main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC ~The ***OFFICIAL*** DC:GS 1-Year Anni. Picnic: Sept. 13th, 12:30 PM at Lake Accotink~

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well thought I would kick off the discussion for a picnic this summer. Right now, we have the Month of June, or we have to wait until September/October due to heat/humidity.

The first idea I had for a date was June 21st or 22nd. Thats the week after TK graduates, and I thought it would be a nice occassion to have a picnic and congratulate her on her accomplishment. Otherwise, the other weekend to have it would be the 28th or 29th.

Any other bright ideas?

EDIT: The Picnic will be on Saturday, Septmeber 13th, from 12:30 - 4:30 PM (or until the last person leaves) at Lake Accotink park. Directions are to be posted on the last page of this thread.

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    A fine idea. Everyone post when you prefer and I'll coordinate. And aside from heat and humidity, any later than that and the sea of tourists will overwhelm us all.

I'll start - Ken and I probably can't do the 21st, 28th should work.

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm was thinking it might be better to hold off till September (but not labor day weekend since many of us will be elsewhere.... ;)). But if we do June, the 28th is better for me and Heather. Whenever we do it, we really need to plug the heck out of it. Also, I was thinking about inviting the MDFFers as well.

4. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, plug away we shall. We should also think about making huge banners, that way we look like political activists and everyone will flock to see what we're up to....

Okay, maybe that's not the attention we want ?[face_plain]

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    :D

June 21st/22nd my dad and his wife are coming to visit, so I can't make it that weekend.
    June 28th/29th I'm on business in Montreal.

Do you people like organising meetings for when I already have plans ;)

:)

what about the weekends inbetween ? I'm also a fan of holding off until September for better weather

malkie

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well Malkie,

If you wouldn't schedule your life without checking for approval from the GS, we wouldn't have this problem. ;)

Well so far, May is hectic for everyone, especially since Val is going to Disney World middle of the month. Then there's Memorial Day Weekend. June 7 is going to be the Busch Gardens trip (or so it seems). June 14th is Heather's graduation, so both her and Val are unavailable. So, its either the last 2 weekends in June or we hold until September/October.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Brainstorm: If we wait till Sept, then the picnic can celebrate the GS's first anniversary. :D

8. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    good idea :) now I see why you are the boss round here :)

malkie

9. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    We should pick a date now. That way maybe Malkie will be able to make it. :)

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Is the consensus September? For September dates, I suggest the 13th. Though my experience is that it's really hard to plan for a picnic 4 months in advance.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well if we pick a date now then everyone can block the date off on the calendar now! Of course the real planning can wait till later. :D

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Okey dokey. I pick Sept. 13.

13. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Don't hate me, but I was joking when I said about picking a date. It was just because Malkie has been so busy lately, I made the joke.

14. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    erm, sorry guys I'm getting my nails done on the 13th ;)

:D

malkie

15. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am off the weekend of the 21st i work the 28th. On monday the 30th i leave for Vegas so i will be busy packing on my down time that weekend.

16. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I might be up for the picnic, as long as my work schedule permits it. :)
    But I'll warn you now...
    holiday weekends are out for me. My work schedule requires me to work on holiday weekends.
    So, Labor Day weekend'll be out.

I'm also reminded of a very punny joke:
    "If it's called 'Tourist Season', why's it illegal to shoot them?" [face_devil] ;)

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Good to see you around, Jack! And don't worry, there is NO WAY we would schedule anything for Labor Day weekend. Many of us will be at DragonCon. :D

18. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    This sounds interesting...though hopefully it will be more towards September, since I'd have to come down for the weekend (I'm a bit carless at the moment), and I don't know how much time you need exactly to make hotel reservations.

I'll keep watching this space for details. :D

19. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    We would love to have you Derth... :)

Love the photo in your profile!!! :cool:

20. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    bump

Since we all have lives. I guess we should start discussing this now?

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken was going to scope some locations, but we've been busy doing house stuff, so that hasn't happened yet.

22. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    for the picnic, the only dates im busy in sept. are 13 and 14th so far. thwe soon we get it planned the more likely im able to make it.

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    The problem here is finding a date. Our tentative date was the 13th of September. I'm not sure how many would be able to attend considering the ren fest the week after... Of course there probably isn't a date that everyone can attend. :(

We do need to find a good location that has cover incase it rains or something. Unfortunately the Mall does not have that (nor do they allow cookouts).

24. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    um. Sept. 13 is my mom's birthday, so if you go with that date I don't know if I can go.

25. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    So why didn't you say that when we chose the date at the meeting...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.