main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI the Official "Drop by and say Hi " thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jabba974, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    went to the novi comic con today - disappointed in lack of star wars photos - they had tons of action figures, cards, etc. but i was looking for photos however i did meet an amazing star wars artist - he drew "darth vader's remorse" the image of vader thinking of padme (the image of her in her coffin ) he is holding is head and grieving - it's quite moving... i bought 3 of his RotS posters (he was one of the guest artists at C3) and his sketch book. this guy understandsstar wars - you can see it in his art. he is joe corroney and his site/email is his name.com

2. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Hey all: It's been pretty quiet here lately, anyone have anything new to report?

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Anything to report? Well, this is me, dropping by, 'cause I've actually been in the area this week. w00t for fall break. :D I'm almost finished with my Visas Marr costume from Knights of the Old Republic II, and I'll be sure to post pictures of it once I have some.

Also, I've been ridiculously active in fanfic. I've taken on a huge project, that being writing a novelization of KOTOR, but from a slightly different perspective and a few paths the game won't let you take. Happy fun times there, to be sure. :p Seven chapters and counting, at any rate.

This has been me saying 'what's up.' :D

4. MurphysLuck

MurphysLuck Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2004
    Hi y'all! [face_peace] Still not into the new house yet. (GRR!) I spotted this ad in the sale papers today. Do with this information what you will. I'm still buying mine through WalMart to get that Skywalker Family bonus dvd. Now if only we'd get a date on the PT boxed set...

Meijer DVD Release Party 10/31
    11p.m. Monday, Oct. 31 thru 1a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1 at all Meijer Stores

Costume Contest (all ages)
    Come dressed as your favorite Star Wars character. You could win: a STAR WARS DVD or Videogame or Meijer Gift Cards (prizes awarded at midnight)

Get Your Collectible Star Wars Savings Card
    Available only at Meijer! Good for 3 weeks of savings on selected Star Wars merchandise!

Free Refreshments
    For all those visting from a galazy far, far away!

5. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    hey all been busy here!!!

And here's to the Fighting Scots of Caledonia, going to the state championship game for the first time in school history!!!

GOOO Scots!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ruleroftheblind

Ruleroftheblind Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    Hello. If y'all are from Grand Rapids I suppose this is where I belong. I'm originally from around Detroit, but at the moment am at college at CMU in Mt. Pleasant. ^.^

7. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    *drops in*
    *gets up*

HI! How ya'll doin'?!

8. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Hello mirax80!!!!! I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you dropped in. I'm good, how are you?

9. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Nope! I'm good.

I'm doing ok. Little busy 'cause of work (I work retail - blah!) but everything is A-Ok. :)

10. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Glad to hear that you are okay.

Ah, yes, I used to work retail. It's not fun this time of the year is it? I know I didn't think so.

11. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    Hello all!!!

12. VADER674

VADER674 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    :) Hey guys, Sorry I havent been on here lately....Just been burried with work. Hopefully ill be able to keep up better with things that are going on now.

See ya soon!
    Lee

13. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    Hello... Hello...hello

it's kinda quiet around here

14. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Hello, and you can say that again ... [face_worried] I keep waiting for a surprise attack of some sort .... :cool:

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    said it before and i'll say it again - if you want to build a fan force, you must participate in the meetings....gives us a connection, a foundation. without that we are anonymous posters amongst the thousands on theforce. this is our speciality - grand rapids but we need to make that focus our reality.

so...c'mon down....i've made the last two.

16. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Hello there.

17. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Hello Ulfor-Bombaasa. Welcome to the Grand Rapids Fan Force.

18. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    Thanks! How active is this group?

19. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Well, not very. Its hard to get people to come to the meetings. I don't want to scare you away because of this. I just wanted you to know. The battle has been going on for sometime to get people to come to the meetings. We do participate in charity events that TX0338 posts I must not forget about that. Those are very important and fun to do. Three of us went to Detroit to participate in the Timothy Zahn booksigning.

20. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    I live in Mt. Pleasant and work in Lansing so your group is the nearest one I'm aware of. There are a lot of SW fans in the area but no club. I didn't make to the Zahn book signing but thought Outbound Flight was his best work yet.

21. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Hello, long time no post. :) I guess not much is happening. Haven't seen much of the latest wave of action figures. I guess thats about it.

22. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Hello everyone. Everyone must be busy in these parts. Going to be working on my Jedi costume next week while I'm on vacation.

23. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    I tried to get some discussion going but didn't get much reaction, so I went on to other discussion threads.

24. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    Hey guy's, Sorry I've been soo quiet lately, I've been super busy. I finished "outbound flight" and "swarm queen", I think I've finally fallen behind on my reading! Outbound was pretty good, but I think he left it a little to open for some sequels.

25. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    "Outbound Flight" was a great read, but he did leave it open for a sequel. For instance, what happens to Obi-Wan and Anakin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.