches I can cheat with, as you well know; specifically the Mel Mattson one. The lay-persons watching the parade won't know the difference, though you all will!

15. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Not exactly costuming, but lookit my wooden saber project I've started from a piece of driftwood I found at the beach last week (Monday):

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/Jedi%20Projects/

Also, lookit these kick-arse belt buckles!

http://www.2bhipbuckles.com/results.cgis?catalog=&keywords=star+wars

16. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Hey Dean!

GREAT obi-job twin! Well, not any longer.... LOL
    So, how many sewing machine needles did you break on that belt? ;) NOT that that would ever happen on a leather job. [face_whistling]

See you on Saturday!
    Li-Li

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Got my Officer Cap in the mail yesterday. Looked kind of funky at first. Put it on and still a little weird. I could not remember exactly, so I looked at photos, and yes its supposed to look that Dorky, for lack of a better term. I did not remember it going up that high in the front. I thought mine had to much of a point to it. I got my belt and Hat. Just need Greeble for hat, Rank Bar, Cylinders, and of course the out fit it self. Buying one from a business would be nice, but looks to be out fo the question price wise. I was hoping to eventually make it my self. I can not get my sisters sewing machine as planned though. I did not think she would have a problem with me barrowing it for a while if I took classes, but my Grandmother who gave it to her and her, both refuse. She never uses it and barely knows how herself. She has had it for years. Oh well I plan on taking classes some time and maybe getting one. There are a few things I would like to get done eventually some not even Star Wars related. Science Patrol Member, OH YEAH!!! Someday maybe.

My boots are all set. Got them all done up with more stretching and Zippers. They are now perfect. As perfect as they are going to get anyway. Almost doubled the price I paid for them, but it was needed and they were pretty cheap to begin with , as these type of boots go I have been told. Thank you EBAY. Both pairs of Han Pants are nice and hemmed for less fuss and I needed to repair a seem in one of them. That was all cheap enough to get done.

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Congrats on your new hat!
    I'm thinking of getting a rank bar myself so it might be cheaper for both of us if we do a combined order.

~Doc_Bev

19. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    I'd be into getting a rank badge, too. Count me in!

In other costuming news, I won a sweeeeeeet pair of vintage riding boots the other day, in a caramel brown color.... just the thing for my Obi-costume. Slightly damaged, but... whatever. Wanna know the best part?

$9.99 + shipping! I was the only bidder. Thank you, eBay, indeed!

Well, here; check 'em out fer yourselves!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230032632528&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Make a set of simple spats for Ep.2 outfit, and slide the spats off when it's time to cut the mullet and do Ep.3 version. Shweeeeeeeeet.....

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The rank bars for Admirals and Moffs is $35 including shipping. The Commanders ones are $25.
    Do you know which rank/color combination you're interested in?

Great find on those boots MadKid!

~Doc_Bev

21. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Given that the highest rank Anakin ever got whilst in the service of the republic was Commander (or was it General?), I'd have to say I'll go for that rank. Don't wanna over-reach my "office"...

22. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    For Duane, and/or anyone looking to doing Scout armor...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-REPLICA-BIKER-SCOUT-BLASTER-1-1-DETAILED_W0QQitemZ300040133299QQihZ020QQcategoryZ60361QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

... and for the rebels amongst us:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-rebel-blaster-lifesize-prop-replica-armor_W0QQitemZ200038807181QQihZ010QQcategoryZ37887QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

23. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Hey Dean,

:confused: Where did you get your cool lucite(?) blade for your Obi-Wan costume? I loved the look of it and may be needing a purple one soon. o_O

24. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Gosh, Dar... I can't remember, it was so long ago (around 3 years or so), when I obtained the saber. I think I got the name of the blade/acrylic manufacturer from the guy I bought the saber from, who happens to be an old school-chum of mine, so I'll ring him, and see if he can rmember the producer. And yes; if memory serves, you can choose from all the usual blade colors...

25. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Hey gang- Whilst out looking to pick up a better fog machine at one of the area Spirit Halloween Stores, I happened to notice that they still had a couple of the Vader ESB FX sabers in stock. Seeing as how everything in the store is 50% off today, I just couldn't resist adding this one to my collection for a mere 50 bux! So much for the fog machine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.