main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Official Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Is the Vader saber many of us have from ESB? I'd have to check our box at home.

This is driving me crazy. I know I've seen the lucite-type blades like Dean had for his Obi-Wan costume on several sites online. The only site I found now is RandomSabers, but they don't have a purple one yet. I also remember someone with long wooden dowels who painted them so they appeared to glow for parades.

2. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I don't know if this is true for our area; I just read it on the costumes and props forums, but supposedly Simplicity is pulling all the Star Wars patterns out of the stores. So, if you haven't picked up these patterns, you should try now. The old Jedi pattern is still on Simplicity's website, but none of the other ones are.

3. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    It appears to be true. These patterns have either been discontinued or pulled out of the stores. Coincindently, I caught Diane at Joann's in Henrietta last night. She said the cards for these patterns are out of the drawers and could only find 1 adult pattern for the white ANH Leia & Padme peacock dress in the store. Diane and I both have the 3 adult patterns, but not the children's one since we didn't have any children to costume for. We both were remembering a big sale for next weekend (November 11) with the Simplicity patterns on sale for 5 for $5 too.

4. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    yeah, Dar; in all likelihood. This was and still is the common style found since the April '05 release with the Anakin Ep. 3 FX saber, and also shipped to everywhere when the Luke ROTJ FX re-issue went into wide release (beyond Borders Books, to places like Spencer's and such). I bought this one 'cause I only had the 6xAA battery "New Hope" version Vader FX until yesterday.

Now, My FX breakdown:

Anakin Skywalker AOTC FX saber
    Anakin Skywalker ROTS FX saber
    Anakin Skywalker ROTS FX saber (de-bladed)
    Luke Skywalker ROTJ FX Saber (version 1-EL)
    Luke Skywalker ROTJ FX Saber (version 2-LED)
    Mace Windu AOTC/ROTS FX saber
    Darth Vader ANH FX saber
    Darth Vader ESB FX saber
    Darth Maul TPM FX saber (1 half...)
    Darth Maul TPM FX saber (and the other half... got last weekend, before price went back up. All told, paid $140.00 plus tax for the full-Maul)

5. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    [face_dancing] My Mara Jade costume has been accepted and added to my Rebel Legion profile.

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay!
    My Jawa was accepted recently as well.

~Doc_Bev

7. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Still awaiting approval on my Obi-Wan, but then, it does still need some work.

However... I did get my Obi Ep.3 custom-made saber yesterday, and it is sweeeeeeeeet beyond words! I can't wait to show you all. If you collect props, you should snap up one of these bad boys before the last 4 are gone. Search for seller "pennyslane" on eBay, if you're so inclined.

8. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Dean, you need an EL saber to fight with! o_O
    [image=http://echobaserebels.com/photos/albums/userpics/10039/normal_IMG_0003%7E0.JPG]

9. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Oooooooooooh... nice, Gilly. Shoot me a PM if you're offering 'em up. Got a real interest in the Obi- one.

10. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To Doc_Bev & All,

Please forgive me for "hi-jacking" this thread. I figured, if anything, my post is costuming related. Wanted to let y'all know.........

Anyway, here goes:

12-31-2006

Greetings Fellow Star Wars fans.

As I write this, the U.S. East Coast has already rung in 2007. However, here on O'ahu, Hawai'i, it's only 8:05 p.m.. I figure, what better way to finish out a year than to finally complete a long-standing goal.

My friend / RLH website co-ordinator & I finally uploaded the 11th and FINAL page of Celebration III photos.

To quote Phil Collins, "It's been a long time coming. Some say it's too long." Due to some circumstances beyond our control, we haven't been able to get back to the website until today.

With Celebration IV coming up quick, it will be that time again to take LOTS of pictures &, once more, hopefully post pictures from that event.

Anyway, I hope y'all like the pix.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com (The newly posted pix are in the Gallery Section!)

P.S. Happy New Year 2007!

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Happy belated New Year JayTee_Erricck! :p
    For some reason I never saw your post until now.
    I look forward to seeing your CIV pics as I probably won't be able to afford the trip out to LA. :(
    Don't forget, if you can't find a thread that "fits" for what you want to post you can always join us over in our Rebellion Ruckus Room!

So, JediMaster1610 - have you gotten any packages containing feet yet? ]-}

~Doc_Bev

12. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    They're on their way! I can't wait!

13. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Woo-hoo! Check out what I found in my e-mail today!

From: "Legion Enlistment Office" <enlistment@rebellegion.com>
    To: djmadkid@yahoo.com
    Subject: Your Jedi costume has been added to the Rebel Legion
    Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 03:42:21 -0700

Your Jedi costume, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep. 2), was added to the Jedi page in the Rebel Legion Members section. This costume has been designated Formal/Canon. May the Force be with you.
    --
    Rebel Legion Enlistment Office

My crappy, photoshopped, single photo of my Obi-Wan got approved! Yay!!!

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Congratulations! Welcome (again) to Echo Base!

~Doc_Bev

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Most Excellent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.