JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. WookatMe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm all about the new Anderson Valley Gose. I can't remember what it's called, the name is too long. But I need two a day to survive now.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  2. tom Chosen One

star 6
    there are so many. it's endless. i never run out of new ones to try. i don't know how you can get them down there though. i know jp found a specialty shop in nz that carried a modest but good selection, including one my favorites, bear republic's racer 5 ipa. maybe something like that exists near you?
  3. WookatMe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah I couldn't find anything concrete for you. I spent a good hour researching but only came up with Aussie made beers.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
  4. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I gave a bottle of Cooper's Extra Stout to a teacher of mine. He loved it. For those of you outside of Australia, Cooper's isn't really a craft beer just a beer you can't really get here stateside. Instead you get the crappy Foster's beer that is Australian for piss.
  5. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I keep seeing you post this on Untappd and I can't wait to see it at my go-to beer store. I just tried (and loooved) the Westbrook Gose and I'm ready for more!

Speaking of Westbrook...one roommate and I got two growlers of Westbrook's Mexican Cake -- one from last year and one from this year. It was everything I hoped it would be and I'm really sad it's gone now haha
  6. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8

There's a really good store in the CBD which has a decent selection. I'll go look for the Bear Republic one.

you're the best tom, just in case you didn't know.
  7. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    im trying to think of craft beers that I know distribute around the country and aren't just local.

Maybe Wasatch or Oddell? I've seen them in a couple different states so they might be big enough to have a reach down there. Idk New Belgium isn't really microbrew but of the bigass breweries they're the best. Haven't tried a beer from them I didn't appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I've opened a bottle of Rogue's Honey Kolsch.

If I'd known Rogue was going to be making so many colorful bottles I would have been saving them.
    WookatMe and xblackout like this.
  9. WookatMe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I had a friend bring me back some beer from North Carolina as a birthday present, Legend brewing. A couple of bottles of their hefe, a bottle of their tripel and a bottle of their 2013 barley wine. I am thinking about aging the barleywine a year or two. But I will post my thoughts on the others when I try them. Has anybody else had any of these before?
    [IMG]
  10. WookatMe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Have you tried the Beard Beer yet???[IMG]
  11. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I have not and admit the beard yeast is a bit of a turn off.
    WookatMe likes this.
  12. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I finally tried the Anderson Valley gose (on tap) and it was sooo delicious! I probably should have gotten a growler...
    DarthIntegral and Healer_Leona like this.
  13. WookatMe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I love that beer. I want it everyday.
  14. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Picked up a random build your own pack before heading to the mountains of stuff I hadn't tried before. Durango Brewing Blueberry Wheat was delicious. Avery Out of Bounds Stout was acceptable, but I wouldn't buy a six pack. Left Hand's Black Jack Porter tasted like Heaven. Seriously.

I was very much disappoint with Well's Banana Bread Beer.

I was derailed from finishing by picking up a bug, but I have two more adventures waiting for me in the fridge.