main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord_Hydronium, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    Maybe her apprentice can be a cannibal changeling. Really anything crazy and out of the norm would do it for me.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The whole cannibal thing, I can do without.
    I find the thought, repugnant... that act an abomination.
    So, that would pretty much kill my SW reading right there on the spot.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm... Hannibal Lector as a Sith Lord? I actually really like that idea. You'd not even need to change his character. :p

4. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    But isn't that... good? Sith are supposed to do abominable things, otherwise they might as well be suped-up Dark Jedi. It makes the Jedi reason for wanting to rid the galaxy of them more palpable, not because they'll go around and kill a few people, but because they are depraved monsters. Plus it makes the Jedis' idea that falling the Dark Side can lead to utterly bad things look plausible, because the Dark Side distorts the person, both body and soul. The Sith would be the end-stage of that corruption.

But that is just my opinion of course. :p

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    There are plenty of unnatural abilities that I'd be content to read about.
    Cannibalism, isn't one of them...

And Hannibal is a Darth already, Sidious without a light saber.
    Ask Ray Liota.

6. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, if we can't have a cannibal, what about a brain drinking Anzat Sith? :p

7. CurlyWookie

CurlyWookie Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2009
    We've had cannabalism in Dark Times already.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Ooooh, even better than a changeling!! The Anzat are long lived as well, no? Technically, one of them could bridge the gap from Cognus to Vectivus with a list of failed apprentices, or maybe all the way from Cog to Plagueis? Nah, thats too far.

9. Ki-Aaron-Mundi

Ki-Aaron-Mundi Jedi Knight star 2

May 22, 2008
    An Anzat Sith would be a cool idea. I wouldn't mind one that hung around for a couple hundred years as the Sith Lord.

I've also long thought that an Abyssin Sith would be cool. Or maybe a Devaronian?

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I finished this book this morning and felt like the end was actually quite good. The stone prison was an excellent setting and Drew did an excellent job bringing all his plot points together for the conclusion.

I can see where the Zannah with the hand tremors could be slightly confusing when combined with the whole essense transfer stuff, but I still found the whole situation pretty clear. Cognus asks Zannah if she is now Bane. She says she is Darth Zannah...end of discussion. Bane wouldn't run around telling people he was Zannah just for gigles.:p

Set Harth remains the standout character to me, although the Huntress did grow on me. Overall I think I liked this book the best of the three by far.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The Abyssin Sith WOULD be cool... and Maladi already fills the Dev-Sith role.

12. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    How would the Abyssin hold a lightsaber? Does it even have thumbs or just two fingers?

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Kreia_no_hands.jpg]

That's the interesting part.:p
    And here's a more.... technical answer.;)

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Pfft. Lightsabers. A Jedi weapon. Forget technical answers; here's a more academic answer:

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091117053852/starwars/images/9/9b/Betrayer.jpg]

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    :_| But... but, he didn't ask an academic question!!:_|

Now, don't tell anyone, but I liked yer answer better.
    [face_laugh]

16. Ki-Aaron-Mundi

Ki-Aaron-Mundi Jedi Knight star 2

May 22, 2008
    This is true--but I guess I'm thinking of a male Devaronian, so that we'd have a Sith lord with the traditional devil look.

17. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    Maybe an Elomin would do? They look pretty freaky...[face_thinking] ;)

18. Cull_Tremayne

Cull_Tremayne Jedi Master star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Not sure if all Abyssins have only two fingers, but Quarmall had four. Maybe it has something to do with their regenerative abilities.

19. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    The Anzat Sith could drink the brains of his failed Apprentices! [face_skull]
    I like how you guys think [face_devil]

20. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    IMHO, having your end goal being to consolidate your power to the point that you can force every single being in the Galaxy to exist only to be a mindless battery-drone for you to feed off their life-forces to supplement your own already incredible prowess and prolong your own life a la Palpatine (as revealed in Dark Empire) is a lot more evil and unnatural than petty cannibalism, and would give the Jedi's position a lot more weight.

But that's just MY opinion. ;)

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Tastes like chicken.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    That is just sooo wrong, Fenn.:p

I hear you EECHUU and DEW.
    Anzat it is, then.
    ;)

23. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm actually surprised we haven't already seen an Anzat Sith. The idea of a "Sith vampire" is such an obviously cliché that it's odd they haven't taken the idea up yet. I know we had Volfe Karkko but it's not like after Joruus C'baoth they said "We've already done Dark Jedi now... we can't do one again." :p

I've always actually been rather surprised that they've never retconned Karkko as a Sith given studying a Sith holocron in the Archives is what was meant to have led him to the dark side. Though I've never been sure whether I'd like that retcon or not. As things stand, I prefer the fact he's just a Dark Jedi, as we don't get enough of them that are actually decent, so it's nice that he breaks the "All darksiders must be Sith!" trend.

Buuuuut... if an author did it well? I'd perhaps be happy with him being a Sith. He was in stasis for "a millennium", wasn't he? The law of exact Wookieepedia pedanticness may command that mean 1030 BBY, but myself I take "decades", "centuries" and "millennia" with a large touch of "it's a karking generalism fks" salt. So, on that basis, I'll just as willingly accept 1050 BBY as I would 950 BBY. Which could have room for him to turn out as one of Cognus's apprentices...

If they did something like that? Then I might actually like him as a Sith. I mentioned earlier that I'd not mind Millennial as her second apprentice, so if the idea was Volfe got taken down by the Jedi (but not realised as a Sith--hence him being called a Dark Jedi--maybe he never made it past the "potential candidate" phase?) and her needing to consider him a failure and turning to Millennial instead? I'd possibly be quite happy with something along those lines.

Though it wouldn't lead to a Sith Master who survived for a century or two, would it? So... hmmm... depends what the key wish from an Anzat Sith is really, I guess.

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I guess since Karko didn't learn directly-under someone, they WON'T call him Sith.

Don't the Anzat's live for an eon? Or better yet, can they? And since we know so little, would a soup-sucking Sith Lord be the absolute worst enemy of the Jedi? Wouldn't a Sith-Anzat's power grow with each face-sucking-session? I think Me wants to see just how low an Anzat Sith can go... into the depths of the darkness. The galaxy lives to literally feed him Nihilis/Palpatine-style.

Want.

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    With each helping of daen nosi they grow stronger... but potentially also more kriffed in the head? Yeah, I like that. [face_thinking]

It'd have a distinct Highlander feel to it... =P~

Hmm... if it wasn't for the fact we already know they'll be brothers, I'd say I want Lord Daiman to be an Anzat. The Solipsist Lord being from the species that just want to suck everyone's brains into theirs and become the Cosmic Ubermind? Want.

Though Daiman and Odion will probably be a more typical species than that... although with JJM who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.