main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dooku/Tyranus Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by dat_dude, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    After watching ROTS and AOTC a couple of times. Dooku is a great bad guy.
    He is a Sith Lord,who is strong in the force. He fights great with his Saber as well.
    He fought Yoda to a draw and defeated a young Skywalker and Obi-Wan.
    He is smart and powerful.
    I also like the fact that he was a powerful Jedi that turned to the dark side.

People always point out that he is old.
    I like the fact of him being older. It gives him experiance and a great backstory. Being Yoda's apprentiance. He also defeated Mace in a saber duel. The more I watch the movies the more I like Dooku's character.

Sometimes there is more to a Sith, beside's looks.

Strilo edit: Made this into official forum thread

2. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    I agree, Dooku is amazing.

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    He also defeated Mace in a saber duel.

When was this?

4. DarthXela

DarthXela Jedi Master

May 26, 2005
    He beat Obi not once but twice. He's a great Sith Lord IMO

5. dee_dee24m

dee_dee24m Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    ^^ I also want to know more about Dooku's fights with Mace. (EU??)

Dooku was a classy villain. I'm so glad Lee agreed to take part! he exudes charming villainy. We NEEDED a Sith who could talk back, wittily and provokingly during fights. As opposed to just standing there looking menacing and showing us their dentures.

6. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    He was a true gentleman with impeccable taste and style.

The Separatist movement was never the same without him.

7. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    I AGREE!!! DOOKU IS DA MAN :D!!! He shed a new light on the otherwise usual perception of what a Sith Apprentice is ;)! He was a calcuting and highly intelligent person, who, as dee_dee and Latorski mentioned above, has impeccable taste and style and knows how to talk the talk. no wonder he is called THE CHARISMATIC SEPARATIST leader ;)! Simply put, Dooku has class, skills, talent, experience, and you gotta admit it, despite the age, he looks good --- REALLY GOOD ;)! (heck, i'd date him 8D).

unfortunately, he was an underused in the movies and was taken for granted x.x! And speaking of his lightsaber skills, think about it...he went through 3 consecutive fights in AOTC and still did not lose ;)! in fact, he kicked obi and anakin's @$$3$ ;)! too bad he was "bumped over" in ROTS :(!

oh well, LONG LIVE DOOKU :D!!! Dooku for 2008!!!

8. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I liked Dooku too but ultimately he was just an expendable tool of Sidious.

9. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Everyone is is an expendable tool of Sidious's though. Even Anakin. He was only saved because he was the best candidate at that moment in time. Noone is above being shafted by Sidious.

10. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Dooku has always been a great character. I was always disappointed that he only appeared for a total of like twenty minutes or a half horu in the entire series, but in a way, that's kind of cool.

He's the only character in a series that I knwo of that is both important, appears in both movies, but only appears at the very end and very beginning of both.

He sort of throws off the "standard" way of introducing bad guys, and it really makes AOTC and ROTS feel connected. Sort of like the middle of AOTC and the beginning of ROTS are one movie, with the climax with the bad guy (Dooku) coming 20 minutes into ROTS.

11. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Dooku > Mace?!?!?

Please explain.

12. The_Negotiator

The_Negotiator Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Dooku is one of my favorite prequel characters. I'd like to see some of his deleted scenes put back into AotC, though it would take away from the character's initial mystery. He has a brilliant political mind, enough charisma to form and lead the Seperatist movement, years of Sith training on top of decades of Jedi training, a sweet cape, a sexy lightsaber handle, and he can give Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda a run for their money. Let's hear it for Dooku, indeed.

13. Darth_Sam_Jackson

Darth_Sam_Jackson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Can't he ever play someone that isnt a good guy turned bad by lust for power???

Dooku the jedi turned bad in Starwars
    Saruman the wizard turned bad in LOTR
    Trevellian the 00 Agent turned bad in The Man With The Golden Gun

14. Lord_Steve_Bartman

Lord_Steve_Bartman Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Dooku defeated Mace on the planet Flancrest in a little-known EU book called "On the wings of a Monkey"

15. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    EU

Yoda and Dooku where the only ones to defeat Mace.
    THey where training.

Some do not like EU, but you can make great side story's from the Dooku character.

16. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    He also trained Qui-Gon Jinn.

Gotta give him respect for that.

17. MasterThor

MasterThor Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    I believe dooku was one of the only great masters at the Form II lightsaber. I dont know the exact name, but it was an elegant form, and had precise parry moves. Those moves were very effective against yoda.

18. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Dooku is a great guy, but as a villian? I dont know. He didnt really seem evil. Overthrowing the Republic was viewed by him as a good cause. He never really did anything where you say, man that's one badass. He's just in charge of a war that he believes in. And his goal isnt even to be in charge of the universe, because he knows Sidious will always be one up on him.

I think he was tricked the same way Anakin was except he had a lot more class and didnt go off butchering children. Dooku's kind of like a Diet Sith, only one calorie.

But Christopher Lee was a great name to bring onto the Star Wars cast list.

19. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    "Dooku defeated Mace on the planet Flancrest in a little-known EU book called "On the wings of a Monkey" "

I think you've been hitting the crap pipe with Carrie Fisher a little too much.

Just Say No, man. Don't let Nancy Reagan's motto be forgotten!!

Edit: Just to clarify, there is no printed canon stating Windu was defeated by Dooku.

20. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Trevelyan was in Goldeneye, portrayed by Sean Bean. Lee played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun, but he was a bad guy from the beginning of that movie.

21. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    "Trevelyan was in Goldeneye, portrayed by Sean Bean. Lee played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun, but he was a bad guy from the beginning of that movie."

Pwn3d again SJ!!

22. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Dooku was an awesome character, my favourite of the new ones introduced in the PT.

23. Lord-Malice

Lord-Malice Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    I agree. I like Dooku as well. My favorite quote by Dooku is:

"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall."

24. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I dunno I love Dooku as both a character and a villain because even to ROTS you aren't sure if he knows what he's doing is evil and views it as a necessary evil or if he believes he's doing what's right. I personally find the later a much more interesting idea. That and Christopher Lee just did a great job with his performance.

25. swatoa

swatoa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    I felt sorry for the old chap in ROTS when Anakin had him beat. If palps wasn't such an instigating jerk, Anakin could have spared the guy's life...:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.