main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official 'Does anyone have stats for THIS species?' Thread v1.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MoronDude, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Everytime you want to add a new character to your game from a species you've seen in one of the movies or books or comics and it's not in the core rulebook or any of your SW:Gamers, you've looked it up online at sites like this, and you still haven't found it, you are forced to post another dumb "Does anyone have stats for ________?" thread which usually never gets more than one or two posts.

Well, here's the solution! Anytime you have a question on an Alien Species you need for your next campaign, just post right here in the The Official "Does anyone have stats for THIS species" Thread v1.0 and one of the more intelligent SW:RPGers will be glad to give you reasonable help. Maybe this could be the place where we can all brainstorm on what the stats and Special abilities will be so that we're all happy.

Also, if you came up with stats on an alien not done yet, post it here too. You may answer someone's question without them ever having to ask.

So, does anyone have an alien in mind that they can't stats for anywhere? If so, post now!

dp4m Edit: I've restarted this thread as version 2.0 with more up-to-date information and organization. It links here, so this should be preserved. Happy gaming!

2. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    This is a good idea, but I'm not sure if it will catch on. People like to put there own little thread up to make sure it's scene. But if I'm wrong, someone post some stats on Hapans for D20.

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I would think Hapans would be the same as humans, and to my knowlege they didn't have any special abilites, though they had some neat hardware and a Female-dominated society. Oh, wait, they were pirates, right? Then maybe they'd get a bonut feat or skill of something.

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I know the Alien Anthology has these stats, but cxan someone give me Aqualish and Ortolian stats?

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Quiwan:

Excerpted from Secrets of Naboo pg 23:

"A player wishing to create a Human hero from Naboo should follow the standard rules in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Rulebook, with the following exceptions. These adjustments are designed to capture the cultural mindset with which the character was raised.
    • The player may not select a combat-oriented feat (such as Armor Proficiency, Dodge, Two-Weapon Fighting, etc.) as the character's bonus 1st-level feat. This limitation reflects the Naboo cultural emphasis on pacifism.
    • The player must apply the 4 bonus skill points that a Human character recieves at 1st level to a specific field of Craft, Knowledge, or Entertain (player's choice). All 4 points may be assigned to a single skill, or the player can divide them among several skills, as desired. This adjustment reflects the Naboo love for the arts and cultural refinement."

Thus if someone wanted to play a Hapan in my game, I would apply a similar set of restrictions on that character. Perhaps have them spend their 4 skill points on something in the Smuggler's skill set.

6. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Don't forget Hapans have poor night vision. I think they would also get a bonus to Charisma.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    can someone give me Aqualish and Ortolian stats?

8. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Aqualish from Alien Anthology

Comes in two breeds, Aqualua (who have fins for hands) and Quara (who have normal hands)

Special Qualities: Fins - (Aquala only, +2 to Swim, -4 to skills that involve using equipment not specifically designed for use with their fins, such as weapons, computers, and control panels).
    Species Traits: +2 Con, -2 Wis.
    Automatic Languages: Aqualish and Basic.

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks FlareStorm!

Do you have Ortolian stats(Max Rebo's Species)?

10. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Not typing the whole 'commoner' stat blocks. You can figure them from the stats, I think

Ortolan
    Their planet has scarce food, hence the extra fat and food related special abilities.
    Commoner: Str 10, Dex 8, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10, Rep 0
    Size: Small
    Languages: Ortolan (speak, read, write), Basic (speak)
    Special: +2 Fort saves vs poison; Food Sense - if he has the Track feat, gets +4 to track a subject within 2km; +4 on Gather Information if they are trying to locate an easting establishment; +4 Survival when foraging for food

Aqualish
    Forgot commoner stats:
    Str 10, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 10, Rep 0

Any artists here willing to do sketches of my races I created, based on my vague descriptions?

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks again FlairStorm, you helped me alot!

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    QuiWan, I found this on www.swrpgnetwork.com about Hapans:

+2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Wis. Hapans tend to be very educated and they have a very strong presense due to their upbringing, but their inexperience with the rest of the galaxy can sometimes make Hapans someone naive.

Medium-size. As Medium-size creatures, Hapans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Hapan base speed is 10 meters.

Attractiveness. Hapan humans, both male and female, are extremely beautiful. They gain a +2 species bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks against non-Hapan humans of the opposite sex.

Low-Light Blindness. Due to the intensive light on their homeworld, Hapans have very poor night vision. In any degree of darkness, Hapans are considered to be completely blind (see "Blinded" in Character Condition Summary sidebar, SWRPG Core Rulebook p.218).

Automatic Languages: Hapan.

13. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I don't like that Attractiveness bonus. That means any attractive character in the game should have the same bonus. And characters tend to be beautiful

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I know what you mean. I think there should be a curcumstance bonus on ANY character with a Charisma over 16 or something.

15. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Has anyone seen/made stats for Coynites?

16. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Never heard of them

How about a Whipid?

17. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    They're from the Elrood sector. A warrior race. From WEGs planetary guide.

18. Quiwan

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanks for the help Morondude. Would they be near-humans or humans and get the two feats and extra experience points or no?

Most characters tend to be attractive? I haven't seen that a lot, must just be the people I've played with.

19. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    I think most characters from that species. Anyone on Coyn? I'll take suggestions of pretty much any type. If some one wants I can post the WEG info, if neccary.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, why don't you, beause I have no idea what the Coynites are.

21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    1st: Can someone write up the description and stats for the Charon in the Rebel Era Sourcebook? I'll probably get the book for Christmas or sooner, but I'd like to have the stats NOW so I can begin work on an adventure.

2nd: Does anyone have stats for Ratts Tyrell's species? (I have no idea what they're called...)

22. Quiwan

Jun 29, 2000
    It's not a species, but how about YVH droids from star by star. I'm sure we could all put something together for them.

23. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Thrawn:
    I have the Charon stats from WEG's adventure: Otherspace 2

Quiwan:
    I have no idea what you are talking about, because I am totally SBS spoiler-free. So if you guys post something about it, please put spoiler space in it. Thanks.

24. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Yeah, I have those stats too, but I need the D20 stats, which are in the Rebel Era Sourcebook.

25. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Ok, here is the WEG stuff for the Coynites. If you still have questions ask.

The Coynites are a tall, heavily muscled species of bipeds. Their bodies are covered with a fine golden, white or black to brown fur, and their heads are crowned with a shaggy mane.
    They are natural born warriors with a highly disciplined code of warfare. A Coynite is rarely seen without armor and a weapon. These proud warriors are ready to die at any time, and indeed would rather die than be branded af'harl.
    Coynites could conceivably live up to 250 standard years, but their warrior culture results in an average life span of a mere 53 years. Coynites reach physical maturity in their early twenties. Coynite children are born in var'sairk (capitalized when referring to noble families; means "birth group" or litter) of two to six children, and all children of the litter are of the same sex.
    Coynites apperance and conduct are tied to a rigid social code, the En'Tra'Sol. The length of a Coynite's name is directly related to social status - the more respected a warrior, the longer the mane and the more intricated the braids of that mane. The type of braids used is also an indication of the Coynite's family and the Ag'Tra (ruling noble) that the Coynite swears loyalty to.
    Attribute Dice: 13D
    Dexterity 2D/5D
    Knowledge 1D/3D+2
    Mechanical 1D/4D
    Perception 1D/4D+2
    Strength 2D/5D+2
    Technical 1D/3D

Special Skills:

Beast Riding: tris. All Coynites raised in traditional Coynite society have this beast riding specialization. Beginning Coynite players characters must allocate a minimum of 1D to this skill.

Special Abilities:
    Sneak: Coynites get +1D when using sneak .
    Claws: Coynites have sharp claws that do STR+1D+2 damage and add +1D to their brawling skill.
    Intimidation: Coynites gain a +1D when using intimidation due to fearsome presence.

Story Factors:
    Honor: To a Coynite, honor is life. The strict code of the Coynite law, the En'Tra'Sol, must always be followed. Any Coynite who fails to follow this law will be branded af'harl ("cowardly deceiver") and loses all rights in Coynite society. Other Coynites will feel obligated to maintain the honor of the species and will hunt down this Coynite. Because an af'harl has no standing, he or she may be murdered, enslaved, or otherwise mistreated in anyway that other Coynite see fit.
    Ferocity: The Coynites have a deserved reputation for ferocity (hence the bonus to intimidation ).
    Move: 11/15.
    Size: 2.0-3.0 meters tall.

Ok, thats from The StarWars Planets Collection by WEG word for word. Any questions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.