main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    My beer guy surprised with a saved a rare bottle that went fast,

[​IMG]

Slightly tart, slightly chocolatey and so good.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm heading to Seattle next week. Anyone have insight into the one beer (okay, maybe two) I should get while I'm there that I can't get here?

3. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Eater says you should try these places. Cloudburst and Mollusk sound interesting!

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Check out something from Elysian. They are fantastic!

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    fremont and pike both make great stuff, still gotta try a few of those places on eater.

6. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Opened a 2013 Bourbon County Backyard Berry Rye last night to honor a good friend & coworker's last day working with us. He's going to manage the kitchen of our new Upper East Side location and losing him as a coworker is a real bummer. But man, what a beer to mark the occasion. The aging really mellowed out the alcohol burn and brought forward so much berry flavor. So thankful to have been gifted that bottle and to have great friends to share it with.

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Home for the rest of the day. Opening a bottle of Finally Legal, a bourbon barrel aged stout by Weyerbacher.

8. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Weyerbacher is one of my favorite breweries. I loved their Tiny and Old Heathen. Tonight I'm drinking a Cigar City Jai Alai[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I enjoy original Jai Alai, but something about that White Oak variant was really unpleasant to me. Almost everyone else at work loved it, but I tasted it blind (my boss gave me a glass without saying what it was) and I really disliked it.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  10. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I really like the white oak treatment, gives it an almost vanilla flavor. And peach white oak jai alai is even better!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    I wasn't a fan of the peach . But I'm bias, I don't enjoy fruit in my beer usually.

12. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Maybe I need to revisit the White Oak. Maybe I'll order a case for my store next week and give it another go.

13. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Having a Dancing Pierre front Central 28, a local brewery. Very nice and refreshing. Distinct Belgian yeast, spicy, medium hop profile. Enjoyable. xblackout , I may set one aside and send it your was as well.

[​IMG]

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Going to open a bottle of Carnal Knowledge In The Wood by Tyranena.

Very tasty.

WookatMe likes this.
  15. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    That can is incredible WookatMe [face_laugh]

Had a really great sour IPA from Stillwater & Buxton while I watched the Cavs earlier. Then popped open a can from a local-ish brewery, Industrial Arts. Their Power Tools DIPA is providing great refreshment while I make some braised pork shoulder and some "daal"-ish black lentils!

DarthIntegral and WookatMe like this.
  16. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Enjoying a 3 Daughters A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale while watching Doctor Who. It's very good. You wouldn't think the roasty coffee flavor with mix with a blonde, but it works very well, actually!

xblackout likes this.
  17. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks for posting that. I try my best to avoid any craft brewery that's been acquired by a large macrobrewer. Even if I love their stuff (Breckenridge), I'd rather give my money to a true, local, small brewer and promote that. Plus, long term, the AB-InBev and MillerCoors acquisition of Craft Brewers could be terrible for the overall beer market.

WookatMe likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I had these really odd tasting citrus beers. Shock Top brand. The lemon shandy was the best of the bunch.

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm pretty much the same. i was really bummed when elysian was bought by ab, and now another favorite lagunitas has been bought by heineken for a freaking billion dollars.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  21. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I drink what I like the taste of. I can't sit on an Apple computer, using Facebook and listening to Disney music and then turn around and say I won't drink any beer owned by a big corporation. All I can do is go out of my way to support local and craft beer, wine, food as much as feasible.

But also, 10 Barrel is still run by the same brewmasters, still brews locally and uses local ingredients, still employs a bunch of local people, etc. They give back to the local community and so on. Why would I stop supporting that just because their parent company is now AB In Bev?

22. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    [​IMG] Cigar City usually makes quality products. I'm not sure about the Aleworks. I haven't sampled much from them.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    That Black Forest sounds amazing!!!

24. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Agreed. I don't usually grab chocolate stouts but there's something about cherry with bourbon and chocolate . Those seem like they all good amazing together. I'll let you know how it is.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Omg you guys

My local liquor store added Cigar City. I picked up two varieties (the only two they had).

I'm so excited

Healer_Leona and WookatMe like this.