The Official Dark Nest I: The Joiner King Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleventh_Guard Force Ghost

star 5
    ow, my brain.

I need to re-read that scene.

[face_beatup]
  2. GirlJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I wanted to put in a post about how much I enjoyed the entire Dark Nest series. I love Denning's writing, and feel he is one of the best SW writers, he is about my favorite. The whole bug thing was kinda gross, but in a good way. I enjoyed seeing Leia become a Jedi Knight, under Seba's tutelage - she is a great character. Also great to see the Skywalker family, and the Solos too, and their relationships. I like how he writes Luke best of all, and felt he wrote Mara and Ben just fine too. I loved how it was Luke who took care of the Queen in the end.

the NJO series was good, but this was a nice reprieve, because the overall arc is shorter, yet it is still Star WArs.
  3. JediDarT Jedi Master

star 1
    wow i haven't posted here in a long time. i kinda just was walking through the bookstore the other day and saw Betrayal and Bloodlines and didnt even KNOW there were new books out!!

back to the Joiner King, i finished it about a week or so back, now on the Unseen Queen.

i agree about the whole Mara thing. i don't hate her, but i don't like the spotlight she's in.

not hot about the 'new' Force thing either. i haven't read the Legacy books, but it sure looks like Jacen is going down a dangerous path

as much as i'm a fan of the NJO and the YJK, i really want to see some of the old crew (Corran, Kyp, Wedge, Lando) back in action. it's been too long!
  4. Lord_Chabelo Jedi Padawan

I finaly got around to reading this book, I had bought it a long time ago and just hadn't had the time to read it. I certainly loved the way they developed some characters (Jacen and Ben) but I absolutely hated what they did to Jaina.
  5. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    What, exactly, did "they" (who?) do to her?
  6. Lord_Chabelo Jedi Padawan

Troy Denning and his insects made Jaina a joiner!
  7. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Random story:

So my mother likes to listen to books on tape in the car (so do I). Well I had bought this one to listen to when I was going on a trip when the book first came out. I left it at home before going back to college and mom grabbed it last week when she was driving down to Nashville. She said she listened to the whole thing, however it had to be the strangest thing she has ever heard. She will never look at a bug the same way. She is a huge Harrison Ford fan though and loved the line "Bugs. Why did it have to be bugs" or something like that cuz he says that as Indiana Jones with "snakes" (or something like that).
  8. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Jacen doesn't alter time. He can't. It's a causation loop.

Which, of course, is fun fodder for short stories. I wonder if Karen Traviss will write a story set during RotS about Clone Troopers tracking Jacen Solo through the Jedi Temple when he just suddenly...poof!...disappears.
  9. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    You are not familiar with such a basic Indiana Jones line? You are hereby banned from these boards until you watch all three Indiana Jones movies, preferably at least twice.
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    :( I have seen the movies many times, but I don't remember quotes well!!!
  11. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    You're still banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.