main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Darth Maul Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Nice to hear that Set Harth archieved finally the status of having unlimited party at Nal Hutta :D I hope the best for Maul and his Doppelgänger as well.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  2. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I do not remember there being a second Darth Maul created using Dark Force. When/where did this happen? Wait....was that in the comic where he fought Darth Vader?

3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder when will be the next time we see darth Maul.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    That's the one. He was created by the Dark Force religion/Prophets of the Dark Side in an effort to supplant Vader. One of three resurrections of Maul in pre-TCW Legends (of variously ambiguous canonicity), the other two being the actual Maul rather than a doppelganger, including that which inspired his resurrection, and the appearance of his revived form and Savage, in TCW (Old Wounds - see the cybernetic limbs, elbow-length gloves, lengthened horns and bare chest).

The only other significant character whose fate was left open after TCW (and TCWL) was Ahsoka, and she's appeared in Rebels. I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring Maul in as a lesser Sith under Vader and Palpatine (or perhaps as an independent operative, as before) in Rebels; it would actually well fulfill Lucas' original intent for the Sith around the time of the OT!

6. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Savage was revived also?

Actually I'm a bit confused about all these Mauls running around. And that Prophets of the Dark Side: What is Sidious thinking of them?

The only other significant character whose fate was left open after TCW (and TCWL) was Ahsoka, and she's appeared in Rebels. I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring Maul in as a lesser Sith under Vader and Palpatine (or perhaps as an independent operative, as before) in Rebels; it would actually well fulfill Lucas' original intent for the Sith around the time of the OT![/quote]If Maul really will work for Sidious again in the future, he must renounce to his Darth title officially. Will he do? He won the title after he fought Sidious at Hypori. But I think he lost it after another fight with his former master at Mandalore in the throne-room. Is this correct?

Do you think Maul will outlive that Drell Kahmf/Luke-Skywalker-episode in "Star Wars Tales 17" where Maul's thoughts will bother one Iridonian senator and Maul's image fightes Luke? Will this story ever be decanonized by a 60year-old Maul ruling his own little empire?

7. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    No, I was saying Savage's appearance was also inspired by Maul from Old Wounds, with the unnaturally lengthened horns.

The Prophets were brought into the Imperial fold and largely loyal to Sidious, and the most powerful of the dark siders he had at his beck and call. Many became Inquisitors as well, while the remainder uses their precognitive talents to aid Sidious' own from Dromund Kaas. Cronal was Director of Imperial Intelligence and one of Palpatine's closest confidants.

There was a degree of trust in the Prophets which could never be placed in a Sith apprentice, given that the Banite Sith would be expected to inevitably betray the master.

Why would he have to renounce his Darth title? Sidious had abandoned the Rule of Two in favour of the Rule of One by the time he formed the Empire.

Given that it was Tales, that story was ambiguously canon anyway. I think if Rebels does reintroduce Maul, he will be truly killed by its end. No way will they allow Maul to be running around by the time of the OT.

Sudooku likes this.
  8. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I loved Old Wounds, as my Avatar image can attest. I think Maul could actually be an asset to the OT timeline via Sidious and his experiments. Remember, Maul is a weapon, plain and simple. So trying to boost that in a servant such as Maul, as we know Sidious did with others, would prove quite interesting.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  9. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    No more being ally / apprentice to Sidious, c'mon guys don't you watch TCW and read SoD ?

10. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    There's well over a decade between SoD and Rebels, in which Maul's fate is entirely up in the air, with no Talzin to influence his loyalties any more. If there's one era in which Maul is most likely to be taken back into the fold, it's the OT era, with its Inquisitors and so on.

E. L.Knight likes this.
  11. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

I've been out of the loop a bit, so no, I did not read SoD. Not even sure what it stands for. I did watch all of TCW except Season 6.

12. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Son of Dathomir. Comic book using the untold story of unmade TCW episodes. If you were curious what became of Maul and Talzin after the show, it's the thing to read.

E. L.Knight and Erkan12 like this.
  13. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Thus it is a kind of Darth hc title? But what will Vader think of this when there is a third Darth running around? Won't he be jealous? Or is this another device of Sidious to create mischievousness amongst his henchmen to keep them better under control? Or won't Vader even know about Darth Maul's new allegiance towards Sidious? Like all the other Right and Left Hands of the Emperor won't be aware of each other?

We'll see.

BTW: I'm happy this thread is flourishing again. Thanks to you all! :D

14. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    What's an hc title?

Darths are a cred a dozen in the other (and rather different) instance of the Rule of One, that of Darth Krayt. The significance of it meaning the "supreme viceroy" of the dark side to whom all others must bow or be destroyed was lost when Bane reinvented the Sith anyway (if Vitiate's reformation hadn't already done that). By the time of Palpatine's Rule of One, it really is just an appellation for a Sith, so shouldn't inspire any envy.

And I notice a lot of old users are returning, or new ones joining, presumably due to TFA, and many threads have been rejuvenated as a result. Fan clubs in particular are flourishing as they previously did not (although all life seems to have fled from the AoD to the EUC Sith permanently...)

Sudooku likes this.
  15. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Thus the meaning of "Darth" was inflationed during Palpatine's Rule of One like the "Lord" was in times of Kaan's Brotherhood.

hc is the latin abbreviation for honoris causa in combination with an academic title like a Doctor (Dr.) bestowed on you occasionally, especially when you are a politician or other VIP visiting a university shaking hands, donating large sums etc. Then the university may give you the title of a Doctor as an honoration just for your merits and your being famous, not for writing a dissertation or habilitation or whatever scientific work. Then you can call yourself Dr. hc but it doesn't entitle you to work in a specific field this Dr. stands for.

16. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    That'd be my interpretation, although I'd suggest the origin for such inflation lies more in the early Banites.

Are you German by any chance? I know Dr.h.c. is used often with honorary degrees there, but haven't encountered its usage much in Britain (if at all, come to think of it).

17. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I do believe I need to find myself a copy of Sons of Dathomir.

Erkan12 likes this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Despite being a short story concept and all, Old Wounds was rather lackluster and pointless. Its one of those they shouldve just let the character remain dead with some dignity rather than bring him to turn the character into a two time loser just repeat basically the same thing.

Just to spend all those years hunting Kenobi and apparently reconditioning his body and technique, to end up again defeated and be shot in the head by Uncle Owen of all people. Maul breaks the stock of the rifle over Owen's head, a blow that shouldve killed him or put him a coma but he gets up up soon after. Obi-Wan has fits that can break horns and has strength that cut through both lightsaber and an arm. Maul knocks Kenobi into the Lar's signature land speeder which such tremendous force that it shouldve broken Kenobi's back from the look of the impact. The concept design was pretty good, often wondered if someone pitched Lucas the idea of Maul being Grievous in ROTS, I think some of the animation of Grievous had the Sith eyes of Maul.

TCW told a better story as they would give Maul a journey and one which was like darkside parallel to Anakin's and Luke's. They kept the Mcbride design at first and carried over the obsession angle of Kenobi but wisely moved away from all of that as time went on. Some of the dialogue was pretty good and compelling which they gave Maul.

The 2001 Tales comic I think was better, despite killing Maul again in it and suffering from similar drawbacks as I've mentioned above, the battle between Clone Maul and Vader was evenly matched and looked more believably done as compared to Old Wounds Kenobi vs Maul duel. Also I liked the way they had Maul kill the Stormtroopers that was well done. I always found it interesting that comic appeared to have predicted the Kenobi vs Anakin lava duel on Mustafar as it predated the movie by almost 5 years or so.

19. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    "Old wounds" is just a neglectable nuissance for Maul-fans. Just consider this a cheap Obi-Wan fan-service. :p

Darth_Dreadwar, Vorax and Erkan12 like this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul also has superhuman strength:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    The cause is probably different, Vader's feat being attributable to his cybernetic limbs, whereas Maul's is an example of Force augmented (and temporary) strength.

Also, here's a question: I wonder why they got rid of Maul's lengthened horns, the Old Wounds inspired horns he sported on Lothal Minor? I'm glad they kept that wild appearance going with Savage, but I'd have liked to have seen it retained with Maul as well.

Vorax likes this.
  22. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Reverse master and apprentice from Phantom Menace:
    [​IMG]
    I like the art, its from teq-uila / deviantart, nice work.

E. L.Knight, Darth_Dreadwar and Vorax like this.
  23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont know about the horns reasoning, good question. Am curious if he let them grow out nowadays though as a sign of maturity and wisdom along with looking more kingly with his crown of horns . But they do seem to break off in battle so may not be as practical, although the horns do look like they can serve a primitive evolutionary fuction that once Zabrak's locked horns like bulls or rams ect do. Maybe the size and shape of the horns on the males serve some mating and virility purpose. Savage left his broken horns as stumps, unsure why he never sharpened the broken ones or even if they grow back. Talzin shaving his horns off Maul while making Opress's grow out seems like opposites and kinda removes some of that reasoning. Savage did use his horns to fatally wound Master Gallia, so that purpose remains intact yet.

Enhanced Savage though came before Maul's exorcism revival so perhaps that needs to be taken into consideration. Savage also thought he was more dominate than Maul, and Maul had to teach him who was the strongest and the leader. So dominance does play a role in Zabrak lives obviously.

Talzin perhaps restored Maul to a more refined state and the state close to where he left off back in TPM.

24. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Gif version;
    [​IMG]

25. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I just want to join and say that Shadow Collective is an awesome fraction and Darth Maul from the moment he appeared behind Sidious in the hologram to the moment he escaped Dathomir is an complex character.
    (An apprentice who lived in the shadow of his master soon to be disposed and replaced by Tyrannus before he could be a powerful force wielder.
    Then a monster years driven by revenge soon to realize to start a little Empire and get to see pain in Obi Wan's soul and in the aftermath to see his brother to be killed by a satanic Sith Lord,his former master.At the end escaping into the underworld hating his former parental figure and suffering.)

darskpine10, Sudooku, Vorax and 2 others like this.