The Official DUALITY Comments Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
  2. BrentK7 Jedi Master

star 4
    only post here if you have watched the film and want to comment or reply to a comment on the film... thx
  3. maven Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess you're a bit late, somebody just started one. But anyway, to repeat what I said there, it was pretty cool, but you guys hyped it up way too much :) So I expected more... Even the ending didn't come as much of a surprise.
  4. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    But this is the Official one. :)
  5. Subject Zero Jedi Knight

star 2
    96% done...

come on baby... just a LITTLE BIT MORE!!!!!!

SZ
  6. Maul316 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was great. The visual effects were the best I've seen in a fan film.
  7. Mal'a San Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it was awesome! Even though I was just as hyped as everyone else, it still didn't have many drawbacks.

But I was a little confused as to which name went to which person.
  8. maven Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's true, I guess I just expected more plot.
  9. Golden-Y Force Ghost

star 3
    AHHHHHHHH, WOOAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!, YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
    hey, this IS the new standard for fan films, DAMN! SWEET!. the visual effects are superb!
    (calm down, Golden Y, take a deep breathe)
    waiting that long was worth it. phew!

the only thing that kinda bothered me was the part in the saber duel where the characters did not put a lot of effort into body emtions/motion, like how Clay Kronke does in his clips.
  10. Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Knight

star 2
    Best looking fan film I've seen yet. Sound was good, and the fight was fantastic.
    I was hoping for more story, but that didn't bother me too much. The only thing that did bother me, and this is a very slight bother is the voice of the droid. The did well on the rest of the sound, you wouldn't think that it would have taken much to record some original "dialogue" instead of the door greeter from Jedi. But, like I said...just a picky little thing.
    Over all, it was pretty cool.
  11. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome!

I'll leave it at that.

--Joey
  12. shine Force Ghost

star 5
    Pretty good. No plot though, just a big fight scene. Very good visual effects and sound editing. I give it an A-.
  13. FiendishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome!!! Special effects wise.. definately one of the BEST. Plot was aok, but I loved the ending (hey someone had a droid that was cool!!!)
  14. Mal'a San Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched it again, and again, and again... and again, but I'm still confused about who's who.

I also want to know what it says around the rim of the hologram platform. There's blue writing, I think it's in Imperial script, but I'm not sure.
  15. Shawn PTH Jedi Master

star 4
    Two thumbs up here. I knew based on what they had said when they first started on the project that their intention wasnt making an epic, it was taking Duel and pushing it to a new level, which I think they did superbly! I was very impressed by it and really dont have any negative comments. Great job guys.
  16. Subject Zero Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wanted plot but, oh well

THAT MOVIE WAS SUPERB!!!

I wish I can comment on it more but there's nothing wrong with it...

Hold on... it's time to get REALLY nit picky!!!

just kidding

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

SZ
  17. Douz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great CG work and integrating the live action with the Virtual Sets. The lighting was very well done. Great imagination on the sets.

Congrats Guys.
  18. Michelangelo Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is definately a new standard. what blew me away was the attention to detail. Like in the ship. (the steam coming out when it landed was just incredible). I don't know if I would call it the 'best' fan film ever just cause, like what alot have people have noticed, there wasn't much of a plot, which is not entirely bad. From the beginning they said the story wouldn't be too complicated. But it is definately revolutionary.

One thing I have to mention, and I think this is being over looked by flashiness of it. Who ever desined the sets honestly needs to get an academy award. It has the perfect look and feel for a sith lair. I think that is where I am most impressed. when we live in a world where most fan films are limited to the forest, its nice to see someone venture out and do something new.

wonderful film guys...kudoos

19. Douz Jedi Knight

star 3
    In addition.....I wish I had the resources to use Alamo Studios.
  20. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    I love the little after credits thing. Perfectly timed. And the dual saber action is cool, but I would picked a diffrent color than yellow.
  21. Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Knight

star 2
    After watching it again, I missed something in my original post...the costumes. They looked great!
  22. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The best fan film ever. 10 out of 10.

Superb acting, special effects, drama, and dramatic intensity. The drama was the thing that set this out from all the rest. It was 6 minutes and 27 seconds of heavenly Star Wars bliss.

I didn't expect this much, and it went waaaay over my expectations, making this film better than TPM itself.

And as for story...if anyone wants to check TimeTales, you'll know that from 1,032 BBY till TPM, the Sith passed their evil heritege century after century, and this is just one of the final trails the Sith apprentices must take before continuing the One Master, One Apprentice rule.
  23. Darth Mischievous Force Ghost

star 6
    Excellent film.

The ending was especially good.

24. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A good director will never let his easter eggs distract you from the main focus of the movie.

Obviously, Duality has some darn good directors, because I didn't notice them.
  25. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.