main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dragonball Z Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by JediofJade, Sep 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinister_Raven

Sinister_Raven Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Does anyone know when they will show the new episodes on TV?

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    hopefully soon. but new movies are coming out soon. 5 was just released and 6+ is coming out later. also they are releasing the episodes on video and dvd.

3. Lord_Myotismon

Lord_Myotismon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    "Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Me make you hurt bad!" -Majin Buu

4. Chocos_Ramabotti

Chocos_Ramabotti Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2001
    Hey, my fellow SW/DBZ fans. I found a pic of Chibi Son-Goku that is sooo cute ! [face_love] :p

Chibi Son-Goku

5. Sinister_Raven

Aug 26, 2001
    Tues Mar 19th. Two new DBZ vids. Majin Buu- Defiance, and A Hero's farewell!!

6. Sinister_Raven

Aug 26, 2001
    HA HA HA HA Master Babidi go bye-bye.

7. Darth Anakin 83

Darth Anakin 83 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    I know a lot about DBZ. This Tuesday more tapes are coming out. It finally gets to Gotenks.
    Cartoon Network will begin showing new episodes of DragonBall Z along with DragonBall in September.
    I have recently been watching the original Japanese versions of the show and although they sound weird and I have to read subtitles I like them just as much if not more than the censored versions we have here. If you have not seen any find a way how to because they are cool. :D

8. Tusken Slayer

Tusken Slayer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    Starting this May Cartoon Network is airing the FIRST SEASON OF DBZ!!!!

We get to see Nappa again. We also get to see Vegeta as a real villain!!

9. Tusken Slayer

Jun 7, 1999
    Starting this May Cartoon Network is airing the FIRST SEASON OF DBZ!!!!

We get to see Nappa again. We also get to see Vegeta as a real villain!!

10. Sinister_Raven

Aug 26, 2001
    Cool!! Can't wait!!

11. Humanoid_Typhoon

Humanoid_Typhoon Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm a wee bit ashamed to admit that I have a fondness for DBZ, but I do. Having said that, I actually prefer the original "Dragonball"...it has a sense of childlike wonder that gets lost in all the fighting, death, explosions, etc in DBZ...But both look like "The Godfather" when compared with the waste of celluloid that is "Dragonball GT". *Shudders*

12. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    DBZ is out of date, it's ancient and at least 10 years old. Dragonball has been around for even longer.

Sorry if this dashed or damaged anyone's perecption of DBZ but I have to point this out.

13. Tusken Slayer

Jun 7, 1999
    Really Lord Riven. I didn't know that... :rolleyes:

14. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yow!!! :eek: They're going to start from Raditz again?!

Don't get me wrong, I love the earlier stuff-- [face_devil] especially the Goku vs. Vegeta battle [face_devil] --but I've seen DBZ rerun from the begining to Goku arriving on Namek sooo many times it almost drove me mad. It'll be nice to hear Vegeta's original English voice again, but I really don't like how they ultra censored DBZ in the episodes before Goku fights the Ginyu Force.

Oh well, I waited this long to see the Boo series, I can wait a little longer. :(

15. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Yow!!! :eek: They're going to start from Raditz again?!

Don't get me wrong, I love the earlier stuff-- [face_devil] especially the Goku vs. Vegeta battle [face_devil] --but I've seen DBZ rerun from the begining to Goku arriving on Namek sooo many times it almost drove me mad. It'll be nice to hear Vegeta's original English voice again, but I really don't like how they ultra censored DBZ in the episodes before Goku fights the Ginyu Force.

Oh well, I waited this long to see the Boo series, I can wait a little longer. :(

16. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Sorry about the multiple postings. I'm getting strange error messages when I post to this thread.

17. Sinister_Raven

Aug 26, 2001
    I know, same thing has happened to me.

18. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Well at least now the thread moved to the top of the forum. When I did those three post, I couldn't find it anywhere...as if it had been erased. The only reason I COULD post at all was because I traced it through my previous postings.

19. Darth_name

Darth_name Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    My little brother's a fan of this show.
    there new episodes coming? If so where? Cartoon Net.?

20. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Okies... I'm a mega DBZ fan. All my friends are. My fave character is Trunks :D followed by Vegeta ( x-( )
    I'm mad b'cos they stopped it after Veggie died, and now I can't see it when it comes back on cos we dont have cable.

21. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    They are showing the DBZ Movies, yes you heard me the Movies on YTV, thats canadian channel. hehe :D

22. Sinister_Raven

Aug 26, 2001
    There are two more DBZ movies coming out tomorrow/today (Tues.) They are from Fusion. Should be cool.

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah DBZ Rules!!! :D I used to watch it all the time a few years ago then I didn't and I've started watching it again since June. Here in Canada it's on the Great Saiyaman saga but don't tell me anything cause it's all new to me. :D

24. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    the series itself gets better. but the American dubbing??? same as usual. they butcher it.

25. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    HA HA HA HA Master Babidi go bye-bye.

:eek: OMG :eek:

LOL I saw that episodes YEARS ago. Let's see I was something like 10 - 12. (that was 7 - 5 years ago :p )

Buu saga was the first saga I saw of DBZ :p

But at first I hated the show because I used to watch Dragonball, but Dragonball Z is completly different. I didn't recognised anyone (not even Krillin, he has hair you know ;) )

I also have most of the manga. I got super Volume 2 (beginning training under Master Roshi) untill Vol 18.(beginning 23rd Budokai) and Vol.27 (Goku vs Freeza fight) - Vol.42 (end of Buu saga)

I also saw a few GT episodes and my favourite is the Super Android 17 saga :D

I prefer the original version of DBZ. The music and sounds effects of the dubbed version simply sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.