main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official DUALITY Comments Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Damn typos....

2. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I guess I saw an entirely new sub plot here, not knowing who Kris Parker was. Kinda dull now I know!

Got any offers from Uncle George yet?

3. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    MarsViolet...will you be answering the e-mail? I've got some news.

4. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    Saw the Small version of Duality last night (unfortunately my computer couldn't keep up with the larger version)
    Looked great!!!
    1) Loved the attention to detail in the modelling (especially the planet's desert surface...I'd need Bryce/Vistapro to achieve that level of quality...very difficult to do manually.)
    2) Really liked the zoom out to set the scene in the beginning...very good camera angles...nice editing.
    3) The bluescreen work was very good...only extremely tiny parts are visible when the movie is put on a large screen. (It's not really feasile to rotoscope the entire thing for the added quality...LOL...30FPS*600 seconds of film...ARGHHH!!!)
    4) The fight scenes were well choreographed and with a few extra baton twirls for good measure (almost too much of a good thing!)
    5) Soundtrack was well done too...it further heightened the filmwatching experience.
    All in all, you made a quality picture! You're a true inspiration to all who view it...thanks to you and your crew for all your hard work! Thank-you for leading the way again.
    P.S. - I transferred it to tape to show it to my family who ARE NOT Star Wars fans and they were very impressed by it! It's definitely not just for die-hard fans!!!

5. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    } } } Mike? { { {

6. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    }}}} Mike? Josh? {{{{

7. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    }}}}} Carol Anne? {{{{{

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    {{{DARTH BLUDGEON}}}

9. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    }}}} Spock? Jim! {{{{

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    }}}} Goodnight Johnboy {{{{

11. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Was it an interntional thing when designing the film to have all three characters 'easy to cut out' against the bluescreen (i.e. no hair etc., to matte, just solid black shades that could take a little 'colour key' flack without loking dodgy) or is this just a happy coincidence?

12. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    that's what i was also thinking, the outfits are black (no blue spill), and the hood and mask were on (no hair). makes it soo much easier. but it worked out great.

13. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Hey guys,look my signature ;)

I love that !

14. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Nice one, Ani. I here proclaim the very first Duality signiature.

15. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    }}}}Hey guys!{{{{

D'oh...too late.

16. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Wow. Duality was awesome. Just one question though, even though it might have been answered somewhere already. What caused the second Sith apprentice to be killed after he had already killed the other one? I watched it a few times but I'm still not sure what caused him to fall in two pieces.

17. Jedi Chimi

Jedi Chimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2000
    If you look closely, he's cut in half right before he kills the other Sith.

18. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Yep, a double whammy thrown in for good measure...

Question; why did Darth Oz fry the corpses at the end? Was he trying to draw the life force out of them, or did he just want some good old fashion Sith fun?

19. darth_jabroni

darth_jabroni Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2001
    for the jackasses that can't figure out who's who in the movie, if you watch the part where Darth Blight comes into frame, you here Oz say 'this is my apprentice' while the camera pans up from his feet to his face...that should have been pretty obvious....then again Mark and Dave are both jackasses in their own right....

Mark, I'm gonna try and get the vcd done as soon as i finish dl'ing the mpg.

-L

20. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Funny, I thought it was a quicktime movie, not an mpg?

Jackass, indeed.

21. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    >>Question; why did Darth Oz fry the corpses at the end? Was he trying to draw the life force out of them, or did he just want some good old fashion Sith fun?

He's angry because both of his Sith trainees are dead.

22. FrederickTheGreat

FrederickTheGreat Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2001
    Just a note, maybe been mentioned already - DUALITY is featured at Apple's "QuickTime Hot Picks" on www.apple.com/quicktime/.

-Frederick the Great

23. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Is it just me, or does someone else out there think that Darth Blight's Lightsaber is a little too pink?

24. TheDorkboy

TheDorkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Oh good. I'm not the only one.

I'd like to mention two more things I noticed while watching Duality (for the hundredth time or so; still not tired of it!):

1) Editing and music. Like Duel, I noticed that the film was cut more or less to one track (though unlike Duel, it was edited ever so slightly). It's just one little detail that I think was awesome (and may not even have been intentional): when Rive wrenches away Blight's saber, as he throws it into the air to kick it away, the toss is perfectly timed to a "gliss" in the music by the higher-pitched instruments, and then the saber pases by the camera on another gliss.

2) One of the most awesome things I only eralized recently, and that's that even the floor was bluescreened. Several shots against the floor...it's just weird to realize that not even that was there. I mean, it's not too hard to make a floor look real in comparison to everything else, I suppose, but I thought that was a pretty big thing in terms of the overall look.

M. Scott

25. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    The say you should stay away from using yellow on film..it just doesn't look good but DAMN!!! I think this film has got to be the exception. Considering the colour scheme of the entire picture...it worked!
    I watched it again today...it's just good ol' clean Sith Lord Frying Fun!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.