main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Official Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I still have that huge box sitting on my coffee table that I got back in August too.

~Doc_Bev

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Got the blueprints and the materials list for building Chestboxes Tom
    We need to meet up soon and either go on a scouting run for material or just buy it and start working.

3. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Truthfully, I'm going to bite the bullitt & buy a ready made chest box with blinkies & the arm com pad. I'm just not that handy to make something that detailed with the electronics & make it look good. I've seen this guys work its' excellent. He sells on ebay but he's willing to cut a newbie tiefighter ( & future O-winger) a break. I do need help with the Chest & back armor, along with the few small mods that i'm willing to make to the helmet. So yes I'm willing to get together to work on stuff as long as we are able to make use of Knightshade's handy work , supplies (compensated for of course) & expertize. Scottaye, pm me & i'll give you details.

4. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Whoooo hooo, called to Verify shipping on my flightsuit & It 's Shipping today! Yea! For Me! I should have it by the ned of the week!!! Yea Again!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay T!

Only 14 days left for me to finish my Padme gown and I'm still struggling with the mock-up version. :( It's not looking like I'm going to make it in time especially with the Boston trip eating up 3 of those days. Oh well, at least my Rebel Fleet Trooper is done (once KS redoes the helmet and belt)! I guess I couldn't really expect to finish 2 costumes at the same time.

~Doc_Bev

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm basically in hold mode until rent is paid and then I can sit down with Knightshade with the blueprints for the Chest Box and we can start a chest box for a template. Other than that I'm in line for Armor and I'm continuously working on Jayne and Punisher.

7. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    BTW - Joann's is having a big sale this Friday and Saturday. Check your Sunday paper for special 50% off a regular price item coupon for each day. Their clearance fabric is 50% too, but the Henrietta store didn't have much the last time we looked.

Also, they have the Casa Collection polyester on sale $3.99 per yard which seems perfect for a Celebration Leia white dress from the end of ANH (maybe even the classic white Leia dress too). Normally it runs $7.99 per yard. If anyone is interested, I'll post the exact bolt information for the dress and the sleeves I recorded while on a Joann's scouting mission with Diane. This material looked perfect for it, and it wasn't as sheer as the material I used for my classic Leia. Granted, Tom found that material for only $1 per yard at Wal-Mart. I figured it would be easy to do sometime in the future as a alternate for the classic Leia. But do I want to make this one now? It uses the same belt as the classic Leia, and the hair is much easier to replicate. I have silver shoes, but not the necklace. Hmmmm.... [face_thinking]

8. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    All- Thanks to two of Justin's (Primrodo from YJN) Anakin costuming contacts/artisans, I shuld be getting a screen-accurate Anakin robe and third belt pouch (leather one, worn on right hip) in time for Halloween and it's many costume contests! I've been planning the entire weekend, with help from the "Freetime" magazine, and I'm staggering my "appearances" throughout; tageting most of the biggest prizes.

Anyone wanna join in the fun?

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Maybe if my dress was ready by then I'd join you. But I think I'm going to be too busy working on that and the stuff already on my calendar.

BTW - The belt studs came in yesterday evening I forgot to post that earlier.

~Doc_Bev

10. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I have had the casa collection white for a ceremonial Leia dress for about two years now...just haven't put it together. [face_blush] It's a good choice for that. I wouldn't suggest it for the 'classic' Leia because that fabric was a polyester...the casa fabric is not and has no give to it. It would work, but you won't get the same drape as you would with a poly.

Just my two cents.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I thought I had posted the totals for the Jedi belt studs, but I must have forgotten...

MadKidJedi: 24 studs (P-1700-SBN)
    & 24 studs (p-2391-SBN)
    Total: $21.60 + $2.92 = $24.52 (only owes $4.08 between this & Tandy order)

Doc_Bev: 16 studs (P-1700-SBN)
    & 1 buckle
    Total: $10.35 + $2.92 = $13.27 (PAID) ;)

Modernism: 8 studs (P-1700-SBN)
    Total: $3.20 + $2.92 = $6.12

~Doc_Bev

12. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Surely it must've cost Ryan something to re-ship them to here...?

And, Nicky; make sure that "DocBev" person pays your for her order.:D :p

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got a new email from JediAgent. He sent it to KnightShade so I didn't get it right away. There was shipping so we each owe and extra $2.92 towards that. I'm going to update the totals up above.

~Doc_Bev

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Woo Hoo Vol 3 I got my Jumpsuit today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hi all , the website I ordered my flightsuit from is offering a 10% off coupon while thier offices are closed for a religious holiday. Theaty are still taking ordered over the internet but they won't ship till after 10/27. See below

www.outinstyle.com

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    Our offices and warehouse will be closed until
    Thursday October 27, 2005.
    Orders will still be accepted over the internet, but all orders placed today will not be shipped until Thursday October 27, 2005.
    Because of this "inconvenience" we are offering a 10% Discount on all orders placed during this time on our site.

Please enter Coupon Code "AA3377" during checkout for your discount.

No limits OR Minimum to the coupon!
    Coupon valid on ALL items, including SALE items (except Gift Certificates). Coupon must be entered during checkout, it can not be applied to orders already entered in the system. Please make sure the coupon works BEFORE you enter your credit card info. "

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Cool! They have the shirts I was looking for for my RFT. Anyone else want to go in on an order from them and combine shipping?

~Doc_Bev

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Hey Doc_bev, cant wait to see your RFT. I would order some stuff, but I need to save money since I have to move in Dec. Eventually I am going to do the RFT. I will have to talk with you later about it.

18. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    I finished my tunic today. Yeah! Have rented a sewing machine for $22 / week from place on E. Ridge Road. I think I messed up the band / collar, the directions were hard to follow, but I changed it and did it as best I could. Now to make tabards and belt. The other hard part are boots. Saw some great ones at Burlington, but they are suede. ditto with others at PayLess.

Not ready to start any Leia outfits right now.

DB, can I get those studs on Monday? I will bring $$.

19. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Hey gang; Been working hard on getting the outfit perfected for Halloween. After further research on the Anakin costuming thread here at theForce.net (http://boards.theforce.net/Costuming_and_Props/b10019/21062772/p24), I decided to re-mod the bands on the glove that I had glued on at Prop Party 1 with the more accurate baseboard molding material from Home Depot. It's awesome. It's darker (actually black, whereas the previous molding was grey...ugh), and has the correct number of ridges (seven) as the ones on the real glove from the film do! By the way; that "Goop" glue is so the shiz-nit. The old straps just peeled right off cleanly, and I was able to also peel off the old glue (just like rubber cement), and the new glue stuck like a charm. Here's a few pix:

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/102-0297_IMG.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/102-0298_IMG.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/102-0300_IMG_2.jpg]

This just keeps getting better. Got my third and final film-accurate pouch delivered from Colorado the other day, and though I need to "gusset" (fold in) the sides, looks great just the same, and it's functional! Keys and cell phone will go right in there.

My robe is done and on the way, and I'm told it's sensational; probably the best she's ever done. I'm way too psyched to see it. I'll probably wet myself when I do. I pray, pray, pray it arrives tomorrow before we head to Buffalo; that way I can wear it tomorrow night!

More pix later (pouch, robe when it arrives); I'll probably just edit them into this post.

BY THE WAY, GANG: For anyone who carrys an FX lightsaber, you must invest in these batteries and rapid charger,[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/103-0301_IMG_2.jpg] available at any Wal-Mart store. As a matter of fact, you should buy multiple sets of these batteries for anything you own that takes double-A's. They outlast any alkalines 3-to-1, and they charge in an hour and a half! The batteries plus charger will set you back about $16 bux, and the extra sets of four batteries go for about $12, if I remember correctly.

20. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    New undertunic: Check.
    New mods to outer tunic: Check.
    New under-tabbards: Check.
    New outer tabbards (dark brown): Check.
    New mods to Obi: Check.
    New Ani-belt (accurate studs, buckle): Check
    New pouch(es): Check.
    New Ani-Robe: Check.

Time to suit up, and see how it all comes together... check back for pix later...

21. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Finished! Pix!

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/102-0298_IMG_2.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/103-0304_IMG.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/103-0302_IMG_2.jpg]

Whew! 2 hours to get it all on... I gotta figure out a quicker way!

EDIT: Just cracked open a bottle of Sangria to celebrate the completion of the outfit! Woo-hah!! (Thank God I can actually get at the zipper in this thing... thought it was buried!)

EDIT: Nevets: your belt is modded and finished, too.

22. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    good luck with the costume contests Dean!

This Mod-girl found some leather for a belt at Craft Service, the perfect color. also working on tabards.
    I wanted to have it all Perfect for Halloween, but will not be the case. So at this point it is still a work in progress.

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks great MadKid!
    I think you just need to find a way to dirty-up the belt. It looks so shiny, brown and new.

I also just noticed looking at this pic from the Boston exhibit. That you can see the seam in the leather tabbard that's not quite hidden by the obi.

~Doc_Bev

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm still hopeful I can have my Padme gown done in time. [face_praying]

I have the whole dress including sleeves assembled. I'm about 1/2 way done with the hood. So for tomorrow I just need to:

finish lining the hood and attach it to the dress
    design, assemble and sew the obi
    design & assemble the brooch
    hem the whole bottom edge of the dress and train

I'll prolly not get to the last two on the list with all the other errands I have to do before tomorrow evening, but I'm hoping I'll have enough of the dress assembled to be recognizable. Wish me luck!

~Doc_Bev

25. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Good luck! You can do it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.