The Official Dark Nest I: The Joiner King Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amused knight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Don't know quite yet. I know that it is a jump to hyperspace and that is it. Quite good so far even though I have only been able to read the prologue.
  2. Darth_Hydra Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd appreciate any spoilers you can give us. Thanks in advance. BTW, I don't mind if it takes you a few days to post any spoilers since it takes time to actually read the book.
  3. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight

star 7
    quoting the infamous vanilla ice?
  4. Master-Mace Jedi Youngling

Man, I was debating on ordering it from wal-mart.com too.

[face_frustrated] I knew I should've.
  5. Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ten days! Ten days!

And I've just finished the sixth Harry Potter...The Half-Blood Prince AND The Joiner King in the same month...I think I'm going to cry.

Of course, assuming that the Australian release date will also be July 26th...[face_praying]
  6. jainasolo2001 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just ordered it from Walmart.com and it will arrive this Tuesday!
  7. DarthAJ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I hope I dont have to read the whole NJO, to understand this one.
  8. Amused knight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    O.K. I have only read a couple chapters but here are a few spoilers:

SPOILER SPACE FOLLOWS:

Jaina, Lowbacca, and Tesar are testifying against pirates as it opens, Tahiri is on Zonama Sekot mediating the YV, the Shamed Ones now call themselves the Extolled Ones, Jacen is with Akanah and the Fallanassi. They all hear the calling and leave their respective places. Akanah tells Jacen that the Jedis new view of the Force worries her "And it troubles my heart to see their folly now rivals their arrogance."

That is just the prologue I will give a few more spoilers later. And no, you do not have to read the NJO to understand it.

9. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight

star 5
    HER????????????

[face_talk_hand] :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

I knew it. Botched.

And they cancelled Sith era.
  10. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    That sanctimonious ***** is in this novel? Oh no she didn't. [face_talk_hand] SHE is going to tell LUKE SKYWALKER how to do things?

Where was her superior character when she lied to him using something as sacred as his mother to get him to take her to her people. [face_talk_hand]
  11. Amused knight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    SPOILERS:

Coruscant: A new Jedi temple in the shape of a pyramid. A group of Masters are meeting.
    The Jedi are spread thin taking care of the problems of the GFFA. They are being used like a private police force and the Jedi do not like it much. Seat of government was moved back to Coruscant but it was a disaster.

END SPOILERS.
  12. Dante_Glass Jedi Master

star 4
    Is one of the masters Kyle Katarn!?!?!
  13. Csillan_girl Jedi Master

star 5
    Can you tell me more about the Chiss is the book? (yeah, I had to ask!! :p )

Not Akanah... [face_groan] That's even worse than Callista!!
  14. Amused knight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    SPOILERS:

Cal Omas brings Chiss Aristocra Mitt'swe'kleoni to the Jedi so he can complain about seven Jedi in the Chiss' space. Cal almost orders Luke ot go and get them. The Jedi are not liking the new government.
  15. Csillan_girl Jedi Master

star 5
    So they're using the family names Zahn set up in SQ?

Nice...

Any mention of the Empire of the Hand??
  16. DarthTerrious Jedi Master

star 5
    Sounds like the independent Jedi Order that was called for in TUF has been ignored (or did I read teh novel differently?).

Why are the Jedi once again puppets of a new government?

And what the hell are they doing bringing Akanah back? [face_plain]

17. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight

star 7
    i really dont like that is portraying the jedi as the governments *****
  18. killfire Jedi Master

star 4
    Jacen and Akanah, if that isn't a dream team I don't know how to spell sarcasm.
  19. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Can someone tell me who Akanah is?
  20. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Akanah is an even bigger waste of trees than Mara.

She was Luke's GF that basically lied to him about knowing who his mother was and where she was. All she did was use Luke to find something she wanted, by dangling the idea of his mather in front of him. She is liar and manipulator. She also slept with him and bragged about it.

I find it unbelievable that everyone from the past lived through the YV invasion, that is related to Luke in any way, except Chewie and Anakin. Can Danni the Zeltron be far behind?
  21. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight

star 5
  22. JediAlly Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, from the little tidbits I've read in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jedi start beginning to feel frustrated with the galaxy and political bodies. They were feared and distrusted in the PT. The NR practically sold them out to the Yuuzhan Vong. And now this. I also wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this series or the upcoming Legacy series a bunch of Jedi decide to adopt the Fallanassi isolationist policy - concentrate on protecting a community that wants to remain isolated from the galaxy. If the galaxy wants their help, flip the bird at them and tell them to go **** themselves.
  23. ThrawnVader1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Gah...Akanah and the Fallanassi were the worst part of the BFC. My heart aches to hear those self-righteous, ridiculous pacifists return. Hopefully Akanah will die and Luke will put the rest of the Fallanassi fools in their place.
  24. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight

star 5
    And of course, they'll let on and on about how evil vader was, when the chemical thing was an accident.
  25. WarmasterDan Jedi Knight

star 6
    Those spoilers make the book sounds like crap, IMO. Adding the worries I already had against any post-NJO works going in, I don't think I'll be buying it. Probably just library Joiner King.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.