main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Master_Keralys posted on 8/29/05 10:13am
    Simple, actually. We know (a) that Lumiya will be fairly heavily involved in the Legacy of the Force era series (that's what they said at C3, and pretty explicitly); (b) that the stuff going on in Dark Nest will all have been resolved by the end of the Swarm War (though the characters themselves will of course still be developing in new directions), and therefore may concluded that (c) Lumiya will not be a player in the Dark Nest trilogy, for if she were her part would have to be FINISHED by the end of the trilogy, and we know she's a player in Legacy. So while no one has ever explicitly said "she's not in DN," we know from simple logic that she can't be, because she'd have to have been dealt with by the end of this trilogy for TD's statements to that effect to be true, yet we know that she hasn't for the C3 comments to still hold true[hr][/blockquote]

"Everything will be resolved" doesn't necessarily mean... well, that [i]everything will be resolved[/i]. Supposedly the New Jedi Order series was self-contained and everything was resolved by the end of TUF; the Vong war ended, of course, but there were still the issues of the disappearance of the Empire of the Hand, a few houses of Chiss, the MIA characters from SbS, and the controversey over the new Jedi philosophy. I believe that the Dark Nest will be gone and the Killik/Chiss border crisis resolved by the end of the trilogy, but there definitely will be a lot of things that carry over to the LotF series. It's long been stated that DN bridges the NJO and Legacy Eras. Why not do so by introducing a major villain of the LotF series?

Besides, Lomi Plo being the "unseen queen" would be extremely anticlimactic. Besides the fact that every single character has already guessed she leads the Dark Nest by the end of TJK, Lomi is a character with little backround and just doesn't seem the type to be a "big threat."

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    so lomi isn´t it because it is too obvious.. maybe Callista returns! or welk had his sex changed and is the unseen queen.

doesn´t matter, the facts are the same.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Was he in TJK dp?

I would hope we get a least a couple of references in TUQ.

4. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    No, Ghent wasn't listed in TJK dp. I too hope the whole Padme-R2 issue will be expanded. I think running with details and outcomes there could carry into the next series... any connections to the origianl movies always makes for a strong novel. Also considering if Del wants to try to lure in more fans that have sparked up from ROTS. [face_thinking]

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

What do you mean? Ghent was in Joiner King. Or do you mean cast list in the front?

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    He means the Dramatis Personae in the front.

7. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    I was amazed by what Denning was able to do with just one scene between Jacen and Tenel. Before TJK, I was a big Jacen/Danni supporter. But now, after reading Troy's take on where Tenel Ka and Jacen Solo are as character's and where they are now as friends, I'm very much looking forward to my Star Wars having some romance in it again.

8. JacenSolo132

JacenSolo132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    "Unseen Queen" can have a double meaning. Perhaps Lomi Plo, perhaps the unborn child of Tenel Ka. (If she's the one who will have one)

9. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    why cant leia be the unseen queen? she is a princess, and now wants to come into her own power of the force. kinda what queens do.

10. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I've been lurking around, but this last post just put me thinking... [face_thinking]

What if the Unseen Queen is Padmé? She appeared in TJK, so I think that... maybe...

You get my point... ;)

*Goes back to lurking*

11. Scoobster

Scoobster Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    hmmmm...

i dunno i still think its lomi. then again, whose bones were those at the crash site?

12. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Troy loves his plot twists though, and Lomi would be so.. obvious, you know? :confused:

13. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    maybe the Unseen Queen is... Tarfang! a shemale ewok!

lomi is too obvious. leia and padme are in no way TUQ. lymia won´t appear. so surprise, it is someone new, or it is lomi, or it is someone unexpected. why not be patient?

14. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Well if the Zekk/Jaina-Jag thing continues, Zekk could be the title character. [face_shhh]

Creepy, creepy, creepy.

15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    after watching ANH the first time everybody thought Luke/Leia would be it. TESB changed that and ROTJ made it official. so lets wait. these books paralell the movies!

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Only ROTS storyline wise, thank bantha babes. Dark Rendezvous's and LOE's corny dialogue was enough.

"You almost cut my head with that swing, Anakin!"
    "Sorry, Master. My blade goes where it's needed."

:rolleyes:

Joiner King had true humour: What did you call your droids, Thul blinks? Bugcrunchers, is Solo's flippant reply. Classic!

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

"YVH bugcrunchers," Han said over the combat channel. "Go BAM. Use your detonators."

"BAM status requires authorization--"

"Do it!" Han shouted so loudely that his voice reverberated out of five other helmets. "Do it [i]now[/i]!"

"Authorization code [i]do it now[/i] accepted," Bug One said. The soft crump of the droid's grenade launcher sounded from the head of the line. "[i]By Any Means[/i] status--"[hr][/blockquote]

[blockquote][hr][i]Our boyfriend means business[/i], Zekk observed.
    [i]Don't know that it's him. And it's[/i] old [i]boyfriend.[/i]
    [i]Right. We're so over him.[/i]
    [i]We?[/i][hr][/blockquote]

18. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

And in SBS, there was something M-TD told a Hunter as Calrissian was briefing the operatives, that made its eyes glitter dangerously red. [face_laugh]

19. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    this is why we love star wars isn´t it? the FUN!

20. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Alema didn't die at the end of TJK.... she could be the Queen....

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    well to get all your minds completely off track:

maybe it is Taa chume, Tenel Kas grandma who once again is free and planning revenge? unseen fits, queen fits as well.

or it is Jaina, and that´s why she is so weird?

or it is tenel ka and she was out of range for a reason, lying about not answering the call, but in fact she went there and returned later, and that´s why she wanted to pull Jacen in, get pregnant and send the fleet to help their killik nests with an excuse, which was jacen!

so.. you see speculations are nothing difficult. but lets return to the facts.

22. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    It could still be Lumiya. She doesn't have to turn up, but she could be found out.

23. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I think now that we will at best get hints of Lumiya in the DN trilogy. I wouldn´t be surprised if The Unseen Queen means several different persons - Lomi Plo, Padme and Tenel Ka´s child(if she will get the child, and considering the SW tradition, I wouldn´t be surprised if she will have twins, by the way) - like so many has so many times before claimed.

24. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Twins runs on the female side of the family.
    Tenel would only have twins if her maternal line had twins.

Jaina might have twins, as her maternal line has lots of twins.

25. Jamez

Jamez Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    :confused: Didn't the spoilers indicate that there will be only one child? Or was it one birth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.