The Official "Does Anyone Have Stats for THIS Species" Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by dp4m, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tremaniac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Look on the bright side Fin, if they provide thier own character sheets, it doesn't cost you a dime. And it makes for plenty of handy extras in case they happen to be in an exploding ship or something.
  2. Bartichelli Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know where else to post this and it's sort of species related.

Anyway does anybody have rules for the Wookie Ryyk blade? 'cos it's in the essential guide and a really characterful weapon for any Wookie character but there are no rules I can find.
  3. FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here you go, but I don't think that this question really belongs in the "Does Anyone Have Stats for THIS Species" Thread.
  4. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Where can I get stats for a Barabel?
  5. FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    D6: Barabel - Galaxy Guide 4 p. 17, The Thrawn Sourcebook p. 139

d20: Barabel - Ultimate Alien Anthology p. 18, Alien Anthology p.58
  6. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Where can I get stats for a Barabel?

Or, you know, you could have read the earlier posts in the thread... :p
  7. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    But that would have required effort :(
  8. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    No more effort than reading a reply. :p
  9. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  10. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Just joking around. No worries, man. :)
  11. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Hey... so a couple of ideas...

Human Variants (standard benefits of human characters):

Adumari
    Racial Bonuses: None (Human)
    Courtly Manners: Adumari receive the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Adumari Blastsword) instead of any blaster-based Weapon Group Proficiences (e.g. Pistols, Rifles, etc.)
    Pilot's Honor: Adumaris all gain honor by being pilots and combat, thus the Pilot skill is always considered a class-skill for Adumari, regardless of heroic class.
    Local Boys: Adumari, however, usually do not travel beyond their home planet -- the Astrogation skill is never a class skill for Adumari, regardless of heroic class.

Near-Human Variants:

Korrunai (Mace Windu):
    Racial Bonuses: None
    Jungle Rules: Korrunai receive a +2 racial bonus on Survival checks, due to years of surviving the harsh, jungle life.
    Jedi Descendants: All Korrunai are Force-Sensitive. In addition, all Korrunai who have the Sense feat, receive a +2 racial bonus on Farseeing checks due to pelkotan ("jungle visions").
    Industrial Technology: Korrunai receive the Weapon Group Proficiency (Simple) and Weapon Group Proficiency (Slugthrower) instead of the usual Weapon Group Proficiencies for their heroic class. Korrunai who are trained as Jedi still receive Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber" at first level.
    Bonus Languages: Speak Korrunai (Basic-dialect). It costs a Korrunai two skill points to learn proper Basic. There is no written Korrunai -- it is an oral tradition.

Racial Feats:
    Force Bond (Force Feat)
    Prerequisites: Must be Korrunai, WIS 12, CHA 12, Empathy 5 ranks.
    Description: Korrunai learn at young ages to form Force Bonds with their herd animals. The herd is the ghosh -- if the herd dies, the ghosh dies. For a sentient, animal creature -- the Korrunai makes an Empathy check (DC 15) to create the Force Bond. The Bond does not need to be maintained and may be cancelled at any time by the Korrunai without penalty. The Bond grants a +10 synergy bonus for Ride and Handle Animal checks, even allowing use of those skills untrained, with that specific animal only. The Korrunai can locate the bonded animal anywhere within a planetary distance as a free action, and can determine basic mental and physical state by concentrating (full-round action). If the Korrunai dies, all animals to which she has bonded will go insane. Korrunai can also Force Bond to other Korrunai -- with an Empathy check (DC 20 - Korrunai's Force-level). The Korrunai who initiated the bond can, as a free action, communicate a simple telepathic command to the bonded Korrunai. In addition, the bond grants both Korrunai the higher of the either Korrunai's Will Save for both of them. A Force Bond may be "stolen" by another Korrunai with opposed Empathy checks, with a bonus equal to the difference in Force user level to the one with the higher level. If the bond is released after being stolen, it reverts back to the original Korrunai without need for a check.

A Korrunai may have a number of active Force Bonds equal to their WIS modifier.

Time: Initiating a Force Bond is a Move Action.
    Special: You may take 10 on a Force Bond check, but you may not take 20.
    Vitality Point Cost: 4
  12. Dead_Bothan_Spy Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know this isn't actually an organic species, but it seemed as good a place as any to ask:

Does anyone have (or know where to find) d20 stats for the 8D8 series droid? I checked the Arms and Equipment Guide but couldn't find them.
  13. Reven Jedi Padawan

Has anyone made stats for the Rakatan from KOTOR? I suck at making stats and have an idea for a character but theres no official stats.
  14. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    none have been put out yet....

but you could always use tusken raiders and remove their connection with the force
  15. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    ok.....

what species do we need stats for???
  16. Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
    I know they're kind of obscure, but does anyone have any stats for Hoojibs?

Or for starters, has anyone even heard of Hoojibs? (check out SW gamer #5--"Welcome to the Jungle" adventure)
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    There are stats for Hoojibs in 'Alien Anthology' and 'Ultimate Alien Anthology'. There's even a Planet Hoppers feature on Arbra here. If you want D6 stats, there's a really cool site with lots of D6 stats for Marvel characters but I lost the link...
  18. FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually, Hoojibs were left out of the UAA.
  19. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Hoojibs are not in UAA!? I assumed they were, as I just own the AA. That's a shame. Psionic bunnies are the rage this season.
  20. MethaneDealer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone have information on the Thakwaash? If you've read Wraith Squadron, that was Runt's species. I've been trying to "extrapolate" all 12 members of Wraith Squadron for my game, so if you maybe have their stats, I'd appreciate that as well.
  21. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    As a reminder: it is OKAY to post the brief descriptions of the races being requested (e.g. hoojibs from AA) so long as a) it's not the *complete* writeup and so long as you properly credit the source.

I'll hassle people who are out of hand with the requests. :)

(e.g. Chiss: +2 INT, Speed: M, Speak Chiss, Read/Write Chiss, etc. is okay -- 'The Chiss are a blue-skinned species from the Unknown Regions, who's capital planet is Csila...' etc. is not okay)
  22. FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    12 or 13 of the Wraiths are in SWGamer #9 (the ones that are missing are Jesmin, Falynn, Grinder, Ton, and Castin) also Thakwaash species stats appear in that issue as well, but are also in the UAA.
  23. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Thakwaash: +4 STR, -2 DEX, -2 WIS, -2 CHA; Size L, 10 m, +1 Natural Armor bonus to DEF, Speak, Read, Write Thakwaese.

SQ: MPD -- a Thakwaash will have several different personalities, each with a special talent. Switching from one to another is a move action (CHA check; DC 10). Each personality is +4 species bonus on one skill of choice (must have one rank in skill) and receives -2 penalty on all other skills. Dazed, stunned or unconscious Thakwaash revert to a neutral personality (no bonii). Each hour a manifested personality is active a Will save (DC 20 + CHA modifier) is needed or another personality takes hold.
    ("Ultimate Alien Anthology, p. 158. Copyright 2003 by WOTC under authorization by LFL")
  24. MethaneDealer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the help, I intend to by the UAA as soon as I've got the funds to spare. Just wanted you to know that I'm not being a leech (not willingly at least).
  25. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    's okay -- I can usually tell when someone's going over the line from "info" to "leech"... ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.