main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    :rolleyes: Please stop pushing your biased opinion as fact.:rolleyes:

2. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Sorry no. In my OPINION the Skywalkers/Solos are the most BORING people in existance in the SW universe.. thier not gonna kill another one so wheres the danger.. ohh right their isnt any, nor any illusion of it. This is why TOTJ type books would be good.. ohh god whats that thiers no lame uber-powerful scum that are powerful just because of thier last name. Get over it the movies are about the Skywalkers, the entire frigging EU shouldnt.

3. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    I would be a teensy bit more excited about The Swarm War if there was a chance that some of the major characters weren't going to survive. Not that I want to see any of them dead - there aren't any that I strongly dislike - but just the possibility, to provide dramatic tension, and then possibly one of them becoming one with the Force, so to speak, would be a good thing.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    first people were about to lynch authors and editors for killing Chewie (and to an extent Anakin), now you can't wait to see even more important characters die? :confused:

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I like seeing important characters die (well, from time to time).

6. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I like seeing them die fom time to time as well. I was upset about Chewie, but when Jacen bites it, I will be dancing for joy.

7. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    I just meant they should be in danger, because it adds a certain thrill when you really don't know whether they will survive or not. There's nobody I *want* to see die - although, and feel free to roast me for this, if Jacen died I would get plenty mad. Probably not mad enough to stop reading, but I wouldn't be happy. (This also is not going to happen in the immediate future.)

Still, I don't see why Mara and Han are "protected" as far as the Skywalker and Solo groups go... those are major characters who could go without really hurting future plots. Luke, Leia, Jaina, Jacen, Lil' Nameless, and Ben, not so much, yet, but possibly later. (And for the record I really like Han and am okay with Mara. I just think either of them could die and, aside from creating personal problems for those close to them, it wouldn't bring the galaxy to a halt.)

8. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I don't want to see any major characters killed off. I enjoy stories very well even knowing (especially knowing!) that the characters will survive to fight another day. How they resolve the problems facing them and escape and prevail despite
    difficult odds is what interests me. I'd rather see the growth and development of characters than their deaths. It's not hard for an author to kill off a character, but it IS more difficult to write that character well and make him/her fresh and interesting even after many adventures. I prefer creativity in writing characters than bloody deaths. And once a character is dead, he/she is no longer available to include in future stories. If Del Rey would have gotten their wish and would have killed off Luke Skywalker in VP, the SW galaxy and post RotJ EU would have been a far less enjoyable and interesting place, in my opinion.

9. JoeyCollee

JoeyCollee Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2005
    There are only two plausible ways for Han to die

1) Old age

2)Sacrificing himslef for family member. (most likely leia or jaina)

But for Mara there are many ways like Childbirth/miscarriage and a whole lot of others

10. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    If any SW's author killed off Mara Jade Skywalker, Jedi Master, and former Emperor's Hand with a miscarriage there would be an uproar.

Are you kidding me??? No Mara dies in battle, period. ::I dont think shell get the luxuary of old age::

Preferably to a lightsaber, and hopefully one held by a family member.

That would set up a potential solo/sywalker fued in the future, which would be fun. Im ready to see the skwalkers clean up the surname by getting rid of these solo wannabes.

11. JoeyCollee

JoeyCollee Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2005
    Does anyone know the uk release date for swarm war?

Also im looking forward to the Empire at war game

Soz for goin off topic, but hey shoot me!

I doubt anyone will die in Swarm War, im not sure what the gap between Swarm war and the legacy books are so could some1 die between them, like with sovv?

What is the gap between the books, will ben be a decent jedi, or an insect?

AND WILL THE KID HAVE A DAMNED NAME?

12. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that Denning said that the child will indeed have a name in TSW ...

13. Master_Shan

Oct 19, 2005
    OOO Vendication!!! Acoording to Insider the new LoTF thread WILL sport all little solo/skywalker clash.

In My opinion hot topics will include:

The Ben/Jacen master apprentice thing.
    Jedi loyalty to the republic [and I think the solos will be with the jedi]

Anyone up for a Leia versus Luke FINALLY done right??? Lets see who got daddy's blood proper.

14. poku_29

poku_29 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2005

how can you people even speculate with Han's death. What the heck would SW be without him? He is basically the ONLY character there is nowadays that still get frequent action time and is a non Jedi. He is also the ONlY truly HuMAN character. We get to read his mind working the same way that every nomal persons mind would. Not just forever going Jedi filosofies or Jainas ever going (at least before Zekk) war lust/thrill thinking, or Mara yet again worrying about her kid like some freak. Han is the "NORMAL" ordinary man who just happens to have a hapit of getting into trouble and surviving it in NORMAL HUMAN ways, which are much more interesting than all the super Jedi stuff that nowadays seem to fill the SW. HAN SOLO is the SOUL of Star Wars Universe. He is much more bigger in a way than anyone else, even (My OWN personal OPPINION, not arguing jus MY OWN OPPINION) Luke boy.

What is it actually with the WAR period in GFFA? Doesn't it bother you at all that now it seems that in every book since The hand of Thrawn the Galaxy is about to engulf into all out galaxy wide war?
    Remember books like Ambush at Corellia? Virtually a whole book without any Fight scene? Man I miss those times [face_tired]

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    There is no way Leia would fight Luke, and visa versa. Besides, Luke would destroy her as a result of her lack of experience.

Luke vs Jacen is far more likely.

16. Master_Shan

Oct 19, 2005
    This would occur in LOTF and im sure Leias training will be futher developed by then. She IS a skywalker, and she is reported as having natural skill with a blade. O and Saba is her master, so expect great things from Lukes Twin fight wise at the least.

And NEVER say never. Anakin Skywalker would NEVER kill younglings in cold blood! O...wait......

Things happen as ROTS proved, you never know who may be fighting who with everything they have. even a brother.

"you were my brother anakin!!" - Master Kenobi

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

18. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I didn´t. On which page it was?

19. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I noticed that Ex. Made me laugh because Luke thinks about it so casually. Almost like R2 went jetting around often enough for Luke to not think much of it [face_laugh]

edit: Oh yeah, I don't recall the page but I seem to recall that it happens when Luke first notices the true nature of the Fizz. R2 hovers onto a tree stump (I think) to get out of the way.

20. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    i read in a forum, im not sure it was this 1, but i got confused on that u ppl/ or some ppl said stuff bout some1 getting thrown out of an air lock and i didnt see that at all in the book

21. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The forest smugglers' ambush, yes. I thought that was so cool, Denning's oh-so-casual normality of it even better!

22. Master_Shan

Oct 19, 2005
    yea I remember noticing that and being like......those would have been SOOOO usefull SOOO many times...

apparantly they were always there...

23. Padmare_Solo

Padmare_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    what is jacen and tenel ka's daughters name

24. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Denning has yet to give her a name.

25. Padmare_Solo

Padmare_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:_| :mad: [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.