main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I live in Portland, OR, so pretty much the beer capital of the U.S. haha. and I live downtown in the Pearl, where the breweries are, so it's kind of ridiculous. I drink beer too often lately especially, not to excess, but we go out for happy hours a lot and I will try two beers each time, usually new ones for me, so I can get an overall better idea of what's out there. We have a Fathead Brewery I went to last night and tried some Belgian style ale, which I love (my favorite is a Belgian triple), and then this thing called Zeus Juice that's 10% ABV! It packs a punch but tastes amazing.

We also have Rogue near us, Bridgeport, Henry's, Deschutes, and 10 Barrel just opened a place here as well. The craft brewers convention took place in Portland a few weeks back, just before Star Wars Celebration, and Portland Brewfest is coming up next month (although I'm headed to WhiskeyTown USA here tomorrow).

WookatMe likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The Purple Monkey Dishwasher was a hit with my half-brother and sis-in-law.

And does Moe's sell Duff?

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    having a BLT and [​IMG]

It does smell like that chunky tri-colored candy on the bottle.

4. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    I had a milk stout today too!

5. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    It's my wife's birthday tonight. She's had two haha.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  6. Isotope217

Nov 24, 2002
    Well then happy b-day Mrs. WookatMe!

7. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Weyerbacher Old Heathen!! And Hardywood oak barrel aged stout. Yummmmmmm

8. Isotope217

Nov 24, 2002
    [​IMG]

I grabbed a couple of bombers of this for $3 a piece off the clearance table the other day. Good stout with a nice sweet finish from the Belgian yeast and nice price to boot!

Healer_Leona and WookatMe like this.
  9. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I tried about 50 different beers today at the Sour, Berliner Weisse and Lambic Festival today. If you are my friend on Facebook or Untappd I have spammed you with all my check ins. What a day!
    [​IMG]

tom and Healer_Leona like this.
  10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
  11. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    That sounds so interesting! I kinda have a hard time imagining those flavors in a witbier.

Was lucky to try all sorts of delicious beer today thanks to an Amazon Local deal and brilliant local brewers. My favorites were probably the Chocolate Peanut Butter Milk Stout, Salt & Pepper Black Saison, and the Jalapeno Rye IPA. Also got 2 64-ounce growlers with it (you have to pay for the fills) and I can't wait to go back to fill them and try more creative beer.

Healer_Leona and WookatMe like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I bought a season pack of Blue Moon.

13. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Which one?

14. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
  15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Tonight's fare...
    [​IMG]

I swear, no one makes a chocolate stout like Southern Tier.

xblackout and WookatMe like this.
  16. Isotope217

Nov 24, 2002
    I did a taste test last weekend with friends of top notch IPA's -- Heady Topper, Pliny the Elder, Jai-alai and Grapefruit Sculpin. HT still takes the prize!

For contrast, we followed it up with a Jack's Abby Coffee Barrel-Aged Framinghammer -- I really am impressed with just about everything from this Lagers-only brewery -- and then split a growler of BBC Drayman's Porter.

[​IMG]

tom and Healer_Leona like this.
  17. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Those IPAs are all so ****ing phenomenal, but I feel like Grapefruit Sculpin is my fave? But that could also be seasonal bias because that is all I want this summer (with the occasional Habenero Sculpin thrown in).

I've had three training shifts, but tomorrow is my first solo shift working at my favorite local beer bar. So happy I decided to dive in and pick up a few shifts there! I need to take advantage of my discount and start buying some bottles I normally wouldn't splurge on and treat myself.

WookatMe likes this.
  18. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I got a 4 pack of Funky Buddha More Moro Blood Orange IPA. Fantastic. A mild IPA with citrusy hops and just a hint of blood orange sweetness at the end. Very nice.

19. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    [​IMG] 5 Rabbit Paletas Guava: A beer that captures the summer fun of Paletas, the Spanish word for "popsicles". Brewed with Brazilian guava, pink peppercorn, tarragon and orange blossom water, this sessionable wheat beer is a more sophisticated alternative to shandies and radlers.

Very refreshing. Nice tropical fruit flavor. Goes down too easy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

xblackout and Healer_Leona like this.
  20. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Just received a special delivery from one of my best beer friends! She's the absolute best :)[​IMG]

21. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Ah, those both sound great! I was eyeing up the Southern Tier at work today, but bought this instead

[​IMG]

Haven't tried it yet, but hoping to open it up this weekend.

WookatMe and Healer_Leona like this.
  22. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Double posting oops.
    Haven't opened that bottle yet, but had it on tap last night. Not as sour as I had hoped and more bitter. Still good, just doesn't make your mouth pucker like some other goses.

BUT GUYS. Had this beer from 7venth Sun called Everything Went Black (with cocoa, strawberry, and vanilla bean). It's a crazy imperial porter that tasted like a chocolate dipped strawberry washed down with some coffee. HEAVENLY and I'm kinda sad that I'll probably never have it again hahah.

23. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I have been to 7venth Sun a few times. They make some pretty big beers down there.

xblackout likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    In heaven ... Having a Great Lakes for the first time in a long time. I drove back from Ohio and brought a six-pack of Elliott Ness with me.

25. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I just found a nice score for my beer buddy :)