main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official DUALITY Comments Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    I'll be right back...

*sound of footsteps, with purpose!*

Pete

2. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    > Saeed - I have something to show you when my rendering is finished ;) -- Pete

COOL!

...hey, that's my name in your sig! I'm sure there was a notice from Azeem recently about derogatory sigs! :)

Just for that, I'd better quote you...

'I guess I'm not as witty as Saeed after all' -- Pete

*Laurel and hardy type 'so there!' nod*

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I just thought I'd chime in with the following, it maybe of some use to a few people out there.

----------

Because I have a dodgy computer, I had to re-export the movie so I didn't get any dropped frames, and I have Quicktime-Pro, so I decided to play around with it for a bit. One of the things that I noticed is that I could change the brightness and the contrast levels.

If you export the movie with the Brightness turned up to about 20%, and the contrast up to about 5%, you should be able to get a nice looking image, and the details are very clear.

The chamber also looks more grey than black, yet it still retains the normal colors, so you might want to give it a try - It worked for me.

*You should be able to do it with Premiere, or some other program if you don't have QT PRO*

4. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Saeed, If you have a problem with my sig I should remind you that I still have that can of 'whup-ass' in my room. ;P

Pete

5. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Happy Ninja, the darkness only occurs on some PCs. On the Mac, it looks just perfect.

6. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    I was going to take the 300th post, but then thought, naahh, I'll let someone more worthy take it... ;)

7. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Open mouth, insert foot. ;-)

8. Kristoffer_PTH

Kristoffer_PTH Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    ...wiggle toes.

9. TheDorkboy

TheDorkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    *cough*

*gag*

So why did y'all say to do that?

10. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Opens mouth, sticks food in it. :)

11. TheDorkboy

Aug 27, 2000
    Oh, it was a typo. I get it.

"Food goes here...food goes here..." --Homer's inner child, pointing to his mouth

12. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Heehee, that was funny.

"You put the beer in the coconut and throw the can away..."

13. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    How dare you accuse me of a typo? "Put your foot in your mouth" is a common phrase!

The D key is clearly not near the T key. :-Þ

14. TheDorkboy

Aug 27, 2000
    *GASP* Common! You'll NEVER marry Estella!

(Just finished reading Great Expectations, sorry.)

15. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Damn that Charles Dickens.

16. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Don't diss Dickens. :)

17. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Bah, Humbug!

18. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    The recipe isn't too fatening is it? I'm trying to watch my weight!

19. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    PLUS, no MSG!

20. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Yummy. Casing is a little crunchy though...

Pass the Ketchup...

21. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    The conversation seems to have gone off Duality for the time being, so I'll try to steer it back on course.

It was great, I can't understand why people can critisice any of it. People say 'Oh weak story' but we are talking about Star Wars here folks. Not wanting to 'dis' Lord Lucas, but these aren't major plot driven peices, it's all about the action surely?

Otherwise why does every film end up with a 'small one man fighter' blowing up the big bad imperial base? Death Star No:1 Boom!!! (SW) Death Star No:2 Boom!!! (ROTJ) Droid Control Ship TPM Boom!!!. The story was great, it was very tight, and didn't have any dull exposition. We didn't need it, and if you're confused over who is who you're an idiot. On bloke had a big hood, the other didn't. How easy is that to follow?

Unless you've tried to make a film like this you really shouldn't try to criticise it, what's been acheived here is awesome. Anyway enough of the back slapping, those boys are old enough to stick up for themselves....

Here's my question. Being a terrible gossip I'd like to know why you wrote the bit about thanking 'old matey' for NOT going the extra mile and pulling any strings whatsoever' care to have a bitch about that one online?

22. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Star Wars is about aincent mythology set in a futuristic setting. Star Wars at the end of it all is basically one mans struggle to right the wrong that destroyed a galaxy. It is a Davis vs Goliath battle, where one man stands up the regime - namely his own father [and the man who has corrupted him], and wins.

It is VERY plot driven...

Well, that's what I got out of it.

23. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Okay, Mr Tolkien would you care to pass comment on why the blithering empire don't just arc weild a peice of metal in place to stop 'small one man fighters' ALWAYS getting through?

Daft

P.S. I love Star Wars, so I'm not dissing it, but surely it's great entertainment first and foremost? Or IS it in fact Shakespearian Art and I'm just missing the point of it? If so, please also explain dear old Jar-Jar?

24. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    And I'm sure you mean David and Goliath. Or is Davis his meaer twin brother?

25. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Because the Death Star would blow up without the vents. Yes, they were replaced on the DSII [They did learn their lesson], but the DSII was uncompleted, so it was a prime picking.

Jar Jar - I think that Lucas never grew out of his "Romper Room" stage that started on ROTJ.

I suppose he is the manifestation of goofiness that resides in all of us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.