main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Official Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Yeah, but I dont think that the Boston staff took too much time or Effort assembling the costumes in the Exhibit. I'd assume the seam isnt supposed to show ^^.

Chestplate Under Ab-Plate stormtrooper anyone?

Ayk

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    No, it's not supposed to show but accidents happen.

Like the time the MOM was on tour and I think the exhibit people in Texas (I think) put Leia's slave bikini bottom plate on backwards. Worked out great for us costumes though since we hadn't seen great shots of the backpiece. ;)

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Akya - Dont forget those PVC Pipes and all the other parts we may have bought.
    If I can print out the templates...we drill tonight!

Well no..not really..we drill TOMORROW night. [face_devil]
    Muhahaha

4. Recaf2000

Recaf2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    I finished my Barriss Offee costume and wore it today at work for our Halloween contest. I'll post pictures as soon as I get the film developed. Not many people at my job knew who I was, but they said I looked nice.

The best part of my day was when a little kid whistled at me. His mom and I burst out laughing. He looked about 6 or 7 and was in a spiderman costume :p

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Awesome! I can't wait to see your costume Recaf!

~Doc_Bev

6. Recaf2000

Recaf2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005

I hope this works. I'm not sure how to attach a photo.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here is the code to put a picture in your post:
    {image=http://web.address/image.gif} will create an image reference with small preview
    just replace the curvy brackets with regular brackets.

I think you have to have a place where the picture is hosted first. If you don't have such a place you're welcome to use RochesterFandom.com.

~Doc_Bev

8. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Here are the pics of me and my boyfriend, Warren going to Wal-Mart at midnight for ROTS. I think we are in Marshall, Texas. :)

wookiee_cookiee's pics

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Awesome! Both of your costumes look great!

~Doc_Bev

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hello all as mentioned at the auburn event I had acces to some industrial strength sticky back velcro, they are cut in pre mesured strips of about 26 " long & 10" long

I have, now in my posession, both sizes in Black and the 10" in White

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ooh! I just noticed that Recaf2000's Barriss Offee pic is online (in Wookiee-Cookiee's RochesterFandom gallery). I can't get it to load bigger than the thumbnail, but it looks great from what I can see!

~Doc_Bev

12. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I fixed Emily's pic so you can see a bigger version. :) She won the costume contest where she works. It was a 3-day contest, she was Velma from Scooby Doo and a fairy the other days. :) Now I have to get her to share her movie ticket prize with me. :D

13. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Well if we ever attempt to 3PO i may have an alternative to vac metalization...
    http://alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_show.htm
    Of course the paint is $1200 a gallon :)

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Egad! Looks nice and shiny though!
    In addition to the paint though we'd have a bunch of equipment to buy too...

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Dont give anyone ANY ideas. :D

16. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Yet more Gauntlet Mods...

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/Img_0332.jpg] , [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/Img_0333.jpg] , [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/Img_0334.jpg]

All I was going to do was add the "puff" to the ribbed section on the back of the hand with the tubing I had bought while at the event last weekend. I realized that I would have to disassemble the entire gauntlet, so I did. Removed the hand from the cuff first, then removed the "ribbed" section. I had to add a backing to go under it, as the ribbed section was a fake (it was only a single layer of material, with stitches to represent the ribs... lame). So I sewed that in, stitched in actual rib channels, inserted the tubing, and set to put it all together. Along the way, I decided to make the cuff more snug, so I removed the straps, and the baseboard stripping from them, re-sewed the cuff seam for a better fit, re-sized and cut the straps and strips, re-attached the straps (not easy!), re-glued the strips on, and at last... I'm happy. Oh, I also snugged the fingers, by simply re-stitching them to be tighter. All in all, not the easiest of mods, but I don't think I'll be doing anything more to this Rubies glove, as I can't. With these mods, I can't even turn it inside out to dry, much less mod. The next time, it'll be a whole new gauntlet.

Now, who deserves to join in the (Astronomicon) Costuming Panel? Or maybe I should get some sweatpants and a vest off the rack and call myself a genie? Now that's a costume...!

17. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
  18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I had to be is Syracuse for work yesterday. so while there I hunted down the Tandy Leather store. It';s on the Corner od S Salina & West Seneca Turpike. (South of the city near where 481 & 81 split. I picked up 3 extra rectangle belt buckels (the ones that are in most star wars costumes it seems) if anyone is in need $3.00 each

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I gots somtin in da mail today. it black , hard plastic, & comes in pieces :) I need some help assemblin!

20. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Pauldron Patch Preferences Please:

I just got my Special Ops Detachment patch in the mail and was putting it on my pauldron (with velcro) and realized I wasn't sure where I liked it. Here are a couple locations (ignore any visible velcro for now please) I'd like suggestions/preferences/ideas... etc.

[image=http://people.hws.edu/ruiz/IMG_0861.jpg]
    [image=http://people.hws.edu/ruiz/IMG_0862.jpg]
    [image=http://people.hws.edu/ruiz/IMG_0863.jpg]

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Is there a difference between IMG_0861 & IMG_0862? I think I like those better than IMG_0863. I think the front facing spot would be better used for a local garrison patch. I was also wondering what it would look like being up closer to the shoulder seam. Would there be enough room for another patch in between the two?

~Doc_Bev

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay! Just got the word that my Padme was added as a Formal costume.

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    *see new post below*

24. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Let's see, Wingnut's costume is almost done...I'm having to improvise because I don't have a fabric store at my house, but I think it'll turn out okay in the end. And if not, I told him he doens't have to wear it if he hates it. ;) Seriously, I won't be offened.

Oh yeah, and Lyn is planning on coming with me to the toy show and if I can get something resembling Depa Billaba's robe pulled off, she'll be wearing that. :)

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Very cool! I can't wait to see them both.

I don't think I'm going to start on any new costumes for myself until after the baby is born.
    But I still have a quite a few things on my costume to-do list between now and then:
    *finishing up my EIII Padme gown (lining & hem)
    *create brooch for EIII Padme gown
    *make new hoop skirt for EIII Padme gown
    *re-do my RFT shirt
    *add the additional pockets to the back of the RFT vest
    *repaint the RFT helmet
    *make a holster and gun for RFT
    *work with Diane to get my revised Jedi outer tunic/tabbards/obi finished

I figure that plus everything else I get involved in should keep me busy for most of 2006. Although I have a feeling I'll cheat and sneak in a new costume anyways. :p

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.