main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dark Nest I: The Joiner King Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    but the important question we all want answered however...is Kyle Katarns role in the Dark Nest triology start in the Joiner King?

2. Amused knight

Amused knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Don't judge a book by the prologue and part of the first chapter.
    I was always terrible with book reports, so I am not giving you all the details.
    And I have not had a chance to read a lot since I got it; but, here are another spoiler or two:

Kyle Katarn has not been mentioned yet. Corran, Kyp, Mara, Luke, and Saba were the only Masters named at the meeting. There is also an Ewok that has the death mark on ten systems.

Mull that over.

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    These spoilers add some fuel to the "Cal Omas=evil?" theory, so it seems... [face_thinking]

4. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    lol, not another palpatine

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So the Jedi don't stay on Ossus then?

JB

6. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Nice spoilers.. seems to be interesting to read, but also something very new and unexpected.

I don´t think moving the government back to Coruscant was a good idea.. but the new Jedi Temple shape I like.

In case you need more spoilers, follow the link in my signature. on the homepage you find a link to the board, there within the temporary discussion fix you find a spoiler thread that is regulary updating with info on the book by people who have it. maybe some stuff not posted here can be found there ;-) or so I believe!

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Are Han and Leia in this book? I don't want to waste my money if they're not in it!

8. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm any more spoilers soon?

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    You could always check it out from the library. I believe they were in the dramatis personae that was released.

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Han and Leia are kinda on the first two DN covers.

12. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Wait didn't you say that Jacen was with her? Maybe she's just hearing Jacen's view of the Force and she's unhappy with what he's spinning to her thinking they all think like that.

13. Amused knight

Mar 14, 2000
    Spoilers:

Yes Han and Leia are in it. The Big Three are in the middle of the story. Leia is not to thrilled with the Jedi's new view of the Force either. Jacen has been travelling the Galaxy for the last five years learning all the different Force philosophies there are. He was with Akanah and the Fallanassi when he left to find Jaina and the other Myrkyr survivors.

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    hey, just curious, cause I know this will be asked eventually.........what is Leia's Jedi status? Has she finally been acknowledged as a Jedi?

15. Cil

Cil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Hmm... Thanks for the spoils. [face_dancing]

Just don't give to much away ;)

16. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Does the book give any discription of the look of Coruscant?

and of how many Jedi there are?

17. Amused knight

Mar 14, 2000
    Spoilers:

Leia is considered a Jedi, however, at the end, which I have not gotten to, she asks Saba to be her Master. Coruscant is both Coruscant and Yhuuzantaar(spelling).

18. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    So it seems they really are completely ignoring everything about Luke and Leia during the Bantam seris of books where Luke was her master and where she had already gained the title of Jedi Knight. Ugh.

DR has just once again show how crappy (insert nasty words) they are. Sorry the author as well if this is true.

I am glad Leia is not happy of the Jedi's view on the force. Still her horrible treatment just continues it seems.

19. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    being a jedi isn't so much about power of the force as it is about a way of life. If you look at the power of the initial twelve students at the academy under luke, they didn't have much more use of the Force than Luke during the Empire strikes back, and he declared them knights.

A lot more of it is to do with mentality

Her training with Saba may simply be to increase her control over the Force, to bring her more on a par with Mara

20. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Maybe, but I can imagine Leia didn't use the Force much for a while so maybe she needed some retraining.

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I agree with this - maybe there are some new techniques of uses of the Force she needs a refresher course on. And if you want to blame Del Rey for ignoring something - Leia was considered a Jedi in Dark Empire I believe, but JAT books ignored that. Zahn DID have her in action as a Jedi in Vision of the Future (and maybe Specter of the Past) so she was Jedi in that, but then the NJO ignored that.

There might be some special training she needs for the future or something (different lightsaber techniques or something like that). I'm glad Saba will hopefully be her master, that'll be cool. :)

22. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Here's something to chew on - Jacen finally gets laid, or so I hear.

23. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    That is right. She was considered a Jedi in the Dark Empire series and that's before Jedi Academy and everything else came out. It was stated in universe and by the authors/narrator as well several times throughout that sereis. Ugh.

24. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE EXCERPT:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

EXCERPT:

EXCERPT
    One

Evening had come to Unity Green, and the first hawk-bats were already out, dipping down to pluck yammal-jells and coufee eels from the rolling whitecaps on Liberation Lake. On the far shore, the yorik coral bluffs that marked the edge of the park had grown purple and shadowed. Beyond them, the durasteel skeletons of the rising skytowers gleamed crimson in the setting sun. The planet remained as much Yuuzhan?tar as Coruscant, and in many ways that would never change. But it was at peace. For the first time in Luke Skywalker?s life, the galaxy was truly not at war?and that counted for everything.

There were still problems, of course. There always would be, and today several senior Masters were struggling to address the chaos that Jaina and four other young Jedi Knights had caused by abruptly abandoning their duties and departing for the Unknown Regions.

?Lowbacca was the only one who completely understood the biomechanics of the Maledoth,? Corran Horn was saying in his throaty voice. ?So, as you can see, the Ramoan relocation project has ground to a complete standstill.?

Luke reluctantly shifted his gaze from the viewport to the council room?s speaking circle, where Corran stood using a laser- wand to highlight the holographic projection of a huge Yuuzhan Vong slaveship. The Jedi order had been hoping to use the vessel to evacuate the population of a dying world.

Corran flicked the laserwand, and the holograph switched to the image of blast-pocked asteroid miner. ?The situation in the Maltorian mining belt is deteriorating as well. Without Zekk there to lead the hunt, Three-Eye?s pirates have the run of the system. Raw material shipments have fallen by fifty percent, and RePlanetHab is trying to buy them off.?

?That?s one circuit we need to kill now,? Mara said. Seated in the chair next to Luke?s, she was?as usual?the first to cut to the heart of the matter. That was one of the things Luke most admired about her; in a time when the smallest decision carried ramifications that even a Columi dejarik champion could not predict, his wife?s instincts remained steady and true. ?If rehab conglomerates start buying off pirates, we?ll have marauders popping up all over the Core.?

The other Masters voiced their agreement.

?Fine,? Corran said. ?Where do we find a replacement for Zekk??

No one rushed to answer. The Jedi were spread too thin already, with most Jedi Knights?and even some apprentices?already assigned three tasks. And as the ranks of the greedy and the selfish grew ever more adept at manipulating the Galactic Alliance Senate, the situation seemed increasingly desperate.

Finally, Kyp Durron said, ?The Solos should be finished on Borao soon.? Dressed in threadbare cape and tunic, wearing his brown hair long and shaggy, Kyp looked as though he had just come in from a long mission. He always looked like that. ?Maybe RePlanetHab will be patient if they know they?re the Solos? next assignment.?

The silence this time was even longer than the last. Strictly speaking, the Solos were not available for assignments. Han wasn?t even a Jedi, and Leia?s status was completely informal. The council just kept asking them to help out, they just kept doing it, and every Master in the room knew the order had been exploiting the Solos? selfless natures for far too long.

?Someone else needs to contact them,? Mara finally said. ?It?s getting so bad that Leia cringes whenever she sees Luke?s face on the holocomm.?

?I can do it,? Kyp offered. ?I?m used to making Leia cringe.?

?That takes care of Maltoria,? Corran said. ?Now, what about the Bothan ar?krai? Alema?s last report suggested that Reh?mwa and his fundamentalists had a line on Zonama Sekot?s location. They were provisioning the Avengeance for a scouting mission into the Unknown Regions.?

A subtle eddy in the Force drew Luke?s attention toward the entrance. He raised a hand to stop the discussion.

?Excuse me.? He turned tow

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    WOOOOOT... cool excerpt, thx alot, where did you get this from? is there more coming?

Nice to see some loose ends taken care of... like Coruscant/Yuzhantar, Jedi and Galactic Alliance politics, etc.

sadly.. it seems to be worse than before the NJO for the galaxy.. typical post-war troubles, etc. I hope by the end of Dark Nest trilogy, these are overcome mostly and the Legacy leads us into a more peaceful era,at last in its end the galaxy shall return to normal peaceful state in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.