main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dark Nest III: The Swarm War Discussion Thread (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    yeah...so, what else to discuss? oo, i know: how many here think Denning's going to kill off either a Solo kid or the Skywalker boy?

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, it happened at the end of TUQ.

3. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
  4. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    There is no way that he's going to kill Ben-- Ben hasn't been developed enough yet and there is way to much promise in the character for the later series. As to the Solo kids I sincerely doubt it~ especially considering how the twin thing is a foreboding omen in the star wars universe ;-) and we can't take away the new baby's father so soon

5. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Denning seems to like killing main chracters, though. we know Luke, Han, and Leia are Lucas' 'unkillables', so that leaves...Mara? Kyp? not the Kypster or the Hand...NOOOO!!!

6. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    i think that a mara or kyp death is an actual possibility, though i would just die myself if they killed off mara. but luke's premonition in rebirth where he didn't see mara never sat well with me, and she and kyp are both central enough to cause a stir. i can see denning doing something like that.

on a side note, my only expectation for this book is to unjoin jaina and zekk. the whole situation disgusts me. i can't even read her character anymore, it makes me want to barf. and they were doing so well with her, too...:(

i guess that's what she gets for not marrying jag when she had the chance.

7. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I am pretty flipping sick of seeing "Denning loves killing main characters." He killed Anakin because that was how the series was planned people, not because he enjoyed it or wanted to. He also gave Anakin a death worry of a Jedi, so stop whining, its been like 2 or 3 years right? Buid a freaking bridge people.

oh, and I never found 'Jaina' to be that 'different' personally. Am I just crazy?

8. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Awhile back I posted links to a "Who will die in SwW" poll, wherein a partial list of the characters was posted with an option to pick whether they will die or survive. Here were the results, with % of votes towards kicking the bucket (with five voters, 6 on some questions... so not a good cross-section of speculators, but still:)

Alema: 100%
    Ben: 0%
    Cal: 0%
    Corran: 0%
    Gilad: 40%
    Han: 0%
    Jacen: 0%
    Jaina: 0%
    Kyp: 0%
    Leia: 0%
    Lomi: 100%
    Lowbacca: 0%
    Luke: 0%
    Mara: 0%
    Raynar: 80%
    Saba: 0%
    Tahiri: 0%
    Tenel Ka: 33.3%
    Tesar: 16.7%
    Zekk: 83.3%
    Nameless Princess (not on the DP list, but I put her there anyway): 0%

This is NOT what was wished, just what was guessed. Some survivals could be confirmed through LotF info, but otherwise, it'll be interesting to see if there are any surprise deaths or survivals where we didn't think there would be.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/eleventh_guard/80067.html - First 15
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/eleventh_guard/80240.html - The rest

9. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    As unfortunate as I think it is.. they wont kill Jacen.. yet, hes to much of a scumbag to die.. plus hes confirmed as bieng in LOTF.. looks at cover of Betrayal.. same for Ben.

Who do I think has a chance of dying:

Kyp: hes pretty worthless, character development stopped with KJA and JAT, now he cycles between JAT kyp, and a different kyp.. also major part of the problem with the NJO

Corran: the other part of the problem with the NJO.. unfortunately the RIGHT part of the problem, still hes been killed several times before, it never seemed to stick.

Mara: the vision in Rebirth, Zahn only writing Classic era EU, a Marafest in Allegience, all possible indications for Mara becoming one with the Force.

Jag: ahh Jag, could be killed.. possibly by Jacen or Jacen's actions, further widening the rift betweent he solo brats.

Zekk: lots of people have ben clamouring for his death.. would solve the shared brain thing with Jaina permanantly.

The Falcon: its old, its creaky..

Han: ironically, Harrison Ford wanted his character to die at the end of ROTJ, out of the big 3 I think Han would be the first to go..

10. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    Is it bad that I looked at your list and my first reaction was "NOOO! Not the Falcon!"

I'd be pretty sad over Han dying, too, but I can't honestly say my emotional investment in any of the others is high enough that I'd care beyond plot interest and possibly reactions from other characters. Not that they're not interesting and/or likeable with a couple of exceptions, but that the emotional impact of the death would be low for me.

11. Rawtooth

Rawtooth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The lightning symbolism is easy to figure out... it's in the text block!:p "As for Luke, he will have to prove, in a lightning display of Force strength and swordplay..."

Someone mentioned earlier that if Cal Omas got kicked out of office, Han would have to take his place. While it may seem silly, it actually makes sense if you look at in the way that Leia and Han are merely swapping roles of smuggler and Senator. It would also allow Han the chance to learn how to legally 'smuggle', working within the system so to speak.

12. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Han as a leader of the Galactic Alliance? Fine idea, but extremely unlikely... But what of as a some kind of leader in Corellia during the LoTF? Even if he has spent only a tiny amount of his life on Corellia, he probably should have a large following there; during the EU he´s mentioned often as the most famous living Corellian and even his experience in politics has been gathered on the sidelines, that hasn´t stopped people in the real world of rising to high offices on the basis of their fame alone.

13. Cil

Cil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    A little bit Legacy info, that will clear up who defiantly Doesn't Die in Swarm War:

the main characters of the classic saga will return -- Luke, Leia, Han, Jacen, Jaina, and Mara. Among the NJO Jedi veterans returning would be Saba Sebatyne and Tenel Ka.

Corran also lives. :)

So Zekk, Jag :(, Kyp, the Bad Guys, Etc. are still on the Chopping block.

14. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    No Tesar listed? Uh-oh.

Whoops, I, too, forgot the highlight.

15. Cil

Apr 5, 2005
    ^ He's not on the List a far as I Know.

16. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    the main characters of the classic saga will return -- Luke, Leia, Han, Jacen, Jaina, and Mara. Among the NJO Jedi veterans returning would be Saba Sebatyne and Tenel Ka.

Corran also lives. happy

So Zekk, Jag sad , Kyp, the Bad Guys, Etc. are still on the Chopping block.

Only Luke, Leia, Han and Lando, plus the droids, are from the classic era. That's it. All the rest are post Empire. Besides returning doesn't mean survivig.

17. Cil

Apr 5, 2005
    Besides returning doesn't mean survivig.

I didn't mean that they wouldn't die in LOTF, I Said they wouldn't die in Swarm War.

And that ^ was from the OS.

18. gemking

gemking Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005

Really? Don't know how I missed that! Although, having said that....... A vague murky memory of that has now seeminly resurfaced & is floating around in my brain in that really annoying not-quite-graspable way!

On the subject of Han as Chief of State - that would be amazingly cool, although unlikely considering how much Han hates politics & smart, restrictive clothing!

19. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT MY KYPSTER OR JAGGIE!!!!!!! KEEP THEM ALIVE, DARN IT!!!!!!!!!! If he kills either one of them, i'm going to need serious emotional therapy. I get so attached to characters sometimes. Well, at least Jaina's not dead! yet...

20. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    All right, so if we don't see some Chiss action in this one, I'm seriously disappointed.
    And if we get more of this "Chiss = mysterious bad guys" stuff, I'll scream.

So where is Jag? If Jaina ends up with Zekk, I'll just scream a bit more.

21. Silver_mane

Silver_mane Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Come on Dec 27th, your too slllllllllooooooooooowwwww! *Puts Boba's rocket pack on the month of December* Come to me my pretty! Show me the death of the Potentium! :D

Too much [face_coffee]this morning!

I feel sorry for Zekk, why does he still hold a flame for Jaina anyway, he's only going to get burned by her in the end.

22. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Death of the Potentium?

I like the thought...

I don't think we'll get rid of our favourite *cough* little zealot, though - Denning seems to like Zekk.

23. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    It doesn't really matter who Denning likes or not - whatever he writes has to fit in with the LoTF arc, so if Del Rey wants Jaina with Zekk, Denning has to provide it.

Plus, I hear varying reports on who Denning likes and dislikes. I've read that he likes Kyp, Jag, and Zekk, and then I read the opposite in other places. What I do know for sure is that he likes Saba.

Here is a line from Sue Rostini - I'm not sure what to make of if out of context...

"I know that you and Captain Solo came here to find Jaina and her, ah, companion," Jag retorted.

24. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't care whether he dies or not just as long as he and Jaina get... disconnected

25. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    I think everyone agrees on that fact-- Jaina and Zekk MUST be "unjoined" and I?m sure it?ll happen if only on the basis as what good are they together past the Killik drama?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.