main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Try doing a google image search for aluminum craft beer bottle, see of any look familiar.

2. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Fat Heads Holly Jolly while catching up on Once Upon a Time tonight. Good living.

Also, totes jealous of that Whiskey Barrel Berliner Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona likes this.
  3. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I know I already expressed this sentiment on Untappd, but I JUST WANT SOME HOLLY JOLLY (or can 12 Dogs of Christmas just show up on shelves here plz)

WookatMe likes this.
  4. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I am gonna try and get a sixer of Holly Jolly and hold till Christmas Eve.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Went to Wits End brewery here in Denver. Had an amazing oatmeal IPA. It was so good, I might dream about it.

6. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Hopefully getting my hands on a growler of last year's Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout tomorrow! Ahhh!

7. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Visiting family in TN. Bringing home six packs of Yazoo Hefe and Sly Rye. Straight to Ale Lily Flagg Milk Stout. New Holland Poet, 3 Bottles of Terrapin Moo-Hoochiato and a half gallon growler of New Holland Ichabod.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, score! The Moo-hoochiato sounds most interesting.

WookatMe likes this.
  9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Found another bottle of Valar Morghulis by Ommegang. Gonna pop the cork and put up the Christmas tree. :D

Isotope217 likes this.
  10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    finally tried the new belgium salted belgian chocolate stout. so good. right now i'm enjoying a liefmans goudenband.

11. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I also have a bottle of Anderson Valley Pinchy Jeek Barl. Let's of Untapd checkins in my future.

I was really hoping to come across some Salted Belgian Chocolate, no luck though. I gotta get my hands on some!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Pinchy Jeek Barl sounds yummy.

WookatMe likes this.
  13. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I love Anderson Valley. I have high hopes.

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I think I've had some of their's. I'll have to look.

15. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Have you had their Winter Solstice this year? Last year, it was one of my favorite winter beers and was super excited to find/buy a can today but was left very disappointed. It's just not how I remember it :( BUT I did get the growler of Bourbon County 2013 and it seriously tastes like liquor. Such a unique beer experience. And I accidentally ended up with a bottle of this year's coffee stout!

WookatMe and Healer_Leona like this.
  16. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I have actually really enjoyed this years Solstice. :)

17. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    [​IMG]
    I'm reckoning back a bit for the review of the HT, but here goes. Did it live up to the hype? AMAZINGLY, yes! Instead of waiting for the game as I had planned, I took the occasion of the first New England snowfall to go outside with my kids and enjoy the HT. Although I usually pour most of my brews into a glass, I heeded the prolific warnings on the can not to do so. My opinion is that HT takes all of the best characteristics of your favorite IPA's and brings them together. Perfectly balanced, (the real art of brewing IMHO, especially for a DIPA) whats really remarkable is how HT rises to the top in what is such a ubiquitous style. Extremely floral in the can, it tastes like the pure essence of the hop flower. A truly elegant brew, right in the ABV sweet spot for a DIPA, this is one of those that might be all you ever need or want. I definitely feel fortunate and appreciative for the chance to experience something so highly regarded, and delighted that it actually delivered on its promise. Get it if you "can"!

xblackout likes this.
  18. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Ugh, every review makes me want one more.

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I had some Southern Tier Old Man Winter old ale over the weekend. It was really quite.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    god, i love winter beers. last night it was the elysian bifrost winter ale. pretty strong at 7.6%, but at the same time really smooth.

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Sitting and relaxing with some Sam Adams Gingerbread Stout.

I know I've probably said it before, but the best thing about winter is the stouts. It's worth repeating.

DarthIntegral and WookatMe like this.
  22. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I really need to try that one this year. I keep hearing about it and it sounds too great to miss.

And WookatMe if you have access to brews from Evil Twin, maybe try their Molotov Lite. I've been hearing that it's pretty close to Heady/Pliny levels of good. Haven't tried it for myself yet to compare, but it might be worth seeking out!

WookatMe and Healer_Leona like this.
  23. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I will look it! Thanks for the heads up :)

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Picked up a couple new beers for weekend. Was thinking more for when my daughter and son in law come over to watch Walking Dead.. just now remembered it won't be back on for a couple months. Of well, more for me :D :D

I'm especially excited to try the Trixie's Kiss. Mob Craft has become a favorite brewery with their monthly new brew and well come on, stout. Mint Chocolate stout! I'm really hoping this doesn't become the one by them I don't like.

[​IMG]

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, that and New Belgium puts out Frambozen in the winter.

Healer_Leona likes this.