main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Yea I can't stand pumpkin beers and the only PB stout I've had is from DuClaw and it's crazy sweet and odd tasting IMHO. [​IMG]
    This is what I'm drinking tonight . It's nice flavor, reminds me of the original Jai Alai . And I don't see many IPAs with 9.2% alc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starfish likes this.
  2. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Just picked this up. Idk when I'll be cracking open this cold one.[​IMG]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    arrrrrrghghghgh

I miss this thread so much. In order to loose weight, I have given up beer. This makes me soooo sad.

Though I'm not sad at the money I now have as I bought the crafty expensive ones.

4. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    and what did my beer store just post in fb... A New Holland Dragon's Milk S'mores stout. :( :(

xblackout and AplagueOnTheWise like this.
  5. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    The New Holland Dragon Milk is good on its own, id love to try the smores version.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  6. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I know me too!

I feel after a month I should be able to go get one and treat myself. I may head out there tomorrow. We'll see.

7. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I've tried their chili variant and raspberry lemon, but learning about this smores one just cause me to send 4 all-caps texts to my co-beer buyer in a panic. Time for me to harass our reps on Sunday haha.

And I hear you on the giving up beer for weight loss thing, Freida. I need to start drinking wayyyy less because of weight gain but it's so hard working in the industry. And, naturally, I'm sitting here drinking an Omnipollo NOA [face_dunno] But it's so delicious (pecan mud pie stout)! And they just canned it for the first time!

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Alcohol intake management as a component in weight-loss/weight-management strategies sucks. I limit myself to drinking alcohol to at most one day a week as my method of control. It generally means I've not gotten to try much of the Craft Whiskey market, because there are so many amazing beers I want to try, that I always go for those on my alcohol night. And, typically, if i'm out, in the form of a sampler flight, rather than enjoying a full pint of anything.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  9. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Or you could always switch to vodka. No calories hahaha..

Healer_Leona likes this.
  10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I've actually switched to vodka and diet tonic as drink of choice. The beers I drank were definitely the higher end of calories and carbs. Actually haven't to the point of treating myself one day a week, but I will in the future.

Still contemplating getting a bottle of the dragon's Milk though. :p

11. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    ^^just grab one and treat yourself. I also did the vodka and no beer thing for years and lost a lot of weight and kept it off. Then......I gave in and went back to the Love of my Life, beer!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Sadly, the S'mores Dragon Milk was sold out, but I picked up a bottle of The Bruery's Share This O.C.- an imperial stout with orange zest, cacao nibs and vanilla beans. Matt, by beer guy was there and said he wondered what happened to me the last couple weeks. lol

xblackout and DarthIntegral like this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, I almost always buy local beer. If I'm in California, I buy beer brewed in California. If I'm in Ohio, I buy Ohio beer. When I go to my local liquor store, I buy Colorado Beer. However, on my last trip to the store, I deviated, and have been rewarded. In addition to the Cigar City I've enjoyed, I picked up this little treasure: Cherry Gose by Southern Tier Brewing in New York.

Oh my God, you guys. The hints of coriander in the beer were amazing. It was an imperial sour, and blew my mind with the mix of pungent and sweet. The flavor, the aroma, the look, and the finish. This was an almost perfect beer.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would drink that!

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I also usually try to buy local beers but today I really wanted a sour and was not near the brewery that has several on tap, so I got this one instead:

[​IMG]

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i've had that. not my favorite lagunitas, but by no means terrible.

17. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I like Aunt Sally, but definitely not in love with it. I did bring in a couple cases of that to feature along with Lagunitas Dark Swan (which fleeeewwww out the door but everyone said it wasn't nearly as good as last year) because people love Lagunitas and people love sours now.

We recently started receiving beer from a new craft brewery in Ireland called Lough Gill. Treating myself to a can of their Rebel imperial stout right now. Pretty good, nice bitterness balanced with the sweetness I expect from an imperial. A little thinner than expected but enjoyable.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  18. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Stone Triple IPA was pretty tasty.the backend had a nice orange vanilla aroma. Stone is from Cali and Virginia. Now the Founders Doom.......AMAZING. Never had an IPA taste like this but I immediately went back to the store and bought every single one. The bourbon adds a nice sweet smokey flavor to the bitter citrus of the hops. Besides Jai Alai, this is the best IPA of the year. Overall the Stone I give a 5.5/6 the Founders I give a 9.5

19. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I've got a bottle of Doom in the fridge, just waiting for the right time to drink it considering how strong it is. A friend likened it more to a strong ale than an IPA because of the barrel aging and malt presence. Very excited to try it considering how much I love Founders and they do BA beer so well.

I spent most of Friday through Sunday at work but when I wasn't there I had some great beers! Grimm released 2 new sours and a new stout and I shared all three with a good friend. The sours were phenomenal -- a pineapple gose aged on oak and a double dry-hopped sour (I meant to grab bottles of the pineapple to share with more people but they sold so fast that I couldn't!) -- and the stout could maybe use some aging/maybe I shouldn't have had it after two sours. It's an imperial stout brewed with vanilla beans and cacao but I didn't really get any of those flavors.

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I went camping and forgot to pack any good beer... :(

Also, is there a way to resize these photos before we post them? They're huge! LOL

starfish likes this.
  21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I went camping and forgot to pack any good beer... :(

Also, is there a way to resize these photos before we post them? They're huge! LOL

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Tim... :(

Saw a post from beer place that they just got in WootStout by Stone. This time I was not going to miss out. Picked up a couple bottles since they didn't have a limit at the time. When I got home I saw they then made it a one bottle limit. hehehe

Also picked up a can of Noa by Omnipollo since it was a stout and decide to open it now. One of the tastiest stouts I've had and didn't know it was listed on untappd as Noa Pecan Mud Cake Stout. Talk about delicious!

Strilo and xblackout like this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am addicted to the nitro milk stout from left hand brewery. that is all.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Welcome to the dark side of beer. [face_devil]

starfish, DarthIntegral and tom like this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    that was the first Nitro I had, and I really liked it. It fooled me into thinking I would continue to like Nitros. I've had maybe a dozen more and I'm still looking for a second nitro I like.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  26. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i've had a couple other left hand ones that were pretty good, the sawtooth ale stands out. they also have an imperial stout nitro that i would love to try, but that's about all my experience with nitros other than the classic guiness.