main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I didn't think Mara was going to be the one that dies because of what Zhahn said on how he would like to do a Luke, Mara & Ben story after LOTF.

How? LOTF spans 100 years. All the old ones will be dead by then.

And just because he says he wants to do a book doesn't mean he will. His SQ didn't seem that liked. It was boring, because ultimately, no matter how much tinsel and blinky lights and such that they try to put on Luke and Mara, they are very boring and unexciting. They are both odd and high strung and haughty, but in differnet ways. Not the kind of people you think of inviting to your party. They seem downright unfriendly and antisocial.

Han and Leia are much more entertaining, and more of a team because neither are missing anything.
    With L&M, the authors keep insisting in every book, how fatally flawed they are without each other. Not whole healthy happy people. That they don't do as well when they aren't together, so the solution is for them to be vitual siamese twins and it's rather pathetic.
    In fact with the JK, they seem more boring, self absorbed, and dark than ever.
    No wonder Ben retreats from them. He's the fifth wheel in this deal. The non-insta bonded.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I got the impression that the Legacy Era spanned 100 years, not the LotF series itself.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I have seen claims that the LotF ERA spans 200 years. Who knows? Most likely it will continue to extend the SW timeline as further and further in the future as long the fans are ready to buy the books (and hopefully, also comics).;)

It wouldn´t be surprising if Luke would be put in the same place as his dad in ROTS. Save the woman you love or do the right thing. If... when Mara does die, then hopefully it will be a meaningful death.

I liked SQ. Mara and Luke were in it better than they were in the NJO books.

4. JacenSolo132

JacenSolo132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I believe it was an interview with Troy Denning in which he gave hints that it may be possible that a character would die. But it wasn't a major character.

5. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Mara won't die, maybe sometime near the end of LOTF but not early. It's been said that Luke and Mara will see much action.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yes that's correct.

7. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I haven't been able to keep up to date on all the new series, but what is the LOTF supposed to be about anyway? And do the books about it come out after the 3DN end? And does the series take place "after" the DN series itself, or some other time down the road? If there is a thread about all this too, please, point me in that direction.

8. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    hey i'm new to this so i'll jsut dive in!

i'm a huge fan of Jacen also he's a wicked character! i love him. but wots this about him being a daddy?? i'm confused. care to explain??? plz

9. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    i agree i love jagged fel and jaina as a couple (soz to those who dont) but i love it when they're together. although troy denning is my favourite author . . . if he kills off jag i'll be very annoyed!!! [face_shame_on_you]

isn't there anyone else who wants jag to live???

10. jedimasterkipdurron

Aug 4, 2003
    No:cool: ......:p

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    then who do you want jaina to end up with??? :confused:
    Please tell me its not Kyp!!!
    Zekk???
    who?
    or do u want jaina killed?

12. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I just might have to burn my Star Wars book collection of Jaina ends up with anyone but Jag.. :p

13. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    i REALLY like jag but no one wants him and jaina to be together. i don't care they seem good together to me.
    i think jag's good! and stuff anyone else who says different!

14. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    [face_laugh] I agree. :p

I still like Kyp and Zekk.. Just not romantically connected to Jaina. At all. :p

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I think LOTF may have something to do with the direction of the jedi basically Luke will probably figured out what way the jedi should go as far as philosophy and approach. LOTF is a nine book series that is after DN i don't remember how long after SW it takes place.

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I know Dark Nest starts five years after TUF, and I think it ends at 8 years post-TUF. The Legacy Era begins immediately after Dark Nest, and the Legacy of the Force series begins 10 years after TUF.

17. jedimasterkipdurron

Aug 4, 2003
    Yes it's Kyp! :D [face_dancing] [face_peace]

18. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Aye.[face_peace]

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [face_peace] I'm an Ewok. Do I count?

But, yes - that boy is our only hope...

- The Imperial Ewok

20. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    i quite like jags character, it'd be nice to see him fleshed out, outside of jaina's influence. So he's his own person rather than 'Jainas love interest'

21. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I want Jaina killed. She's had the longest bout of PMS in the history if the GFFA. It's getting old and exceedingly annoying.

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    The timeline inside of The Joiner King says the trilogy is 35 ABY and TOS says the legacy era is 37 ABY. TOS also said the legacy era covers 100 years. So there will be a 2 year jump in between.

23. JediMinnow608

JediMinnow608 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    Have you not read 'The Joiner King"??

24. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Is Admiral Nek Bwua'tu the same Bothan who's carrying out "Ar'krai" (I dont have TJK with me, so I dont remember). Im excited about him, because it brings some military intrigue into the novel. Jedi and the military make things interesting, at least for me.

25. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I agree 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.