main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton -- The Official Edmonton RPG Thread --

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    This is going to be the thread for the RPG (once it's done). Just wanted to post a few notes to limit confusion

(I'm assuming you all know how to use these. If not click on the link above that says Markup Codes. There's only two colors that show up on this board :()

Red text is going to be used to describe actions

eg. I walk into the cantina to look for my contact. Not seeing him I move into an empty booth.

Yellow text is going to be used for character interactions

eg. "The name's Gorax, Ric Gorax."

No character responses for red text.

Regular font is going to be used for anything said out of character and for reporting die rolls. For any important announcements use bold text

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Don't forget, you can always add a Highlight Area if you need another color to show up... :)

Indy

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Meh. I really only need two

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    But I LIKE using highlights for my messages!!!

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    fine then use highlights :p

6. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Sweet!!!

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Don't anger the GM John... I can make very nasty things happen to you :D

Now... get to work on your character. I wanna play!

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    BRING IT!!! :p

9. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    This has made me giggle...

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Laugh it up fuzzball!!!

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay smarta$$... This is going to be used for commands. eg John roll 1d20 if you want to live! :p

That is the GM's color and only the GM's! Anyone caught using it will find their character without clothes... and that's only the first time [face_devil] (I'm making a character named bubba for the next time you do it)

12. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  13. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Actually, my character WILL be a fuzzball!!

14. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    So can we use other colors???

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Go right ahead... John :D

16. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    *Indigo cheers loudly!!!*

"Sounds good to me, buddy!"

YIPPEEEE!!!!

17. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Shakes head in meek resignation...

18. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Okay, you guys are going to have to help me out here a bit and edit this for me. I don't have the revised core rule book, so just tell me what i need to change. I also can't seem to find how to calculate certain things, so again please help :)

Anyways, i am going to use this online roller because i can't seem to find my d20 set and i have already rolled (first roll) my starting stats, so heres my character:

Venroth Sagorn

Male / Cerean / 6'0 / 195lbs

Jedi Guardian Lvl.5 / Class Lvl.5

Str = 13 +1
    Dex = 12 +1
    Con = 12 +1
    Int = 20 +5
    Wis = 12 +1
    Cha = 6 -2

Vitality = 38 (4 1d10's - 6, 10, 2, 9 + 11) Vitality Dice Roll = 1D10
    Wounds = ? Defense = 17

Initiative = +3 (Cerean +2 bonus) Speed = 10M
    Base Attack = +5 Reputation = 3

Fortitude = +5
    Reflex = +5
    Will = +4

Melee = +6
    Ranged = +6

Skills

72 skill points at Lvl.5 (All these include ranks as well as ablity mods)

Computer Use = +13
    Craft(Droid Consturction) = +13
    Profession(Droid Programmer) = +9
    Climb = +9
    Repair = +9
    Knowledge(Droid history) = +13

Force Skills

Force Push = +13
    Move Object = +13

Feats

Weapon Prof - LightSaber
    Weapon Prof - Blaster Pistols
    Weapon Prof - Simple Weapons
    Force Sensitve

And someone is going to have to help me out on the Force Feats.

Background

Venroth Sagorn has been a Padawan learner for the last few years and is almost ready for the trials. He is working very hard to become a Jedi knight and has only one other passion besides the force...Droids. Even with his continuous Jedi training, Venroth manged to get his degree for Droid repair and Droid programming.

Ventroth has just taken temporary leave from his master to attend a small Droid convention on the Planet of Aldraan.

Well thats my character. What do you think? :)

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    M'kay so you're wound points, if I'm not mistaken is your 10+constitution+any class bonuses so it's around 11. That doesn't change with level either. For Force (and other) skills the most you can put in any one skill is your level +3 so for you that's 8. Now that's before any ability mod (str, dex, con, etc.) so I think those force skills are a little high. Other than that though it looks good. It's a little early now though so I'll take another look when I'm not so groggy. :)

ED: For Force feats take Alter, Control and Sense. (You can take three force feats and these are the only ones available until you reach knighthood)

20. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Wound Points is equal to your Constitution score. In the Cerean's case, it's 12.

Vitality points are calculated by taking the first level as maximum, then adding the dice rolls. After that, you add your Con mod for *every* level. It looks like you added for only one level.

Thus, your VP should be 10 (first level) +6 +10 +2 +9 (rolls) +5 (Con bonus) = 42.

At 5th level Guardian, you'd have Alter, Control and Sense for Force Feats (free, from your class). You get one Bonus feat from the Jedi Guardian list, as well as two other feats to choose. These last two can be anything you want, and don't have to be Force Feats.

You get the abilities Deflect (defense) +1, Deflect (attack) -4, and Increase lightsaber damage (+1d8).

Oh, and all the skills that he has at +13 are Intelligence based skills. So, with his +5 modifier to Int, they are just right.

21. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    This is my character's stat block. It just needs to be approved by the mighty GM. I made the character assuming that I'd be the group's pilot. If this is not the case, then I'll move things around.

Also, I told Berx his background over MSN, but I haven't put it to type yet. When I do that, I'll post it.

Managos: Male Catharese Jedi Guardian 5; Init +5 (+5 Dex); Defense 20 (+5 class, +5 Dex); Spd 12 m; VP/WP 46/15; (BAB +5) Atk +10 melee (3d8/19-20 crit, lightsaber) or +5 melee (1d6, claws) or +10 ranged (3d6, blaster pistol); SQ Deflect (defense) +1, Deflect (attack) -4, Increase lightsaber damage (+1d8); SV Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +5, SZ M; FP 6; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 10, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13.

Equipment: Lightsaber (green), Dark Brown Jedi robes

Skills: Pilot +13/8, Tumble +10/5

Force Skills: Battle Influence +7/6, Battlemind +7/5, Enhance Ability +6/4, Enhance Senses +6/4

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Starship Operation (space transports), Weapon Finesse (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Battle Meditation, Control, Sense

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    D'oh! Knew I had something wrong. I should not do any kinda of math when I'm half asleep.

Character looks good Troy. Don't forget to roll for credits everyone.

For our Jedi characters we'll say that the temple sees to all of our basic gear (comlink, 1 medpak & 2 power paks)

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Gents... meet your Jedi Master.

Kel Mohra Miskin - Human Female Jedi Guardian 4 / Jedi Ace 2 / Jedi Investigator 2 (That's all you're getting for stats as an NPC it's not important)

Background- Before the outbreak of the Clone Wars Kel was known as a 'troubleshooter' for the Jedi and the Republic. As a full Jedi Knight she has no Padawan since her duties leave her little time for instruction. She is one of the few Jedi who works for years at a time away from the council as an investigator and undercover agent often working in conjunction with Justice agents in taking down vast criminal organizations. At the outbreak of the Clone Wars Kel was pulled out of a deep cover assignment in the Hutt cartel and put behind enemy lines gathering intelligence on Seperatist movements. After the completion of several successful missions she was recalled to Coruscant to investigate rumors of Seperatist espionage activity sowing sedition on loyalist worlds. One of the most loyal being the planet of Alderaan. Bail Organa, the senator of Aldeeraan, being a vocal member of the loyalist committee. The council knows it would be a major coup to undermine the authority of the Republic and foment rebellion on this world as such they have dispatched Kel to root out the source of this Seperatist conspiracy.

24. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    A bit of background for Managos:

Managos surveyed the serene, peaceful planet of Alderaan. It was a wonderful place to visit--to vacation, even--but that wasn't the Cathar Padawan's reason for being here. He was here to serve an odd form of punishment.

Managos had gotten quite proficient with his use of the lightsaber, a civilized weapon of an ancient time. He was even well on his way to mastering another ancient Jedi art--that of the Battle Meditation. So it was that, during his last sparring match against a new opponent, he was caught off-guard. He had greatly underestimated the other padawan's ability. He didn't think *anyone* could match him, much less beat him. It was when his opponent disarmed him that he made his grevious error.

Without so much as a thought, he had lashed out with his claws, drawing blood.

His master sent him to Alderaan to meditate on his aggressiveness. Aggression led to the dark side. Here he could watch the people, relax, and try to learn to be more passive and calm.

Of course, he wanted nothing more than to join his brave Jedi brothers and sisters on the battlefield...the Clone War raged at that very moment. Alas, he would spend his time here in contemplation until his master called him back...

...or something else happened.

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Excellent.

Now meet one of the villains

UBD-3*

background - designed by Count Dooku's personal engineer and made at the droid foundries on Geonosis the Ultra Battle Droid is a combat ready proto-type. Only three were ever created. The first two exploded shortly after leaving the foundries because the proto-type power generators inside proved to be too powerful and unstable. Since those incidents UBD-3 was created using proven techonology. The weapons systems were completely downgraded to suit a smaller power plant, one taken from a Hailfire anti-air droid and put into the considerably smaller but still powerful UBD. The UBD also has other special features such as break-away magnetized components. These features haven't been tested in controlled settings. Count Dooku himself wanted these tested in the field... He wanted the modification tested against real targets.

*remember that this isn't PLAYER knowledge so your characters don't even know this much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.