main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That sounds delightful! Crosses fingers that I can find it here.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm intrigued yet worried about the banana bread beer. The wife will drink very fruity beer (Leinenkugel's Berry weis, New Belgium's Frambozen, etc.). Something she'd like?

My soccer bar put Great Divide Hibernation Ale on tap, so I had that during the game Friday. Not as good as the Rumble, but a very enjoyable winter ale. VERY flavorful, very rich.

3. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    If she's into banana-flavored stuff, she'd like it. I love fruity beers but this was just...weird.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't even know banana beer existed. I'm intrigued to say the least.

I'm thinking next weekend, I'm going to branch out and buy one of the higher end Blue Moons. That was my go-to beer this summer, but I bet it's an even greater beer for the fall season.

5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I too love fruit beers and really enjoyed the banana bread beer. I see Wells also does a banana nut bread beer and will have to look for that now too.

6. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Some say, including myself, that they can taste banana in some hefeweizens. Wish I had one now.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Healer_Leona likes this.
  7. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Finally got to try Southern Tier's Warlock and it's my new favorite brew from them. Not too sweet and tons of flavor (plus it packs a nice punch).

My roommate and I recently split a bottle of Dogfish Head's Positive Contact and I'd put it in my top 5 beers I've had. If it weren't so pricey I'd definitely stock up on it.

Healer_Leona and WookatMe like this.
  8. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I love Warlock. My wife says it's her spirit beer.

I finally opened my bottle of Cigar City Hunahpu last night. It was fantastic. Much better then when I had it on tap in Hunahpu Release day. I highly recommend if you can track one down.[​IMG]

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    It's Saturday night and I get to have a beer! this evening's Is New Belgium's Paardebloem. One of the Lips of Faith series like my last one, Cascara Quad which apparently I did not post of. I thought it meh anyway. So there. :p

This one is much more to my liking. the bottle reads "Ale brewed with peach juice, grains of paradise (had to look that up, it's also known as alligator pepper or Guinea pepper), dandelion greens, blended with wood aged beer. Daughter read that and called it 'mom's hippie beer'.

It's got a wonderful tartness without a heavy fruit flavor, also a slight bitter which I enjoy most times. this beer really works!

xblackout and WookatMe like this.
  10. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I enjoyed that one too :). They just released a lips of faith collaboration with Cigar city. Keep your eyes open. ;-)

Healer_Leona likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I need a new tasty beer besides Blue Moon.

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh lord Lips of Faith and Cigar City??? I will be looking for that, though will they be sending out of Florida?

I Are The Internets there are so many good beers to check out. And not all of them are overly pricey.

WookatMe likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll have one of everything then!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  14. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    What styles do you like and what state are you in?

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm in Minnesota. So far I've had Guinness which I liked for a long time, Blue Moon both regular and the pumpkin harvest, that godawful Minnesota brewed Lost Lake, and Redd's Apple ale. I'm still searching in vain for the perfect beer, but so far, I like RA and Blue Moon quite a lot while Bud Light Lime is a great last-minute purchase if I'm in a rush.

17. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Look for Hoegarrden. (sp?)

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Guinness? While up until a couple years ago, I was beer, blech! I came across stouts, which are still my now favorite type of beer. Guinness is like the Bud Light of stouts. I would try a Warlock, by Southern Tier is you like stouts, they should have it by you.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Or I areas going to suggest the beer that turned you into a stout loyalist Healer_Leona Left Hand Milk Stout, or their milk stout nitro, also available in 6 pack bottles.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I didn't ebven remember what it was you suggest Tony, but now that I see it, yes!

WookatMe likes this.
  21. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, Left Hand Milk Stout is divine. If you get Great Lakes brews out that way, give the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter a try (perfect beer for November 10, anniversary of the shipwreck)!

WookatMe likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I've tried some of those coffee beers too which are really really good.

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I was less than impressed with the local beers I had when I visited Minnesota. But, you should be in range of getting some very good beers from Great Lakes.

Also - it's almost time for New Belgium to put out Frambozen. Goodness, I love that beer.

24. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I'm not familiar with Frambozen, so I looked it up and that sounds like heaven. I need to try it.

WookatMe likes this.
  25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000

I love coffee stouts! Local brewery, Lakefront brewery makes Fuel Cafe, which is named after the Cafe here whose coffee they use to make it. Most coffee flavor I've tasted yet in a stout.

DarthIntegral - Have you tried Lindemans Framboise? And if so how does it compare to Frambozen. Lindemans Frambois was the very first beer I had ever tried that I didn't go 'yuck' to and started me on my journey of finding good beers.

WookatMe likes this.