Amph The OFFICIAL Doctor Who Episode Countdown - Nos. 3 & 4

Discussion in 'Community' started by halibut, Nov 1, 2011.

1. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    The Next Doctor was filmed just up the road from me, and I won't hear a word against it [face_plain]
  2. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    I demand a recount! We have a biased tallyer(ist?)

:p
  3. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    72-73. The Sontaran Stratagem - The Poison Sky

11.36 and 11.27/20

The episode takes place on present-day Earth, where Martha and UNIT summon the Doctor for assistance concerning ATMOS (Atmospheric Omission System), a revolutionary piece of green technology that is available in around 400 million cars worldwide, yet is later revealed to be part of a Sontaran plot to poison the atmosphere.

[image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/medialibrary/images/main-promo/s4_04_wal_12.jpg]
    [image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TZDqRM96lM8/TD3QDD0FNPI/AAAAAAAAFQw/_X_JWO6cguw/s1600/The_Sontaran_Stratagem_005.JPG]

Lowest score - 5 (for both)
    Highest score - 17 (for both)

I've put these episodes together as they are next to each other in the list. But once again, the first part scores higher than the second.

I don't think this was too bad. I loved the character of Luke, and his whole spiel on "ATMOS System" seemed to be written just for me (I loathe people who say things like PIN Number). And Mike from the Young Ones was pretty good as well. This is an episode I wouldn't switch off. PLUS it has Bernard Cribbins!
  4. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    ATMOS is what brought these episodes down for me. It's ridiculous that such a system could become so widespread and also be engineered to be so dangerous when desired.
  5. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Blimey, that was quick!
  6. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah there was a major suspension of disbelief that had to go on here. Fads get EVERYWHERE in Doctor Who within like, a week.
  7. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Yeah, stupid ATMOS system
  8. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    That being said, I've just installed ATMOS in my car. Good deal, too.
  9. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey I guess I shouldn't knock it before I've tried it.

Maybe I should try the new ATMOS SYSTEM TM as well!

(this is how it happens lol)
  10. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Just use yer iPhone!

Or is that the new ATMOS.....
  11. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    This kid too. He strikes me as a douchey Daniel Radcliffe.
  12. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Ugh, Planet of the Dead. The only good thing about it was the banter between Malcolm and the Doctor. And those metallic ray-like aliens were pretty cool. But that's about it. And Lady Christina irritated me to no end - mostly because Michelle Ryan can't act to save her life...
  13. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    She was good in Jekyll!

Plus her in skintight leggings was one of the few things that made the episode watchable for me.
  14. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Sorry, I was too busy noticing how hot Michelle Ryan looks. Was she acting? Who cares.
  15. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Meh, only very slightly better than in POTD. The only really convincing acting from her was when she was chased around the house by Mr. Hyde. And let's be honest - everyone would be convincingly terrified-looking when James Nesbitt was coming after them in full Hyde mode... :p
  16. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    So I'm to blame for the highest scores given to Planet of the Dead as well as The Sontaran Stratagem & The Poison Sky and I am genuinely surprised that these episodes are so low on the list. Sure they have their flaws but they were fun weren't they?

The Sontarans are pretty much my favourite enemy because their story in series 4.
  17. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    I still think the best use of a Sontaran was that nurse in "A Good Man Goes To War"... :p
  18. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Agree completely. And the scene with Rory possibly the best Sontaran scene IMO ("I'm a nurse.").
  19. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    So, where are the entries for yesterday and today? o_O
  20. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    71. The Unquiet Dead

11.5/20

In Victorian Cardiff, the dead are walking, and creatures made of gas are on the loose. The Doctor and Rose team up with Charles Dickens to investigate Mr Sneed, the local Undertaker.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Unquiet_Dead.jpg]
    [image=http://ravereader.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/dw_unquiet-dead_group.jpg]

Lowest score - 5
    Highest score - 17

Not sure if I've seen this once or twice, but it was a long time ago and I don't recall that much about it. I think I didn't fully concentrate on it, so should give it another go.
  21. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I have never enjoyed The Unquiet Dead and still don't, easily my least favorite episode scripted by Gatiss.
  22. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think this episode should be lower on the list because though I love Dickens, I was really not a fan of this episode.
  23. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    **** you, halibut, for using "Shhh!" as a title! I was like, "WTF NO WAI SILENCE IN THE LIBRARY CAN'T BE THIS LOW!!!"

:p
  24. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Hadn't thought of that!
  25. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I saw through hal's unintentional red herring. I knew SITL couldn't be this low, so was fairly relaxed as I scrolled down to see which episode was actually at 71.