main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    and??? How does it taste?

2. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Just picked it up. One bottle limit, otherwise I would have been sending one up north.
    I plan on having it later tonight though, so I will post an update.
    Their flavored beers never disappoint, the last special release, French Toast, was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

3. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    No worries Tony. Funky Buddah must be like Southern Tier then.
    French Toast? dayum!

WookatMe likes this.
  4. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Oh soooooo jealous!! I will live vicariously through your untappd for that one.

Had to hike over to another store today to pick up some cans of Westbrook Key Lime Gose. Any store in the city that gets it only gets one case, so employees weren't allowed to buy any. When I picked mine up from the other store they were actually letting people buy 4-packs (?!?!) but I didn't want to be greedy so I stuck to 2 cans. Excited to have one while I finish packing up the apartment tonight.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  5. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    It's funny how you say that. I recently told my wife how jealous I consistently am with your untappd checkins.

I was lucky enough to have a friend bring me a couple of cans of the regular Westbrook Gose. It was amazing, the second best gose I have had, behind Rapp.

6. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Funky Buddha Sticky Treats: While not as good as some of the others in the series, it's still a pretty fun drink. You get a light marshmallow sweetness at the end. French Toast is a tough one to follow.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Tony you have got to learn how to rotate your images... :p

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    It's not me. It's this app. It always rotates regardless of how I take it.

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Having 5 Rabbit Cervecia Cacoa - the description on the bottle reads Imperial Stout Brewed with Chocolate, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Seeds, Chile and Spices. The flavors are abundant and it's 10.7%

I also need to find local beer buddies to share bottles with. One of these and I'll be done for the night early, lol.

WookatMe and tom like this.
  10. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    5 rabbits makes some good stuff :)

Healer_Leona likes this.
  11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Less than 2 weeks before I am in Chicagoland and can come up to WI and get some New Glarus!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Was very excited to see they are now stocking Stone Brewing at my beer store. Picked up an Imperial Stout of theirs and a 24 Carrot Golden Ale - a carrot cake inspired Belgian Ale with carrots, cinnamon,raisins and vanilla. I asked if they will be getting any WOOTStout which I really like (thanks to WookatMe) and was told they would but it will be allocated. The owner who knows me well said to ask him every week as he'll put one aside for me. Yay!

Opened up a bottle of Dragon's Milk Reserve - Bourbon Barrel Stout with raspberry and lemon to have while I prepare dinner.

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I have a bottle of the current W00tstout in my wine/beer fridge. I brought it back from San Diego. When I tweeted about it, Stone liked my tweet!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey Rogue1-and-a-half, if you like craft beers or are willing to try some, you should post your reviews here!

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey, thanks for the thought. Unfortunately, for the purposes of this thread, though fortunately for a lot of other reasons, I do not drink. :p

16. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Had last year's w00tstout after holding onto it for 6-8 months and really enjoyed it! It was still really boozy, but enjoyable. I tried some of this year's at a beer share recently and wasn't wowed by it? I just couldn't get past the alcohol burn and taste much else. I also wanted to give it another try/get a bottle to age but I've been trying to spend less on beer recently and my store sold out of our stock. Ah well.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  17. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Drinking a New Belgium Pumpkick while watching the Eagles. Two of my favorite things, football and pumpkin beer. Fall is just on the horizon.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  18. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I'm refusing pumpkin beers until actual fall, but that's just me being stubborn :p

We had a Mystery IPA Night at the bar last night and it was maybe my favorite even that we've had. 4 unmarked IPAs on draft (perfect for a tasting flight) and people voted on their favorite. The winner was Queens brewery Singlecut, but it was kind of unfair because the beer had been kegged 2 days prior and that freshness can't be beat (but I was so happy to see it beat out NYC IPA behemoth Other Half). I was able to guess all the breweries (the two NYC ones without any hints, the other two after I was given the region) and my friend and I combined our brains to figure out a specific beer. I know there aren't a lot of IPA fans in here but regardless I figured it'd be fun to share because blind taste tests are funnnnn!

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I had my first sour last weekend and I loved it.

tom, Strilo , xblackout and 2 others like this.
  20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    xblackout you are entirely correct to wait until actual fall for pumpkin beers. It's not just you being stubborn. In wookatMe's defense, Florida doesn't really have seasons... so it simultaneously feels like summer, fall and winter there right now. So like most Floridians, he gets his seasonal cues from TV.

TrakNar: You just had your first sour in 2016? A bit slow to try new things are we? ;) Sours are so 2013...

xblackout likes this.
  21. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I love pumpkin beers. I would drink them year round if I could. And the sooner I can trick my brain into thinking summer is over, the better. Haha.

xblackout likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    There is nothing wrong with drinking a pumpkin beer before it's officially fall. Pumpkin Beer Season is whenever the store stocks them and the bar pours them.

Strilo likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Crap, I should've know that. My bad dude.

24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh yeah. For me, I am just weird and "moody" with food and drink. Some things seem better in summer and some in winter. I tend towards darker stronger beers in the fall and winter, lighter more wheat beers in the spring and summer. I don't get drinking heavy stouts when it's hot outside.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I am unbothered by drinking a heavy beer when it's hot outside. As long as I'm inside in climate controlled environment.