main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Omnipollo Noa is soooooo goooood! It's like drinking dessert.

2. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Omnipollo is delicious. But unfortunate I can't stomach any Nitro stouts. For me it take away from the flavor and all you
    Taste is the creamy nitro flavor that it gives the beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Frieda: W00T!!!!!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Guys, I fell off the wagon and am drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade and other flavors. :(

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I finally broke into the Imperial Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter from Horny Goat Brewing I bought a little while back. (I'm trying to clean out all the beer I have before I move. It's altruistic). The beer was incredible. So smooth. And the chocolate and peanut butter came through in unexpected abundance.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  8. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    That beer sounds delicious Inty! Where are you moving?

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Staying in the Denver Metro area, just to home big enough for the twins and my expanded family, plus a slightly better school district.

xblackout likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I was asking for help from this predicament, but I mailed all of my Mike's to you in vengeance.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I had the pleasure of savoring every drop of a Slight Sour Black Ale from Acidulous Brewing Company last night. The sour was prominent, but not over the top, and the balance of flavours was just about perfect.

Also - I'm kind of excited. My new house is not far from Caution Brewing, who I've had one beer from - an Earl Grey Tea Beer (yes, brewed with Earl Grey Tea) that was amazing - and I'm excited to try more of their stuff.

12. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I want to see more beers brewed with tea. I feel like the tannins and the hops work so well together! Jack's Abby & Finback recently did a collab that was brewed with green tea (Jack's Abby added citrus, Finback added watermelon) and it was beautiful. MORE TEA BEER.

Since I'm playing home nurse for the next...however many days and need to keep up on my own ~self care~ as well as doing the very stressful care-for-this-large-person-with-a-brand-new-ACL thing, I treated myself to some fun bottles to have at home. Founders new addition to their abbreviation series, DKML...Dick Kicker Malt Liquor because obviously the market was really lacking in barrel-aged malt liquors. Also grabbed the new Dogfish coconut IPA and their vanilla oak-aged variant of World Wide Stout.

tom, DarthIntegral and WookatMe like this.
  13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    We need more coconut beers that are not IPAs. I feel like I need more good coconut beers ala Kona Coco Brown.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the maui brewing coconut porter was really good when i had it at the brewery. they sell it here in cans but i have yet to try it.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I had a decent Coconut Stout from Scarlet Lane brewing in Indiana. And a wonderful Coconut Brown Ale from Lone Tree Brewing in Colorado.

16. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Oskar Blues does Death by Coconut which is a chocolate coconut porter and Evil Twin just recently released Even More Coco Jesus (a variant on Even More Jesus that has maple and coconut). Schlafly also released a Coconut Creme Ale this year that they're making a year-round offering (cream ale brewed with pineapple and aged on coconut).

tom and DarthIntegral like this.
  17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Get to have a beer this weekend.
    Picked up a DKML by Founders. Thought it was just the fact I've lost any tolerance having one every two weeks or so, but then I was posting to untappd and discovered it had an ABV of 14.2%...

WookatMe, xblackout and DarthIntegral like this.
  18. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Healer_Leona how was that? I was iffy on buying a malt frickin liquor, so I delayed my purchase.

WookatMe likes this.
  19. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I had a small pour from someone's bottle the other day and it tasted like a sweet whiskey, very intense.

WookatMe likes this.
  20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Yep, that what it tasted like to me... from what I remember lol

WookatMe likes this.
  21. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Whenever I hear Malt Liquor all I think of is Schlitz , Steel, and Olde E. but then again it IS Founders, and they rarely, if ever, screw up. Their Doom and RiDANKulous are amazing and what I've been dranking lately

WookatMe likes this.
  22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm heading back to San Diego tomorrow, so I am hoping to visit Stone this time. Also, I want to see about another bottle of W00t Stout.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I had this wonderful stout on Friday called Dead Irish Poet. I had three of them in fact, and no dinner. I then proceeded to have the worst hangover. But it was worth it.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I have been working hard all week and have the coming week off. Today, I ve been incredibly busy but still managed to workout almost an hour, hard so I can splurge on a beer. I've decided to celebrate with a big beer. A Cigar City Hunaphu Imperial Stout that I've been aging for 2 years, or maybe it's 3. I wanted to save it for a special occasion (Packer superbowl but oh well). Does again increase the abv? It tastes much stronger than the 11% I remember it starting with.

xblackout and WookatMe like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm drinking Roarin' Riot rye pale ale from NODA Brewing. It's a beer specifically brewed for Panthers fans. :D

WookatMe and Healer_Leona like this.
  26. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Finally bought and tasted that DKML... initial taste is whiskey and in your face delicious... it's the back end that you really taste that strong malt flavor. It's a good beer. Doubt I could drink more than 1 in a sitting, maybe2 if I'm already drunk.