main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Dragonball Z Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by JediofJade, Sep 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh typical, I would miss when they started showing the new stuff. :p

I really need to watch more tv. LOL!

2. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey Guys. I'm a big DBZ fan. Really, I just started watching it back in August of last year. But I've really enjoyed what I've seen. The ending was okay, but kinda sad. I really wasn't expecting Goku to leave like he did. And little Pan was crying. She's a strong one, that she is.

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I already know how DBZ ends. Don't worry I will not tell people how it ends.

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Wow. I find this and the series just ended. My luck I guess. Well, the ending may have been sad but you have to admit when they showed the final battle of the tournament in still form it was funny to see how the tourny ended.

5. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    Well ive been missing the episodes lately. Track season.

But i already know how it ends and what the story line is and how GT ends and all the story lines are in that.

should be good though.

6. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    LOL...I guess I'll have to catch it when it all comes back around. :p

Well, at least that should mean that the entire DBZ series should soon, if not already, be available on DVDs.

7. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Hey, I'm a huge DBZ Fan.
    I own almost the entire series and all of the DBGT.
    My favorite character is Vegeta.
    My Favorite Saga is the las t one, Majin Buu Saga, and my favorite episodes are those when Vegeta let himself "controled" by the magician and turned into Majin Vegeta.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hehehe, this is funny. I watched the entire DB/DBZ run, uh, eight years ago. And probably I watched the first episode, uh, ten years ago. [face_mischief]

And I can't say "spoilers"? :confused: Hum, I guess you Americans have only recently watched it, am I right?

Anyway, an advice: the manga (as opposed to anime) is MUCH better.

9. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    My favorite characters have to be Gohan, Supreme Kai, and Yamcha.

My favorite saga has to be the Evil Kid Buu Saga. It was just the way the fighting was and everything.

My favorite episodes have to be any of the episodes where Goku is Super Saiyan 3. And the episode titled "Vegeta's Respect." It was everything that Vegeta thought and remembered. "You're better than me, Kakarot. You are the best." I loved that line. It tied up everything and put the bow on the present.

10. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Wow, um i was a very big DBZ fan... and if you are really looking for quality watch the episodes with subtitles in their original voices.

I finished watching the entire DBZ and GT series 5 years ago... i actually still have them all on my computer lol.

11. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I watched a lot a few years ago. The show got kind of dumb to me around the Cell saga. Everyone was so ridiculously strong it just got kind of boring for me.

12. prince_vegeta_briefs

prince_vegeta_briefs Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Hello!! I'm a big DBZ fan myself, I love the show and the manga.

My favorite character is Vegeta, he's so arrogant and cocky. I just love his personality, he kind of reminds me of Mara Jade-Skywalker.
    My second favorite is Bulma, she's a genius and she married to Vegeta.

13. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Okay, something confuses me.

Tell me Funimation didn't start GT in America with Episode 16. I got Volume 1 and 2, and after watching them, I saw that the second episode on Volume 1 was actually episode 16 from the Japanese version. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

14. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    Does anyone know the answer to this...

When and how did Yamcha get the scars on his face?

He didn't have them in what I've seen of Dragon Ball, but he has them in Dragon Ball Z from beginning to end. So, when and how did he get them?

15. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    I dont know about that GT episode 16 thing. Strange though.

And there are still about 25-30 episodes of DB left to be dubbed, so im assuming that he gets the scars there sometime.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    He has the scars when he appears in the second Tournament. Presumably he got them during his training with Karin-Sama.

17. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanks, JoinTheSchwarz. That's one thing that has bothered me the most.

18. prince_vegeta_briefs

Apr 18, 2003
    According to my friends at The Unrivaled Dragonball Source. Funi skipped a few episodes. But they will be all there in the boxset. I'll go recheck.
    Also DBGT is already airing on tv in the UK, but it's not the Texas group, it's the group from Canada, they're called Blue Water.

19. prince_vegeta_briefs

Apr 18, 2003
    Hello, here's a quote from my friend Fine
    on the Unrivaled and this is what he says about the DBGT DVDs

What Funimation did was quite intriguing.

They plan to release the first 15 or so episodes later on, probably when they release GT box sets. In the meantime, the first episode - as it is now - in Funimation GT is a 'recap' episode of what has happened in GT up till the point where Funimation cuts in, consisting of a mish-mash of the previous episodes in flash-back style. I think they pulled it off quite nicely personally, and the decision has its merits and drawbacks.

As to why it was done, I don't know if any 'official' reason has been given but my take on it is that they wanted to start the series at the point where the action begins to heat up. However, you can be assured that they will dub and distribute the first lot of episodes eventually. Though a date has not been announced as to when this will happen, Funimation has said they will do this.

A note of advice to anyone intending to buy the GT DVDs: I would hold off on the current individual DVDs and wait for the box sets as they will be overall cheaper and will probably include the first set of episodes rather than the 'manufactured' recap episode.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    He has the scars when he appears in the second Tournament. Presumably he got them during his training with Karin-Sama.

Sorry, I meant the third Tournament, the Tournament with Piccolo Junior. And you're welcome. :)

21. prince_vegeta_briefs

Apr 18, 2003
    Maybe Yamcha got the scars from Bulma after she caught him cheating on her. Hee hee, just a thought. Or maybe he got them in a fight.

22. ExarKun74

ExarKun74 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    I'm a big DBZ fan as well...

My favorite characters have to be Gohan,Goku and Vegito.Man what an awesome fusion.The smarts and power of Goku and the arrogance of Vegeta...

My favorite saga has to be the Freiza saga.The first time Goku goes SS.

23. prince_vegeta_briefs

Apr 18, 2003
    My favorite saga happens to be the Buu.
    Because it's got comedy, tragedy, redemption, and lots of action in it.
    My favorite character is Vegeta-like I said before. But in this saga Vegeta becomes a
    little more caring after his second death.
    He begins to care about his wife and son.
    Vegeta truly grows as a character and that's what I like about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.