main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Darth Vader Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

I've read something about it on the Literature forum, just can't remember where. [face_thinking] Do you know the dates when these books are to be published?

I loved Luceno's Dark Lord. I was expecting to see more Vader, but books turned out to be good the way it is. I like how Luceno showed how Clones embraced Vader as one of their own and Vader's inner thoughts.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I've heard so many different reviews of Dark Lord that I've held off on buying it, what I've heard about sounds like it could definitely be good though.

3. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    It's a very good book. I highly recommend it.

4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    It's a great book, but it should have had a diffrent title.

Evil.

5. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Just making the rounds and checking in... I finished the RoTS novelization a few weeks ago and made the mistake of watching the movie a couple days later. There were so many differences that it just wasn't the same.... Especially the Rumination scene between Padme and Anakin & also the altercation between OB1 and Anakin on the Mustafar landing platform. Wonderfully written out by Matt Stover.

Now, I am onto DL and I am loving it!

Behave... if only like Sith... behave!

6. vadersgirl33

vadersgirl33 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2007
    Loved the book. Recommend reading it if you haven't already. Brought out Vader's personal thoughts very well.

7. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Yeah, shows that even though he's in the suit, he still is indeed Anakin/Vader rather than Vader . He still complains, whines and moans like Anakin (which he really still is).

I am really enjoying it when I can...

8. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Hmm, I might like it, though I think the EU should make him more of the classic Vader than AniVader by the time he's in the suit(with a few months after RotS as adjustment time for him to lose his last shreds of humanity[as far as he knows.])

9. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Honestly, going into the book, I was expecting just this but, in reading it, it does make sense for him to be working out his emotions as VADER. Basically, he's battling the demons that are Anakin's thoughts (which are really just a continuation of the battle within A/DV from the end of RoTS). However, in true Anakin style, he is complaining about this, and complaining about that... very much so unlike the Vader we see in ANH.

So far, I would suggest reading it if you haven't. I am not finished with it but, I have heard nothing but good reviews about it. It is by the same author as Labrynth of Evil (strongly suggested reading, BTW) and the upcoming Plagieus (sp?) book next year. Personally, I prefer his style (Luceno's) of writing to Stover's but, both write EU very well.

10. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003

Hmm, all right I'll have to try it. I loved Labrynth of Evil and The Unifying Force, so I am a Luceno fan.

11. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Definitely read Dark Lord. It is a good transition from ROTS Anakin to the ANH Vader. You do so the conflict within him but the Dark Side has definitely embraced him or rather he it!

12. vadersgirl33

vadersgirl33 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2007
    This is so true, IMO. Vader needs to lose the Anakin identity to become the Vader we see in ANH. He needs to figure out who he is in realation to the galaxy before the events in ANH begin. That's one reason this book goes into Vader's head.

13. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    That's why we need a movie .... Star Wars 3.5! [face_laugh]

Seriously though. I am glad that this book is out because the transition of Vader really wasn't developed in RoTS. No, I am not talking about the transition of A/DV... rather, the transition from the not so powerful Vader at the very end of RoTS to the menace Vader we see at the opening of ANH (God, I am old enough to remember that movie as just Star Wars).

14. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    As am I, though not from the theatrical run.

I do hope the EU transitions Vader into the villain he is in the OT, but I'm not sure they will.

15. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Anyone who hasn't voted in the lastest round of the villain tournament should do so.

16. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Goodness. The last post prior to mine was in February. Just checking in. I've been busy. Friday(5/5) I graduate from college with a degree in Political Science(all good sith lords study politics). How's every body doing/ It looks like the rumored Vader game is actually a Vader's apprentice game with what I've seen of Force unleashed.

17. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, and I'm not too happy about the fact that it seems like his apprentice may defeat Lord Vader(given the battle damaged action figure.) Anyway, I finally read Dark Lord and to my surprise I thought it did an excellent job capturing both the icon of evil that is Darth Vader in the Original Trilogy and yet also the tragic character of Anakin Skywalker in the Prequels. I'm not sure I think it's my definitive EU Vader characterization yet, but I think if Luceno does another Vader novel it very well could be. I also actually really liked Roan Shryne throughout the novel so that wasn't a problem for me.

18. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi everybody...

I realized today that it had been a while since I had stopped by here and so, here I am!

I am still reading the Dark Lord novel (ok, I confess... I haven't picked it up in a while) but, I am looking forward to finishing it before the bustle of summer begins!

DarthNidLoc.... Congratulations on your graduating with a degree in Political Science... now that you mention it, I studied PS as well in college! Loved it! Must be a Sith trait.

19. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    We should probably get this fan club back up to speed, it's been slouching for more then a year now. It's time that stopped.

Evil.

20. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I argee!!!

=D= [face_dancing] :D

But my affords at posting have been a victim of DDRL!!!!!

:_| :mad: [face_frustrated]

21. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Hmm, does anyone have any ideas on the role Vader will play in The Force Unleashed?

22. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Have you seen the "battle damage" Vader action figure? He's going to being hunting Jedi. He's also training a secret apprentice. Interestingly, I've heard that the apprentice is a slave of sorts, and is controlled by Vader by a collar.

23. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Oo, the idea of Vader having a personal slave is interesting after the Prequels. I'm just hoping we don't have a random Jedi defeating Darth Vader.

24. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    So glad too see this on top of the page.

I've heard about Vader secret apprentice. Very interesting too see how it turns out.

25. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I've heard some rumors that it will turn out that some of the things Vader is currently credited for will be revealed to be the things the apprentice does in the game, which I don't like as I think Vader really should be the key agent in the Jedi Purge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.