main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official 'Does anyone have stats for THIS species?' Thread v1.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MoronDude, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Is there a better place for your 3000th post than the thread that contains your first?
    I didn't thinks so.

Drinks for everyone!

2. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Congrats, buddy! *clinks glass*

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Wait a minute!!! You were registered one year AFTER me, and your first post was in a thread I CREATED, and you have 3000 posts, whereas I have only 3,118?!? Something does not compute!

Anyway, congrats!

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    High Lord from WEG's D6 game

ive heard about them, but have no idea on their stats

5. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    in fact i know nothing about them at all, except they seem to be insanely powerful... Thrawn was a high lord, iirc.

help :(

6. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
    Are you asking about the Chiss? That's what Thrawn's species is.

You can find D6 species for them here.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    no, not chiss... its probably not even a species, just a class.... or something, i dunno *sigh*

8. FrobiWanKenobi

Nov 28, 2002
    Sorry, just trying to make sure that I'm understanding you correctly - in a thread entitled: The Official 'Does anyone have stats for THIS species?' Thread v1.0" You are asking about for information about a character's class?

Thrawn was a Grand Admiral in the Imperial Navy and was in command of the Chiss Taskforce that destroyed the Outbound Flight Project. Which led to his being ostracized from Chiss society. The 2 new Zahn books should shed more light on the man.

But, I think that that if your question doesn't pretain to an alien species than it should really have it's own thread.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But, I think that that if your question doesn't pretain to an alien species than it should really have it's own thread.

High Lords MAY be a species -- which is why the question was asked here. If no one knows (or it's definitely deemed "not a species," it can be moved)...

10. FrobiWanKenobi

Nov 28, 2002
    But he said he thinks Thrawn was one and we know that Thrawn is a Chiss.

Could it be you're thinking of Lorrdians?

What source did these 'High Lords' come from? That might help us help you.

EDIT - Just thought of something - Are you asking about the actor that plays Thrawn in the Hand of Thrawn Duology?

2ND EDIT - Did some checking Flim is that guys name but I can't get a species other than Near-Human for him (so he could be a Lorrdian).

11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    no, it wasn't Lorrdians, i just checked back through a message archive and found where I originally read about it... I'll copy and paste part of the message. The Original message was just regarding races that aren't permitted in our "club" because of game balance issues, or the simple fact that its highly highly unlikely they'd ever be encountered...

"1) Chiss - Thrawn's species. They have never existed in the SWC universe, Thrawn was a Highlord in SWC. Don't ask what a Highlord is because I'm not saying.
    2) Highlord - Don't even ask to play one we'll laugh a whole lot about it."

"SWC" is a short term for the name of the group... and i recently found out that one of the players there actually has a character which is a 'highlord' so i was a bit confused...

Add to the fact that I've only one WEG book, which is on my pc so i havent read it in depth (i taught myself how to play with no rulebooks :( ), and my lack of understanding is justified :)

12. FrobiWanKenobi

Nov 28, 2002
    Are you talking about the Star Wars Combine?

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As a general heads-up. Look for this thread to be locked within the week and a new v2.0 thread started with new information and clearer rules.

K'doke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.